Isn't this super unhealthy for your shoulders? What's even the point of this exercise?

Isn't this super unhealthy for your shoulders? What's even the point of this exercise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7-5gbtfOY
aworkoutroutine.com/steroids-vs-natural/
youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg
t-nation.com/training/kipping-pull-ups-the-truth
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pointless and retarded.

any exercise done fast is stupid, and does not strain any muscles, just damages joints.

She isn't fully extending her arms on the way down so most of the tension is staying in her hands and forearm.

just for show "look i'm a fit girl"

Saw lately a crossfit retard in the gym doing this. Never unterstood it. It's bullshit by all means using momentum in a strength excercise. maybe it's useful to train muscle-up. don't know.

This isnt true.

You're suppose to lift as fast as possible while still keeping control of the weight.

according to whom?

>pointless and retarded.
And this seems to be the best female crosfitter (whatever that means)

that is a legitimate crossfit pullup

Then crossfit is bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7-5gbtfOY

no shit

still pro crossfiters (this guy in video is not pro crossfiter) look great

I know it looks retarded but other than that, I don't get why kipping pull ups are so derided. I see them as more of a gymnastic thing as opposed to a traditional strength movement.

So sick of CrossFit. Fucking pointless!

because they are not natty. someone who roids builds more muscle doing nothing than natty who lifts

aworkoutroutine.com/steroids-vs-natural/

>Isn't this super unhealthy for your shoulders?
yes and no. no full extension so it's not as bad as it looks, I've seen enough who slam into the bottom position like a retard while doing this though, that's pretty brutal
>What's even the point of this exercise?
bragging rights of pumping out 200 in a row when you can do like 15 strict ones kek

This is what dyels actually believe

The longer you lift the more you come to terms with cheating for strength and power/speed for proper form

Crossfit is so awful. Why the fuck do people get into it?

>any exercise done fast is stupid, and does not strain any muscles, just damages joints.
user's got it, time to call the IWF and get them shut down, they're just damaging joints!

it's a great way to meet chicks who are into working out

Just playing devil's advocate here but I could see potential benefit for a few reasons:

>In cf, the goal isn't necessarily to build the most muscle as it is with a bodybuilding routine, but developing metabolic conditioning. In a workout with 100+ pullups, it allows for a more continuous flow of activity across the board so that the workout isn't bottlenecked by one exercise that's far more difficult than the others. Heart rate stays higher for longer.
>Kipping pullups are arguably a much more "natural" motion than strict motionless ones. In terms of function, if you had to pull yourself up and over something in a life-or-death situation, you wouldn't stupidly freeze your legs and hips and do all the work with your arms - you would use your whole body trying to get up and over the obstacle. Similarly, if you take someone who has never heard the term "pull up" before and ask them to get up and over that bar, they will likely sway their hips as they go, implying some connection of the kinetic chain between the upper and lower body in this movement. If your goal is to "move as well as possible" kipping well is a refinement of a natural movement. Yes I know appeal to nature is a logical fallacy but we are talking about biology which is subject to laws of nature.

Now I still do strict pullups but we did all kinds of kipping in gymnastics and I think it's a worthwhile skill to learn albeit not one I'd want to do several hundred times in a row.

a CF classic youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg

It's not a muscle up. When you want to get up a cliff, it's a muscle up.
None form checks a muscle up, it's strictly meant to serve a purpose.

A pull-up is a bodybuilding exercise meant to target and train the upper back. That's why you stop at the point where your lats are fully contracted.
That's literally it's purpose. It's not """"functional""""".

And even then, it's quite a stretch to get from a muscle up to kippling stranded fish shit.
You loop a movement that was only meant to get you up, now you add a downwards phase and make it an artificial movement.
That doesn't train anything functional, as you claim. It trains doing kippling pullshits, nothing else.

Have you ever seen someone hanging from a cliff waddling around like a stranded fish in the sun? No

interesting boner

At best it's developing no muscles, and you'll only get better at doing them more and not anything else, like an actual pull up.

At worst it's actively damaging your shoulders and carries a high risk of injury for no benefit.

people could easily google "why crossfit uses kipping pullups" but no let's just fill the thread with autistic circlejerking

t-nation.com/training/kipping-pull-ups-the-truth

It's a crossfit exercise.

>What's even the point of this exercise?
reps, I guess
as long as you don't bomb down the bottom part it shouldn't be that bad. I wouldn't do it anyway, because as you get tired your control over that weakens.

t. dyel

The faster you lift, the more force your muscles are producing, which is what you're training for.

Do a set of really fast reps and then a set of really slow reps and tell me what's harder... you're a fucking moron.

Smashing your chin on the bar and knocking all your teeth out.

not him, but explosive force != resistance conditioning
really slow reps mimic long rep sets, with a twist. "fast twitch fatigue-resistant", "fast twitch fatigable" and "slow oxidative" fibres require different trainings; these trainings may include faster/slower execution and high/low reps.
TL;DR is bullshit, there's a place for fast execution. What should never be compromised is proper form. Form and speed are unrelated.

with this I don't mean to defend kipping, that's retarded beyond salvation.

Has crossfit touched you in your private places?

lol, reminds me of the guy I saw OHPing .5 pl8s, 10 seconds per rep

>still pro crossfiters (this guy in video is not pro crossfiter) look great

if you think they got that way doing crossfit than you are very naive, friend

>I can't present an argument so I will just assume some random ad hominem bullshit