>forced to take two months off
>do deadlifts again for the first time since
>injure lower back again

who /hopeless/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

billstarrr.blogspot.de/2012/01/rehabbing-lower-back.html
youtube.com/watch?v=67YMb2_1fCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What percentage of you max did you attempt on your first session after the two months?

Good Q user

About 60%, I started out light and could feel something rip in my lower bck only on my second set of 185

felt like pain 30 minutes later. I can't even sit.

kill yourself

How about you stop deadlifting you moron. Not like it's important anyway if you are not a disgusting powerlifter

Why do you have to be assholes?

Shut up faggot go to reddit if you don't like it

I feel you user
I was doing RDLs, on my last set I felt something
I doubt mine is as bad as yours
Though I will take a couple days of the gym

I wish you the best of luck user

That's what you get for doing cat form you piece of shit.

hahaha sucked in faggot

I thought you guys were my bros

>snaps his shit up deadlifting 185 pounds

dyel bro

you have to train your back before you even start doing deadlifts again.
billstarrr.blogspot.de/2012/01/rehabbing-lower-back.html
do this program

post cat back, OP

>carrying two coffee mugs at work
>grip the handles a little too hard
>one handle snaps and slices across the middle knuckle on my middle finger
>nicks the tendon
>have to go for surgery the next day
>surgeon tells me not to lift weights for the next three months

I was making solid progress up to that point.

Do you have any PROOF the deadlift caused the injury? Everyone always goes on about saying how the deadlift causes injuries. I have yet to see any evidence for that

Im not trying to sound like an asshole op but is your form bad? Was it bad when you first injured it? Watch a lot of youtibe videos from people like Jonnie Candito, Omarisuf, and Alan Thrall to make sure you get form right

fuck whats this guys name

his video on the olympic lifts is hilarious

OP, there are ways to train your posterior chain that don't involve deadlifts.

Glute hyperextensions can train a similar movement with less risk of heavy weight pulling on your shoulders, upper back, and spine.

You can cross-hold a plate to your chest as you do them to increase the load. Think of making an "X" on the plate with your arms.

Or, if you really wanna work your rhomboids and biceps, you can grip the plate on the sides and pull your shoulders back, and hold it to your chest.

Remember to keep the neck neutral.

When you finish the rep, just drop the plate, don't try to handle it in that position, it's not worth it.

If deadlifts are hurting you, actually hurting you, stop doing them. Period.

There are other ways to strengthen the posterior chain. Don't let any tryhard edgy faglords on the Internet try to convince you otherwise.

>grip the handles a little too hard

Are you Forest Gump or something. Control that retard strength.

I think that was the problem. I'd been lifting 3-4 times a week for the previous four months and my grip strength, which was already strong, had improved significantly. No bueno.

OP you should google 'proper deadlift form' and execute it. Seriously. I kind of instinctively got it somehow but you should feel the weight in your hamstrings first, then your back as you straighten.

I can lift a lot more now that I'm using proper form and just feel more at ease.

t.dyel

Stop giving me paranoia, brah. Last time when I maxed out on deads, I almost lost consciousness. Now I carry a small bottle of ammonia with me, just in case.

There's nothing scarier to me than fucking your back in half with deads. The time spent recovering, detraining, the inevitable struggle to retrain yourself, all while knowing that the injury may reappear suddenly.

Post cat back OP pls

>carry a small bottle of ammonia
That first sip

yeah bro but you can't PROVE deadlifts cause injuries so stop hating on deadlifts cause no here HAS PROVIDED VIDEO EVIDENCE therefore it doesn't exist

Oh hey, its you. I expected you here

brah I'm mocking that guy

Don't do deadlifts if you're taller than 182 cm.

>redditors accusing other redditors of being from reddit
refugees get OUT

same shit happened to me. could not properly squat and deadlift for almost a year, sitting was painful, etc

then I started doing yoga, strengthened my core, worked on my technique, stretched, and now I'm fine. although whenever I stop doing yoga for a few days I can feel the old lower back pain/stiffness creeping in.

>injure back
>come back thinking your back is anywhere near recovered back to how it was before injury

You brought this on yourself you dumb faggot, you should have been doing 1 plate max

youtube.com/watch?v=67YMb2_1fCI

>not recovering with 805 lbs

>have shit form
>hurt back by lifting too much
>take break
>do ORM as soon as I get back to the gym
>hurt back again because shit form
>post gay shit on Veeky Forums
sage

did you take n months off the gym or the deadlifts?

i injured my lower back too, i am currently not squating or deadlifting, i train my upper back by doing wide-grip pull ups and cable rows

it doesn't hurt my back, however, if i bend over to pick up a plate or a dumbell heavier than 40 pounds my lower back warns me not to keep the effort

help me boys

stop being a cuck and push through. no, memes aside, if you can see a physical therapist to help you strengthen any muscles that are weak and not allowing you to do diddies

i've been to 2 different orthopedists and both told me not to legpress/squat/deadlift that I'd be fine and the pain would go away

it's been 3 months now, I haven't squatted or deadlifted heavy yet, but I feel the moment I do my back will collapse

>not going to a physical therapist so you can get back to lifting

If you are feeling strain mostly in your lower back you are doing it wrong

>back never hurt before in my whole life
>start doing deadlifts
>back gets hurt
>stop doing deadlifts
>back doesn't hurt anymore
>start doing deadlifts again
>back gets hurt again
>stop doing deadlifts completely
>back never hurts anymore
you can take your proof and stick it up your ass

I never get hurt doing deadlifts

Good keep doing them then and stop trying to undermine other people's problems and stop denying that you are because that's exactly what you're trying to do right now.

Stop blaming the lift on what is actually your shitty form.

>deadlift 2pl8
>tear an ab muscle

It's been over a month now and it still feels funky. Kill me now.

>that pic
You finally did it, you shitty website. Congratulations. I'm gay.

Sorry ur genetic trash, consider HRT.

I use mouse piss as nose torq. Works great.

holy shit bro, same shit. i only took 2 weeks off tho. I normally do 3 plates, i try doing 1 plate, lower back pain comes again :'( feels so bad man.

I just want to deadlift again but with 100% correct form but i think i fucked it up for good.

I'm going to try taking 2 months off... hopefully it will fix...

sorry bro ;_;
try mobility work?

I was victim to the same cycle. I'd take a month off deadlifting and start so slow you wouldn't believe, but the pain would still return. This was after six years of deadlifting with no issues whatsoever.

The only way i've found is to stop deadlifting altogether. I can still do barbell hip thrusts for dem dere glutes, and rows/pullups seem good enough for the rest of my back. Better than having back pain.

Good luck