/fat/ General - back to the gym edition

Previous Thread over 300lbs of cellulitis

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Clean your room.

Losertown says I should hit my goal weight (180lbs) by December.

Isn't that a little optimistic?

F A T
U
C
K
S

what's your height ?

6'2"

What's good bitches? Made it through the weekend without eating more than 1600 calories on any given day, and ready to slaughter this week in the gym as well.

How was your memorial day weekend?

hmm... why don't you aim for 200lbs with some muscle ?

Repost for visibility -

Alright, I've been moving out of my apartment and spent all day in hell so I'll field the questions from the previous thread now.

1. "Worst time to do this, Apple. Gyms are closed until Tuesday."

Weightloss and getting Veeky Forums is mostly diet. Eat fewer calories on days you can't gym. Go out for a run. No excuses.

2. "Can we still do the other contest too?"

Yes. The tournament bracket is not removing or replacing the old one, its just supplemental to it.

3. "Bro, what if people cheat?"

If there is that much concern over cheating then I will require all of you to give me scale pictures but christ alive, I feel like a lot of people are going to relent for no good reason. As to cheating as a whole... fucking why? Why cheat in an internet contest with no stakes? Are you all going to wait until the last possible second to weigh in just so you can undermine your competition? I don't understand why cheating is such a concern as the cheater is only being a piece of shit to themselves most of all.

4. "Did you come to a decision on weigh-ins?"

Yes. Weigh-ins will now be FRIDAY ONLY. I'm not extending the window until Sunday any longer for interest of the contest and tournament. You all have a week to prepare for it, there's not really a good reason to be late or not provide me with a reason as to why you can't make it. Maybe I'll make an exception, maybe not. Better be good.

This means the weigh-in window is now 06/02 0001 CST to 06/02 2359 CST. Please convert this for your local time and get the details to me within that span.

If there's any more questions, reply to me. I'll answer a few tonight and the rest later. Also if you guys want to ensure there's no cheating, give me a decent group consensus on the 'picture of the scale' debate and I will make a decision from there.

If I come off as harsh its because today has been a real piece of shit and I'm just about done with it. I apologize ahead of time.

>want to exercise
>so tired I can't keep my eyes open

should I nap then exercise?

How much did you tell it you were planning on eating?

1500 calories with moderate exercise

Well I'm lifting + doing cardio right now since I'm both weak as fuck and my cardio is shit. I'll probably reassess when I get to around the 200 mark.

Losertown just seems overly optimistic. It says I will be losing 3-4 pounds a week

I actually love broccoli though

lads is there a reason why my armpits smell so bad?
its shaved and i soap them everyday

I'm against scale pics purely because footfags will fap to our feet on the scale

Crop the picture.

Next question or comment.

do you really think somebody is fapping to my feet?

>drink more than a fifth to myself on Friday and take in double my calorie goal
>sleep for 24 hours and wake up Sunday morning without consuming anything but water on Saturday

Everything worked out in the end. We're all going to make it.

>its shaved

I tried trimming my pit hair once and they sweat exponentially more.

do you shower every day?

could be coming from the rest of your arm

What's this Smiggie fuckery?

>moderate exercise

Just do sedentary.

Me too, it's tasty. So is eggplant
Different people sweat and smell differently. Also if your diet off you can leech chemicals/toxins in your sweat which changes its scent.

how the hell did you sleep a full 24hours ? Longest I've ever slept was probably 14, and that was after a couple of 4-hour nights in a row followed by a drinking night

I'm 25 years old, 290lbs, 6'0". When I was doing cardio today my heart rate was hitting 180-185bpm. Is that dangerous?

Use deodorant pleb. Be somewhat generous with it and pit it on after exercising as well.

heck yeah

if you stress yourself too hard you can literally die

so basically if you feel like your gonna die then stop

go to like 60% of your max

dont kill yourself

Sleep or exercise what to?
Body says sleep but I want to exercise

> mfw i realize eating a fuck ton of sodium can make you smell like a sweaty sock

Not exactly sure.

I stayed up all night then got home around 9am on Saturday and went to bed. woke up about 12 hrs later, chugged 64oz of water, then went back to sleep until 9am Sunday morning.

It's the first time I've drank heavily while also being on a calorie restricted diet so that must be it.

i'm doin it lads. i'm cutting out all liquid calories. gonna switch to zero cal for a bit, then nothing but water.
hit a PR in the gym today, felt good.
tomorrow is first leg day on new routine. kinda looking forward to it, but the volume is gonna be terrible.
5x5 squats, then ramping 1x5 deads, then power shrugs 3x8, then barbell hip thrusts 4x10

>Clean your room.
What? Why?

dont forget about coffee, sugarfree redbull, diet coke and sips.

perfect for when water gets too boring

Good luck m8. I was a heavy soda drinker my whole life until recently. Early in my diet I cut down to OJ and one pop a day at the most. Then after a few weeks I got sick and also learned that drinking a lot of water would help me drop water weight so I quickly started drinking 4-8 bottles of water a day.

