What were the most fucked up natural disasters that civilizations has had to deal with?

What were the most fucked up natural disasters that civilizations has had to deal with?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1883_eruption_of_Krakatoa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Germanics and/or Anglos

cool. also pretty sure that the worst one was a vulcanic eruption, possibly the one in SE asia that went off in the 19th century. can't for the life off me remember anything about it. have fun with yellowstone though!

The Boxing Day tsunami killed well north of 200,000

The Year without a summer, caused by the eruption of the Toba volcano.

Blacks and muslims.

Tambora or Krakatau?

There weren't any civilizations back then but it was probably the most serious global event during the existence of homo-sapiens.

Tambora caused the last major subsistence crisis in the West

Sorry I meant Tambora.

why china can loss so much people and still recover? can be applied for india too?

China has an absurd deathtoll on earthquakes since they build like shit and don't apply anti seismic technology.

The Incas had anti seismic buildings so is not a modern tech

I had never heard about it before and I'm appalled. It actually changed oceanic patterns and even the flow of wind all around the globe. Insane!

We can't even begin to imagine how it must have been to witness it happen.

/pol/ has been telling me that yellowstone is going to erupt every week for the last 5 years.

>TEN quakes in ONE DAY!!!

But that's not geologically relevant

That doesn't mean it won't erupt the week that it does.

Poor as shit farmers won't be building anti seismic buildings
Most of the deaths come from crop destruction in the aftermath

I hope it doesn't.

An eruption by Yellowstone would dwarf every other in the last few million years, it would be apocalyptic for humanity.

the arrival of the white man to america

It is. Even when the lesser eruption of Krakatowa (sp?) happened it ruptured the eardrum of sailors from over 30 miles away.

Tabloid readers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1883_eruption_of_Krakatoa

Yeah it fucked up global weather patterns for years.