Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sNnhjJt6Wdk
t-nation.com/training/traps-are-the-new-abs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try heavy deadlifts and heavy rows.

Why?
>shrugs

Genetics.

How many are you doing, for how much weight, for what weekly frequency?

Also, bare in mind that traps and delts look smaller on natties because when you go fraud, your traps and delts explode like the dickens. Because every "hot shirtless guy" in Hollywood is on the gas, they all have traps. Some of them are pre-otter dyels, but they still have traps from their tren/test cycle.

If you know about the loudness wars in music production, it's like that. There's a trap war.

>tfw I just do deadlifts and my traps grow
>hit my chest from 70 different angles and it doesn't grow

They need estrogen to grow not shrugs this is like traps 101

Look up alpha destiny on youtube

Bruh that's a generalization. You can get your traps that big natty, you just need to balance it out to the rest of your routine.
>80lb shrugs
>20 reps
Once this starts to feel decent, drop down to 60lbs for a day and blast out like 50 straight, then the next day go back to 80 for 30 reps. This is how I get all my freeweights to jump without sacrificing form or reps.

Heavy rack pulls above the knee.

>traps are at a point where they dont want to grow
>go on vacation with friends where I drink tons of alcohol every day for almost a week
>only "workout" is carrying beer boxes through Berlin and up arpartments
>somehow my traps and biceps have grown and I generally look better

wtf ?

hold The Press™ at the top

>doing farmer's carry step-ups
Brah, dat functional.

do hang cleans and your traps will explode

Try upright rows my dude.

Really made me think

that perhaps

chest will grow if you only do bench?????

If your shoulders can handle them they are BRUTALLY effective

this and cheat shrugs are the only answer that give effective results why the fuck do people advise growing your traps by not targeting them directly its the same bullshit as compounds getting you sick biceps

What makes them so bad for shoulders? If I've had an impingement before should I even attempt them?

just do some heavy ass deadlifts

Trying to keep going when your shoulders are maxed out is usually why. Just pull a light weight at first(like 20lbs) to see where they bind. Stop an little below that when you do actual sets.

This, use dumbbells with weight that you can handle 100% correctly or your shoulders WILL be snapped up. Do not use a barbell.

slow bent over rows 8 reps

Your form sucks

youtu.be/sNnhjJt6Wdk

>
>Bruh that's a generalization. You can get your traps that big natty, you just need to balance it out to the rest of your routine.
lb shrugs
reps
>Once this starts to feel decent, drop down to 60lbs for a day and blast out like 50 straight, then the next day go back to 80 for 30 reps. This is how I get all my freeweights to jump without sacrificing form or reps.
Lolilol 80 PD shrugs

I discovered a new way to do db shrugs that I think work great. Set a bench to incline, lean over with your chest where you normally rest your back against, shrug with heavy dumbbells.

best advice here.

what is the GOAT upper trap exercise??

This x10000000

damn i came here to post this. seriously, deadlifts, hang cleans, do heavy as fuck shrugs in the smith machine, you'll get traps.

you have to do it with weights

So like a chest supported row?

Barbell shrugs, dumbbell shrugs

Start using straps

facepulls, so underrated. Enables you to squeeze your traps way more than any type of shrugs imo

So incline shrugs

>WHY

*shrugs* I donnow man.

Just discovered these. Gamechanger.

How deep is your rom? And don't roll your shoulders

t-nation.com/training/traps-are-the-new-abs

The dumbell lawnmowers worked wonders for me. You should try it

Monkey rows help a lot. You get full contractions of trapezius.

I second this. My traps grew like never before when I quit shrugs and other stupid shit and started focusing on big lifts. Deadlifts and cleans made my traps explode!

That`s only like 40kgs per DB.

>tfw trap doms

I-I wanted to dom