It's been several months now and I haven't looked back. It's easier than you might think honestly. Not that I don't occasionally consider getting a pop or OJ but whenever I see others go out to eat and get mass quantities of it it honestly looks disgusting to me.

Is IF+KETO a meme or will it help me lose weight

diet sodie pops are truly god's sent
come to think about it, i think i wouldn't be able to lost the weight if it weren't for diet drinks

I finally did my first pull up. I always tried hanging from the bar to get used to it, so today I tried to pull myself up, not expecting anything. Damn, I actually did it! I was so fucking pumped after it that I even tried another one, but failed midway. I rested 10 minutes and succeeded on another pull up. I never felt so strong.

Sorry for the blog. I never thought I could do it. DAMN!

>can't keep my eyes open
>sitting on computer bullshitting around

No fucking wonder m8. Go exercise now and you won't feel as tired. Or take an energy shot or drink some coffee.

having a clean living area gives less stress and soothes the fat mind
also you should meditate

Do you honestly find them tasty as well as a good replacement for regular soda? I drank soda like crazy my whole life and find it fucking disgusting. I tried so many different kinds of diet soda when I started my diet. I even tried that half calorie coke Life shit and it all tasted awful to me.

took me a while to get used to the taste. my favorite one's are coke zero, diet mtn dew, pepsi max.
after getting used to it, i cant stand the taste of non diet drinks. too much guilt, carbs and sugar after one can.

It's two layers of meme but you'll lose weight as long as you don't eat too much, no matter how you eat it.

Is this loser town thing a meme? 335lbs and 6'2" like that other dude it but I do PHUL 4x a week for lifting and cardio 6x a week so I eat 2500cal a day and that thing with just the moderate exercise of 3-5 says I'll reach my first major goal of 250lbs by February not adjusting my calories at all. I assume it's just more of a guideline than anything there's no way I could go from 335lbs to 250lbs in just 7 months is there?

if you're just starting out, don't complicate things, just count your calories

it works for the first 50lbs if you are consistent. getting near to your ideal weight is going to be super slow

Is "starvation mode" a meme? I'm fat at 280. Estimated TDEEs show anywhere from 3k to 4k. BMR~2200, eating 1925 cal. Do I need to be concerned about this large of a defecit. Pls help fit

i suggest never eating below bmr. even if you don't do permanent damage, eating that low will promote muscle loss while dieting.

Hey /fat/
25 here
Around 400 lbs. Got my blood test back and everything was fine. Have a repaired hernia and haven't lifted in a while. Don't have a gym membership now but I'll be a college student in the fall so I was wondering if any gyms give discounts to students.

I used to go to a guy who specializes in helping people lose weight and shit but it wasn't for me. I didn't like his methods. Either that or I was too stubborn. Either way, I need to lose this fucking weight. I did lose my virginity though recently to a fat chick on OkCupid but I would have rather been skinny enough to nail a hotter bitch.

I can't give up though. By the time I finish college, I want to be at my goal weight or even before that time. I want to be down to at least 200lbs in a couple years.

85 pounds in 49 weeks (7 months) is 1.73lbs/week

That's a 6,071 kcal deficit each week (3,500kcal per pound)

Your weekly TDEE (with no exercise) is 21,624
Your caloric consumption for the week is 17,500
Your caloric deficit is 4,124 without any exercise

That leaves 1,947 kcal worth of exercise per week

That's 2 hours of cycling @ 335lbs

Easily doable.

>i suggest never eating below bmr.
What the fuck are you talking about? Eating below maintenance is the only way to lose weight.

When you're that fat, you should be losing weight fast.

Talk to your doctor if you're not sure. They have a better idea of your health needs than we do.

>BMR
>maintenance

zug zug

basal metabolic rate = energy needed to maintain proper organ/tissue repair
tdee = total energy expended daily; intake required to maintain bodymass
rmr = resting metabolic rate. calories burned laying in bed surviving.
any questions?

I'm thinking I'll work on eating at my BMR once in not morbid obese BMI. It's weird because I've been doing it a while and almost never feel hungry so it's hard to know long term and it's not too far below BMR

Are you Indian?
If yes then stop eating curry
If no then trim your armpits to one inch and shower every day and apply deodorant every 3 hours you smelly fuck

How bad is drinking fruit juice?
I mean real fruit juice not bottle shit that's actually concentrate, chemicals and sugar.

