Gyms: Is expensive really better?

In Veeky Forums opinion, what is the best kind of gym: expensive or cheap? Also what gyms do you ultimately hate? Pic related is Planet Fatass

Other urls found in this thread:

hachealthclub.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is planet fitness really as bad as people make it out to be? I thought about joining there because you can bring a guest with you for free and maybe I can motivate my gf to lose some weight without her bitching about the cost of a membership

I've been there as a member several times and it's usually in shitty areas and the machines suck

Literally never seen or heard of anyone kicked out of PF unless they were fucktards.

Just a casual gym for new workout peeps.

Would you go there, Veeky Forumsizen?

>casual
No barbells, sometimes even no smith machines. Stay away.

then where? is anytime fitness good?

Snap fitness is good

i'll see if there's any here

I pay over 60 dollars a month for my membership (keep in mind this is in Norway). Its expensive as fuck, but you really get what you pay for. Every isolation machine ever basically, lots of free weight areas, a ton of dumbells, mirrors on all walls, fuck ton of thread mills with tvs, sauna, steam bath, big locker rooms, good atmosphere, lots of staff, gyms all over the city you can use, sometimes free PT

there's this place here that's like that. About 100 dollars a month but it's upscale as hell and the women are hot as fuck. Might sign up soon.

100 a month nigga are they/you crazy

I pay 20€ max, dont even know a gym in my area that charges more.

is yours this nice? hachealthclub.com

My gym is €16 a month in an economy where you could pay €5 for a pint.

There's enough barbells and plates to take me where I want to go though one day I'll probably switch to a much more expensive powerlifting gym or buy my own stuff

Considering my local ymca if i get this promotion

Like £55 pcm but its huge and looks yo have loads of power racks.

My current gym has 1 power rack and the ceiling is so low i hit it when doing OHP.

if theres free weights then good

I guess if you dont want niggers or arabs than you have to pay that much, but for that price you could easily buy a home gym.

Mine has too many niggers and kids

I pay $1 a session for 5 days a week so 5 dollaridoos

Yeah there is.

I live in central London.

>implying i can even afford my own apartment instead of just renting a room

All the anytime fitness locations I have been to have decent free weights. It's also nice because a membership gets you into any location in the country.

then go for it

I don't mind machines. I mind privacy though

ok

As long as you avoid rush hour (4-7pm) it's not top bad.

anytime is 24 hours i think

I'm in sweden and paying 25 bucks a month( with student discount) and my gym has all that.
>gyms all over the city you can use
minus this

Does it also have a mosque?

my local planet fitness doesn't have a single barbell

like 5 smith machines but no bars

and 60 treadmills
and 20 bikes
and dumbells stopped at 55 lbs

but it has pizza yo

honestly I lifted there for about 4 months because of my work+school schedule basically meaning all of my other gyms would be closed when I had free time. Changed schedule so that I can go to a better local gym.

My complaints are solely that their equipment is entirely for people who have no idea what they're doing. If they had proper equipment no one would give a fuck about their all inclusive attitude and treadmill factory zone.

I agree. They entice people with the cheap and convenient factor but these people aren't really making any strides.

I am fucking stuck at the worst gym ever. All the equipment was purchased used in the 80s and has never been fucking cleaned once. The floor has holes in it, especially in the free weight area, and it's easy to trip or step through while lifting. There is no air conditioning of any kind. The nicest of the gym goers literally has tourettes, the rest of them are visibly fucking cracked beyond that. I mean, I wasn't expecting to work out among rocket scientist, but most of these people are dumb as dirt. The whole gym smells like piss. It's supposed to be 'old school bodybuilder' but it's just retarded and half the machines don't even work.

Moral of the story: don't go as cheap as possible, even if you think it's 'good enough', because you you might end up stumbling onto a closeted-gay angry retard convention and get stuck there for a year contract.

>get stuck there for a year contract.
contracts, not even once

It's the "liberals" gym

That's expensive depending on other gyms in your area. Planet is 10 for me per month. La would be 25. A powerlifting gym is 40. Waiting to go to the powerlifting gym until I can lift somewhat reasonable weight without looking like a douche

19€/month with yearly contract, 29€/month without contract. open 24/7 with eleiko equipment. it used to cost 45€/month, but a new cheaper gym was opened nearby and competition forced them to lower the prices so now its basically a high quality gym with a low price.

