Is chicken and broccoli a good dinner for weight loss?

Is chicken and broccoli a good dinner for weight loss?

I oven cook the chicken (2-3 breasts, or drumsticks or thighs) and eat it with 5-6 florets.

This a good meal? I quite literally cannot cook anything else, not even rice and don't know shit about food.

Other urls found in this thread:

choosemyplate.gov/2015-2020-dietary-guidelines-answers-your-questions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't eat meat. Animal proteins are incredibly bad for you.

Read the sticky, faggot

>how not to die

So how SHOULD a person die?

trip on vegantrap

Not from heart disease, diabetes, stroke, parkinsons or emphesyma. All caused by animal proteins

>I oven cook the chicken

Ewww

is there a reason to eat anything but chicken broccoli and rice?

>I oven cook the chicken

Ewww

>2-3 breasts

Eating like 1,000cal of chicken per sitting is probably not good for weight loss senpai

add to large glass bowl:
1 cup rice
2 cups water

cover with plastic wrap, poke a few knife holes in plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 10 minutes. if it's still too wet microwave it a couple more minutes. if it's too dry microwave it less next time.

Fuck living longer with vegan lifesyle. I'd rather die around 60 if I dont end up with a shit ton of money to blow. Life is shit past that anyways

these are all caused by fructose you cretin

Yeah, you don't get your vitamins by some shitty broccoli.
There's are healthier options to rice.
It tastes like shit.
Every adult human being with a little life expirience will think you are retarded (which you are).

I'd advise you to research and reconsider. Plenty of african diets with age matched studies have shown the link is protein not fructose.

Breasts are very low cal and so are broccoli. They're high in protein so it's literally the best cutting food.

You can probably get your daily protein from that meal. I don't recommend carbs for cutting but brown rice would be fine to add if you don't overdue it.

so take a multivitamin then

>it tastes like shit
never gonna make it

> I quite literally cannot cook anything else, not even rice

You can't boil some fucking rice ? how the fuck

silly vegan!

>It tastes like shit.

end your own life

I thought oven cooking would be healthiest. I suppose I cut cut the chicken down to one.

ignore him, baking is a perfectly acceptable method for cooking chicken

>Every adult human being with a little life expirience will think you are retarded
What does this even mean?

>every adult thinks eating chicken is retarded
Am I missing something or was there a secret meeting with every adult but me to declare chicken is no longer the leanest, cheapest meat?

>it tastes like shit and isn't a healthy diet at all

We conclude: zero reason to eat it all day every day.

I know I know, your autism makes you think that you are particularly discipline and cool if you stuff your face with the same food 7 days a week, but in reality you are just shit at cooking and mentally retarded.

>heart disease
caused by weak heart, mostly because of genetic conditions, when its not its because of the abuse of fat meats, fried shit and not because someone eats chicken
>diabetes
too much fat and sugar may give you diabetes
>stroke
its a heart condition, caused by bad habits and not by meat itself
>parkinsons
i doubt meat has anything to do with parkinson
>emphesyma
lung problem that is caused mostly by polution and smoking, again, meat has nothing to do with lung disease

>>You can't boil some fucking rice

I've tried, it's just impossible to me. I know I'm not totally crazy because my asian friends agree that cooking rice without a rice cooker is too challenging. I'm thinking of getting one of those but I don't eat much rice anyway.

I can make pasta, I think, but I'm trying to cut that out since I was eating it every single day and I think it's not doing me any favors.

i've eaten chicken just about every day for 9 months straight and it's still my favourite thing to eat. tastes great and there's a thousand different ways to eat it.

maybe you're the retarded one that doesn't know how to cook, lad

Grill that shit, get a George Foreman grill they cost like $20

Salmon, mackerel, sweet potatoes, spinach, oats, tomatoes, carrots, eggs, cottage cheese are all examples of other healthy foods you should be consuming that are easy to prepare and delicious.

Try adding a little variety into what you eat as long as it's healthy. The people who swear by CBR are they same people who get their nutrition advice from Youtube channels.

Stuffing your face with 2 lbs of meat every day is indeed a bad habit.

Any kind of diet that is extremely imbalanced and one sided is unhealthy. This includes vegan diets as much as a retarded chicken-broccoli-rice everyday all day diet.

If you unironically think that eating that exclusively is healthy or cool or disciplined or anything positive then you are simple mentally challenged.