No that's not the reason
Sleeping for 24h is definitely a sign for depression

Doctor told me 225 is a good weight and my diet plan sounded fine, didn't give any clear answers past that. Everything has been online research at this point

Confirmed for never going to make it

That advice only works when you are near/at a healthy weight.

If you are 100+ lbs overweight, you have plenty of calories stored (fat) for your body to perform normal functions. Just make sure you're getting enough nutrients and you'll be fine.

Pic related should not be eating 4800 calories per day if he wants to lose weight.

Still a lot of sugar

lads im doing it again
im starting another diet
current stats
>112kg/246lbs
>age 22
>height 5'11"
>KHHV

made myself 2 selfies of my belly if i manage to make progress in a month or so i post it

>ride homebike often (try for atleast once a day for 30min)
>eat a lot less
>drink only tap water
wish me luck lads

Get a NutriBullet and just blend diced fruit.

Oh man I fucked up. I've been counting my exercise calories and eating it. Turns out I'm burning way less than I thought. Lost two weeks of progress for being stupid. No longer counting exercise calories in my daily goal.

I was very hungover but yeah, I'm technically pretty depressed as well.

I'm on meds that control my anxiety so I don't want to fuck that up by changing them. I know I need to do something about it though.

I know it's a lot of sugar but it is at least natural sugar and it's not like I'm getting sugar anywhere else in my diet.
I'd only ever have a mouthful here and there, it's not like I'm drinking liters of the stuff.

This is pretty much what I mean.
For me orange juice is an orange in the blender

>im starting another diet
Why did your last one fail? What did you learn?

Then just limit your intake of it.

Good luck pham.

A filter for your faucet or a pitcher is a good investment.

>drinking 0 calorie drinks

Gonna make it

but i already made it, fatty.

Are you fucking shitting me
You're a 400 lbs ham planet and you didn't like a weight loss experts methods? You're not stubborn, you're an entitled fat piece of shit no better than tumblr wales

You know what, if you would have ever really looked into weight loss you would know that you're so fat you could literally eat what you eat now but just less for a few weeks/months and still lose weight but instead you're ok with fucking fat bitches off okcupid

You'll never make it with that attitude fatty
Don't even bother replying cause I don't want to hear excuses from boogies cousin

>my heart rate was hitting 180-185bpm. Is that dangerous?

aim for a steady 160 or so

my progress is slowing down to a crawl. i'm 228 at 6'0" and eating 1900 cals (or sometimes less) a day. i've been dieting for abt 4 months now, am i doing something wrong or is this normal? i'm talking .5-1 pound per week

i know that i'm counting right because i almost exclusively eat packaged/chain restaurant foods with available nutrition information

Actually, my post was saying how I find diet drinks disgusting and I already gave up soda. At least bother to read before responding douche bag.

Pretty good day. 1500 clean calories. I didn't feel like going to the gym (still sore) but I went and did Squat (150 5x5), DL (150 4x5) and Bench (100x5).

Sauna and steam room after feelsgoodman.

Last year I drank hard liquor for 13 hours and watched the entire new season of House of Cards in one sitting. This year I'm not drinking, don't want to ruin my gains (losses).

We're all gonna make it.

When you shower, lather a fuckton of soap in your armpits, turn off the water, and just let it sit for like three minutes. You can't just violently scrub off the scent; you need to give the soap time to work.

Boy, shut the fuck up. If you wanna come in here and shitpost because you don't like fat people, that's fine. But I guarantee I've attempted to lose weight more times than your punk ass has. I didn't like the guy because he was a bodybuilder whose methods were unorthodox as fuck. It wasn't even about counting calories. It was all about weighing food.

I lost hardly any weight with that guy and ended up paying him a ton of money so he can drive a fucking Bentley and a Mercedes-Benz around.

So if you consider some guy with a fake fucking degree a "weight loss expert", then you're delusional as shit.

Diet pop has certainly helped me lose weight.

Sure it's not as good as drinking only water but it's a fuck of a lot better than regular pop.

People say it spikes your insulin or whatever and makes you hungry but I've never experienced that.

What did you start at? I'm 5'11 and started around 240. I stalled around 225 but found that drinking a lot of water helps a lot. I also tend to eat anywhere between 1300 and 1800 calories now and haven't been having any major issues.

Also, I tend to intermittent fast as often as I can. But that's more just because I'm never hungry early in the day so it's easy. Not sure how much that's contributed to my weight loss rate.

i started at 253. i'll try drinking more water, see what happens. i don't wanna go much lower in terms of calories/day because i'd be at a higher risk of snapping and eating poorly again.

