Meta thread: Rules of Veeky Forums

Should the rules of Veeky Forums be revised?
Veeky Forums is a Fitness board, but other topics that aren't explicitly Veeky Forums related are often discussed here e.g. sexual health and tfwnogf (among others). These kinds of threads spawn often and get a high participation rate but are summarily removed by the mods.

Should board rules be revised to allow threads that are not closely Veeky Forums related? If so, what extent?
Discuss.

Veeky Forums was infinitely better when board culture was allowed to flourish until the mods became turbo autistic

What needs to be banned are generals, which ruin a boards ecosystem.

meta threads should be banned

>ban sip-posters

generals happen no matter what when there is high traffic or simply a topic that is so common in grabbing people's interest that it won't go away

ban generals and you end up with 14 threads that could all have been mashed into one without losing anything. do you really want 10 threads up at any given time about powerlifting, roids, being fat, hating fat people, and bodyweight workouts each?
generals suck, but they clear space and are very easy to hide due to always having the same names.

Hell no. Veeky Forums was a cesspool of feels posting (15 of them in the catalogue at any given time), girlfriend advise, retards on drugs making threads about themselves, "rate me" posts, random std discussions, and "help me bros I've got nowhere else to turn because this is my main board"
These threads were all 'cunningly' disguised as "mental health" or other shit.

>Back in the days of old moot was doing a q and a in /soc/, I asked moot to remove the health part of Veeky Forums, and the absolute madman actually did it.

bump

We should get rid of text posts. This is an image board.

ban reddit spacing

Veeky Forums must be destroyed to save it.

We have no appreciated Veeky Forums nor have we given it proper respect for years now. With the passing of both Zyzz and the disappearance of Scoob, it's been nothing but an awful mess since then.

That being said, deleting the board for 9 months should be sufficient initially. When it returns, everyone who posts here will be better for it.

ban sips
Ban boogie
Ban nofap faggotry
Consolidate thicc/test to one thread

That's about it

+1

ban the newfaggot sperging about a non-existent "reddit spacing"

why even forbid certain topics? if you don't like it filter it or hide it

I require more imgur links to nudes

Trips of truth.

Explain.

This board serves no purpose. The sticky and qtddtot are practically all you need. Normalfags are very interested in fitness but their knowledge is insufficient. There's just too many of them which makes this board shit. So their presence manifests itself in all those unrelated threads that clearly don't belong here. Memes are pretty good i'll give you that.

Not the same user but I think he means that the board was a better/more fun place to be when moderation was more relaxed about meme threads, in contrast to the current state where everything that isn't strictly Veeky Forums related is removed

confirmed

No feels threads, no gf threads, these attract the "why lift when ______" fags from /r9k/ and /soc/ which already exist for self pity.
No e-celeb threads.

Wtf is Reddit spacing

Also we need more high test generals for my pumps

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? I know for a fact moderation isn't slightly strict to useless threads, matter of fact the situation is quite the opposite, as someone that hides every non related thread, I can tell for sure they are always the most frequented and most lasting threads in the entire board, I may come up as a salty bitch but I don't bother trolling these threads, saging or report them because it doesn't work. Even when a single comment hasn't been post for a while.
Related threads are that most of the time empty, because people are not interested in serious discussion(even on the occasion they aren't stupid), and are quick to be archived even when the discussion taking place is big.
If anything generals are a way to fight the lack of real content and avoiding useless threads, if his problem are poorly done generals I guess I can understand but that can be solved. If people want unrelated discussion there's plenty of place for it that isn't Veeky Forums

>having 14 sip threads
>Implying there's anything wrong with that

Guess how I know you're a faggot

Each board is a community. Its why people shitpost /int/ or /sp/ stuff on /pol/

The point of unrelated discussion is so that fit people can reflect how their lifestyle effects the other facets of their life and get advice from other people who live similarly.

It's literally the point of any community, you fucking mong

My wish is that a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c related topics remained here like facial/skin care and whatnot
Went in /adv/ and there was literal cuckery there, 90% was about cheating
Fuck that place

rapported

t. SIPS faggot

this

I'm not saying there shouldn't be space for that, I think some dedicated shitposting/free talk/banter threads or anything like that is somewhat mandatory, people aren't machines. However we have reached a point where there's too much and derailing.

You're the same guy from way before, aren't you? I just know it.

Those are paragraphs. They aren't unique to reddit.

>tl;dr mods should allow some off-topic posting but not too much

How long have you been on Veeky Forums? If you want /only/ fitness-related threads then just go to yahoo answers or some shit like that. A huge part of what makes this board good, and this entire website good - is the culture, the memes, the sense of humour. If this board was just all lifting all the time, it would be boring as fuck.

Re sexual health/>tfwnogf, once a upon a time these threads would have been relevant as this board only recently changed from Veeky Forums - *Health* and Fitness.

A few meme threads is good to help the board culture thrive. Obviously if there are 10 nogf threads then the mods should step in, but in general these threads ought to be allowed because they relate to the lifestyle of the people on this board. So stuff like sexual health, SOME tfwnogf, Tinder, greentext, nofap etc. I think should all be allowed to a reasonable degree. Sips threads can fuck right off though since they're nothing but shitposting.