>feelsgood.exe

Mine is really nice. No barbells but dumbbells go up to like 85 or some shit. I started like 5 months ago so its alright for newer people to working out.

>no barbells
>its alright for newer people to working out
It's really not, you should start with barbell compounds from the start.

>In Veeky Forums opinion, what is the best kind of gym: expensive or cheap?
The one you can afford and is convenient to you.
>Also what gyms do you ultimately hate?
I don't hate any gyms, what I hate are shitty gym teachers.

Ymca is usually pajeet city, make sure you get a trial before committing longer term

>sauna, steam bath
So, rooms dedicated for gay sex?

I thought Norway was different from Sweden, guess I was wrong.

One I go to outside of my job is nice. Not too many people on weekends. If you want to join a gym but can't afford it go to a PF, meet the owner, and go on a tour. Mine has ropes and decent weights. The owner says he doesn't follow most rules.

>or arabs

That's right, bitch.
Our genes are solid, and we gain easily.

Do they close during Muslim prayer times.

What the fuck björn?
I pay 300sek every month for a 24/7 gym
It's not the prettiest but it has good space and has everything you need

No, we prefer campus gyms.

Ayy I live in central London as well. Lift w/ me

>no barbells
why even go to the gym

No barbells? Why kind of heresy is Planet Fitness running? I knew you couldn't "grunt" or slam weights, but they don't even have weights to begin with. Literally why?

Barbells are dangerous and lead to judging. Smith machines only, final destination.

No barbells = not worth your time

>
>anytime is 24 hours i think

I'm pretty sure that's implied by their name.

Not one of the two nords on here, but have you ever been in a sauna? You sound a little insecure. Are you afraid that you'll pop a boner at all the shredded men beside you? That's pretty gay

I go to OneLife Fitness. Place is expensive, $40 a month, but they have shittons of dumbells, fitness cages, power racks, and only one smith machine, thankfully almost completely unused. Staff are all bro-tier. Good place, but I'm thinking of switching to a smaller, cheaper place once my year membership goes out.

10 dollars a month and it has everything that other gyms have except barbells, I've gone their hundreds of times and i've never seen someone get kicked out for being a "lunk" and there are actually lots of extremely Veeky Forums people who are regulars there. Only time the alarm has gone off was when someone was doing a 600 LB calf raises on the smith machine all the way from his shoulders to the ground and made a super loud sound and broke the machine. Only reason to go to another gym would be for barbells and because P fit has lots of highschoolers and old people which can get annoying.

Tour the snap fitness first. Mine has barbells and good dumbbells and incline/decline benches but no squat/power rack or bench press because they had to make room for zumba

I have an $80/month place very similar definitely swapping over when I have the income

>Not one of the two nords on here, but have you ever been in a sauna?
Yes, I once walked in a sauna with 2 faggots having buttsex in there, shit was disgusting.

Like, what the fuck man, go get a room for fucks sake!

There's an Anytime Fitness locally that's $45 a month, the most affordable option within my area (other potential gyms are Goodlife and Orange Theory, both of which are at least $150+ a month)

There's a serious BB gym near me, Armbrust, best gym I've been to. Full of huge, motivational, friendly people. Also Phil heath. 45/mo at the cheapest. I'm going there once I get another job. Lifting with all equipment and good people will be worth it. Went there twice and had some amazing workouts with strangers.

Currently lifting at Anytime Fitness, friendly people, but when I'm one of the largest people there(not even that big), I just need to find a new place.

planet fitness gets unwarranted hate. it's a gym for out of shape people who are afraid to go to a real gym. it does it's job and serves it's purpose. keeps un/fit/ retards out of the real gyms too.

A gym is most often what you make of it. I go to planet shitness and I love it, aside from no barbells. That really does suck. But dumbbells go up to 80 which is fine and since I workout alone the smith machine is a good safety spot.

I would say pick a gym based on convenience. PF for me is less than 5 minutes down the road. If it was a Golds, I'd go there I honestly don't care. And there are alot of people in great shape that go to my gym. Like jacked. And plenty of cardio bunnies that want front row cardio to watch you lift.

My good buddy hates pf. He found a gym that looks like something straight out of Pumping Iron and he loves that. I just can't stand gyms that aren't well ventilated and small like ball sack. He loves that atmosphere though, so to each his own. He also pays 50 a month and it's not 24/7. I pay 10.