What about tea? Unsweetened of course or with some Truvia.

>weighing food
>unorthodox

Weighing your food can be a good way to count calories m8

Not exactly. You don't measure calories by weight. For example if i eat 6 ounces of grilled chicken, and didn't count the calories I ate, then how the fuck would I keep track of my intake? I wouldn't.

ya cant fix stupid

that's a good hobby to get into, i think. but i actually just looked at my mfp diary and i've been eating about 300 under 1900 for a week or so. i'll try dropping to 1700 and see if i'm dying hungry or if i end up okay.

>For example if i eat 6 ounces of grilled chicken, and didn't count the calories I ate

Why the fuck wouldn't you count the calories you dumb fat cunt? And why the fuck would you be weighing the food if you weren't going to count the calories? Your post makes no fucking sense. That's like saying driving is a bad mode of transportation because what if I keep my eyes closed?

>have a piece of meat
>uhhh looks like about 6 oz i'll log that much
or
>weigh it
>it's 8 oz
>your fat ass would have eaten an extra handful of chips that night because of your counting mistake

You're even more delusional than I thought fatso
Everything I said was the mere truth which you can't accept because you're mentally ill. No sane person could ever end up at 400 lbs and since you just said you attempted to lose weight a couple of times you were even fatter than 400 or you kept on trying to lose weight at 400 but it didn't work. I come here not to shitpost people, I come here because I was 290 lbs at 6'4 and I'm down to 210 now and guess how I did it? I counted calories and lifted.. just like that guy with a fake degree told you to but you're just a high estrogen pussy bitch but that's probably due to your fat levels

We can talk again in a couple of months but there's no need to, you'll never make it

is this real?

Hi /fat/, just posting into the void.

My brother's fiance moved in with us a couple months ago and is overweight, worsened by the fact that she wears nothing but skin-tight clothes. I feel disgusted looking at her. Like, honestly pure disgust and disdain for her mere presence.

Which made me realize how people must feel when looking at me, since I'm 5'10" and 320 lbs. I look like I'm hiding two grapefruits and a keg underneath my shirt. My under-arm fat makes my arms rest several inches from my sides. I walk noticeably slower than the average person and get tired if even a slight incline is introduced. I've been fat since I was 8 (I'm 24 now). I'm also 110% sure I have legit gyno.

Despite being on Veeky Forums for over ten years now, I'm actually a pretty sociable guy who mainly rolls with normalfags. I handle conversations fine, get to know people easily, I'm not too nice or a pushover, don't spill my spaghetti, and people generally seem to like me. Which makes it all the more blatant that the only reason I'm still a virgin is that I'm a hamplanet. It's one thing to feel like women are another species or that they're all just bitches and whores. It's another thing to actually get along with them fine and easily recognize women in your life who'd be all up on your dick if you had even an average skinnyfat body instead of the malformed monstrosity underneath your 4XL shirt.

tl;dr I'm fat as fuck and it's all my fault, changing it so I can get my dick wet, you will hear from me again, remember to like and subscribe

Clearly Veeky Forums is full of autistic retards that don't understand that when you're told by someone "OH YOU DON'T NEED TO COUNT YOUR CALORIES, JUST WEIGH YOUR FOOD, AND WORK OUT", you fucking do it.

Well it didn't fucking work. I didn't keep some MyFitnessPal shit when I trained with the dumbass

>You don't measure calories by weight.

No fucking shit m8. You look up how many calories an ounce of grilled chicken is then weigh the chicken to see how many oz you're eating. ARe you fucking joking?

It's not because of your hangover dude
It's definitely your depression and your pills and if you continue taking that shit it will only get worse

Quit that shit right now, suffer for a few months and continue living your fucking life

290 at 6'4 isn't shit, dude. You lose 100 lbs and you're golden. I lose 100 lbs and I'm still fucking obese. I guess Veeky Forums doesn't understand that being on antipsychotics and antianxiety meds affect that shit too, do they?

>drinking soda
>making it

I did weigh it but I didn't calculate the caloric value of the goddamn food, you nigger.

>How bad is drinking fruit juice?

Your body digests it too quickly.
For example, the best moment to have a glass of fruit juice would be if you train for a total of 2 hours, and have the fruit juice after an hour or so

You realize you can know how many calories per unit of weight in a food, right?

IE: 8 ounces of chicken = a set calorie amount

No wonder Veeky Forums gets made fun of.
No wonder READ THE FUCKING STICKY is a meme.
No fucking wonder this place is the laughing stock of Veeky Forums.
And no wonder there's a /fat/ thread because you losers can't get your shit together. If you had it together, your ass wouldn't even fucking be here.

is this a troll