The other week there was a great thread about cringe/autism stories where anons were posting about social fuck-ups - despite having over 200 replies on Veeky Forums, mods moved it to /r9k/ which pretty much killed the thread. Instead of greentext stories it turned into whining and 'normies get out'.

I think that says a lot about board culture - a cringe thread on Veeky Forums is totally different from a cringe thread on /r9k/, and the thread is more enjoyable here because the board culture is different. So banning threads x, y, and z because they're off topic just stifles the culture.

read

I'm so sick of so many threads being derailed by some /pol/tards. happens so much now.

I'm the guy that believes in discussing fit lifestyle.
I know that it's going to be rife for shitposting, but there are enough serious threads that I don't believe this next suggestion will be hurt the community.
I suggest allowing 5 "Fit People That" threads a day for lifestyle discussion. I think that setting a thread ceiling will drive up the quality of discussion while keeping it somewhat serious (you'll probably have 2-3 goof threads out of the 5).

Example threads
>Fit people that watch anime, what do you watch
>Fit people that have other hobbies, what you do
>Fit people that meal prep, tell me some shit
>Fit people that listen to podcasts, who's interesting and what are they about

Etc.

"Fit people that" is cringy. I think "Cultural enFitment" would be better since it's the root of what we're doing. You get the idea

>The other week there was a great thread about cringe/autism stories where anons were posting about social fuck-ups - despite having over 200 replies on Veeky Forums, mods moved it to /r9k/ which pretty much killed the thread. Instead of greentext stories it turned into whining and 'normies get out'.
can you post the thread id? I missed that thread it seems.

fuck off

That isn't really the point of the discussion, but I understand where you are coming from.

A board's purpose is for discussion of that particular hobby and for those hobbyists to discuss other things together.
This allows separate communities to form, you can find music threads on Veeky Forums, /v/, and /a/ even though they technically should be on /mu/.
It's not as simple as say "go to /mu/ faggot" because these threads are very different in both their culture and the content posted.
It's a place to hang out with your Veeky Forums bros, if off-topic threads were banned you would just have a slower board with less culture.

I do have two suggestions though, we should tone it down on generals, not get rid of them but do them less often. It homogenizes thread structure and makes things predictable, it's hard to describe but it's the reason I don't go to FH general or bodyweight general.
They have a certain structure to them, they are predictable and would benefit by maybe be only made every weekend so more content can be posted.

But seriously if we could limit the amount of /pol/ threads that would be fantastic. If a thread obviously wants to bait people into just talking about how going to the gym 3-5 days a week makes you better than any other race or whatever that's fine, a lot of time I go in them myself for shitposting. But there needs to be a limit on the amount at a time, not a general but once you're past 3 threads imo you're just /pol/ lite.

This is literally the complete opposite of what's actually happening

This guy gets it
I've come up with enough ideas for threads to not "homogenize" and "makes things predictable", there's more to Veeky Forums content that you would think. FH is cancerous tho.The creation of generals doesn't have to be the death of a Veeky Forums happiness but the quantity of /pol/r9k/b-esque threads is reaching terminal levels.

On a side note: Guys what are FAQs that you wished or think it deserves/needs to be answered on Veeky Forums. I'd like to make a complete list but I can't think of enough questions by myself.

This. I'm posting since 2008 and that's the only place that feels closer than family. No need to kill that feeling because some faggots can't hide threads they're not interested in

Go suck off a nigger, no one needs you on the Nicaraguan palm climbing BBS

/fat is the worst.

Reddit spacing guy is ok he can stay. This board has always had a few autists mixed in. Fat people are just annoying

UPDATE THE STICKY

ban...
THIS

>The point of unrelated discussion is so that fit people can reflect how their lifestyle effects the other facets of their life and get advice from other people who live similarly.

yeah no
realit is more like
>manlet thread #242
>dick size thread #756
>feels thread #543
>tinder thread #112
>youtube e-celeb thread #242
all this shit is pure garbage and cancer

Feel free to leave and use fitness forums

QTDDTOT is the only general that should remain

This is a fitness forum you dumb fuck.

The problem with "___"let threads is there's nothing constructive being done, just arguments about shit that none of us have any control over. There's no real improvement for anyone on any level. Even if there isn't going to be a 100% fitness related discussion the discussion should at MINIMUM be centered around self-improvement of some sort, not self-pity circlejerks.

No. It's an anonymous imageboard with a separate board focused on fitness. It's still part of the imageboard culture, like it ir not

Do you even lift?
Legit question

>image board
That's a type of forum
>focused on fitness
So a fitness forum

I'm not saying everything has to be 100% serious fitness discussion with 0 humor all the time, but the board has skewed towards a bunch of useless stupid shit that belongs on /r9k/. Board culture is fine, but the culture is self eroding into literally a heaping mass of shit.

Height threads have been here forever, but chinlet threads? wristlet threads? dicklet threads? Come on man that's literally just stupid.

This board has become shit since those asian faggots from reddit from /r/asianmsaclunity, /r/hapas started making race baiting threads.

read
But actually fucking read it this time. It is not that long

I've reported so many
>tfw no gf
Threads I can't report anymore because I'm "abusing" it
REEEEEEEE robots get out

I just think we should ban everyone who only puts the first slash in board names. That's how you know they're from reddit.