I'm talking about chicken with broccoli and rice you fucking mongoloid, learn to read.

kys for living like that.

>getting this angry over some broccoli
>subbed to a few amateur chef channels and think you're above anyone who eats CBR

what's the issue user, don't you want to get big and swole like me?

I'm getting mad over retards replying to my post without actually reading it beforehand.

You won't get big with those kid portions

Wish I could become structured like you man. My mom still makes chicken for me (and it fucking sucks btw, dry AF).

> my asian friends agree that cooking rice without a rice cooker is too challenging
Your asian friends are retarded

>I can make pasta
It's basically the same principle.Pour water over it and let it boil until it gets as soft as you like.

Just chicken and broccoli is a bit weak for a meal. You could up the amount of broccoli and replace some of the chicken with beans, which are very nutritious, have a lot of fiber, and decent protein.

>eggs

You were doing so well

Are you scared of complete proteins?

There are less unhealthy ways to get complete protein

Since we're talking about food here. How good is peanut butter as a protein source? Do any of you eat it on a regular basis?

Shit.
It's for fats if anything.

For some reason this had me laughing, imagining every person in the planet meeting for some global decision-making forum and of course user somehow missed the memo and is wondering where everybody went

It's an alright supplementary protein source but it's mostly eaten for the fat/calories

Yeah you're right. I just love my eggs.
Not great. Probably wouldn't harm if you're a complete skelly

I regularly eat just chicken and broccoli with a tbsp of natty pnut butter (chicken and pnut butter are a godmode combo).
I did the Lean Mass Diet years ago. It basically consisted of those three ingredients along with tuna, green beans and grapefruit. It was actually a pretty effective diet. I lost a shit load of bf and still made gains on SS. I still eat those things regularly. I liked them before but the diet must have done something to me mentally, because those are favorite go2 meals for me now.

So are eggs the best way to go for a daily natural source of protein then? And how would you eat them, fried or boiled?

Chicken with broccoli an rice.
I am talking about
Chicken with broccoli and ricey

I am not talking about
Chicken.

Chicken with broccoli and rice
is what I am talking about.

Chicken
is not what I am talking about.

Do you now know what I am talking about or do I need to make it even more clear?

what's wrong with chicken broccoli and rice?

Nothing.
Unless you eat it exclusively.

They have complete protein but have lots of fat as a downside so don't eat too many.

Boiled

The cholesterol is the main drawback. You can only fit 1 egg into your daily diet whhile staying within health guidelines, and even then only if you eat little or no meat the rest of the day

U mean ur 4-500 kcal meals ? AYLMAO EAT SMALL TO STAY SMALL

Not that user, but what if I supplement such a diet with fish, sweet potatoes, spinach, and bell peppers?

Sounds better.
Add some healthy fruits.

Didnt the gubmint revise that 1960's study?

I read somewhere that the original study linking food cholestoral to blood cholestoral was debunked.

dietary cholesterol != blood cholesterol

they're 280cal each fuck u meathead

There were hundreds of studies done over decades and no they weren't debunked. Some journalists just misreported on some cholesterol-related news a few years ago, making it sound like cholesterol guidelines disappeared, but they haven't.

But one does influence the other, which is the problem

Apples, apricots, bananas?

Berries mostly. The darker the better.

Sources

do you even leucine

I don't know what his source is (probably a news report), but the guidelines on cholesterol are to have as little in your diet as reasonably possible

choosemyplate.gov/2015-2020-dietary-guidelines-answers-your-questions

>While adequate evidence is not available for a quantitative limit for dietary cholesterol in the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines, cholesterol is still important to consider when building a healthy eating style. In fact, the Dietary Guidelines states that people should eat as little dietary cholesterol as possible.

The confusion came when the pre-guidelines draft report claimed that there was no appreciable relationship between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol. That was based on a report by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology, who were summarizing recent evidence on cholesterol, saturated fat, and trans from 1998 to the present, and unlike saturated and trans fat they weren't able to make a clear formula for dietary cholesterol's impact due to the differences in design between studies. They called for more research on dietary cholesterol so they could make a better mathematical equation for its impact. Journalists started reporting that cholesterol wasn't a problem anymore, while the USDA guidelines later came out saying that people should eat even less cholesterol than was previously recommended, using the Institute of Medicine's more broad analysis, although this got practically no news coverege compared to the original sensationalist headlines.

I think I'll incorporate beans into it for some variety.

I've really gotta learn how to cook.