Did the forbidden fruit represent conscience?

Did the forbidden fruit represent conscience?
Is the story of Adam and Eve secretly about human evolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
youtube.com/watch?v=ErpyH461104
youtube.com/watch?v=apmcmM2jpmM
youtube.com/watch?v=D-2tBzfapLM
youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZZeCDGHJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the knowledge of good and evil brings with it death. it's about humanity becoming self aware of its mortality, which animals lack the capacity for.

exactly

Figurative interpretations are heresy, user.

In the case of genesis, that is exactly the opposite of RCC doctrine.

This.

The consequences of this revelation is the necessity for work; animals don’t really work in the sense of planning and negotiating for the future, since they aren’t capable of comprehending it.

Mankind, when it learned about the concept of the future and of mortality, had to learn sacrifice the present for what lies ahead.

youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

source?

In the Jewish view, it's about being expelled from ancient Judea (their nation)

In the Christian view, it's about man disobeying God and losing God's favor which is why pain exists and why we live less than 100 years

>which animals lack the capacity for.
Proofs?

I thought people in the bible lived for hundreds of years after eve though?

>Did the forbidden fruit represent conscience?
Yes

According to who?

>asking any Christ cuck to produce any kind of evidence to support his claim
Who do you think you're talking to? A man who believes in a magical sky daddy, who floods the world, except for Noah, then commands them to repopulate through incest, isn't one to be prepared with logic.

>Adam eats the fruits of knowledge
>humanity becomes aware
>except for this poster
lmao

>magical sky daddy

This is objectively wrong. Elephants are known to mourn their dead, they’re known to visit the bones of elephants whom they knew before they passed, elephants display emotions of both fear and fascination when they see an elephant skeleton, similar to the way we do. If elephants are capable of comprehending their mortality than other higher capacity animals like chimps and dolphins ought to be able to, as well.

The whole “humans are speshul because we have souls” is pure hogwash, a pig is functionally as capable and intelligent as a three year old, but you don’t see Christians walking around calling pork eaters baby-killers.

Magical sky daddy and his son, who is really him and then also the Holy Spirit who is also the magical sky daddy, but they're not all really the magical sky daddy, just a Trinity of the same being, who is not the same being. Oh, and this also changed depending on which denomination of priest you give money too. Yeah, I may autistic, but at least I'm not retarded enough to believe in religion. By the way, proof still wasn't posted (imagine that)

what about marys magic cunt you cur

>Magical sky daddy
>magical sky daddy
>magical sky daddy
>he thinks Heaven is literally the terrestrial sky

Oh yeah. That too. It's amazing. Out of the estimated 107,602,707,791 Peoole who have ever lived on earth. There is only one person who was able to produce asexually. What an astounding god given miracle Mary was. Or she was a cheating whore and Joesph was a little bitch. That seems much more probable. But hey, I'm just a man who understands logic and probability. I think the word heretic is generally used.

No I don't. I don't think heaven literally exists. What are you talking about? This was your best shot at making yourself sound intelligent?
>Hurrrrr he ackshually thnks god lives in Da clowdes?????
Idiot.

>overcompensation- the post
Sad!

>underachievement- the post
This game isn't even fun.

abandone your false idols of empiricism. And bask in the light of the saint of all things, Lucifer.

An eternity in hell is well worth not having to spend an eternity with Jesus freaks. Hail Satan.

proof that it isn't?

>empiricist literally thinks rationalism is magic

>looks at satanist: hasn't bathed in several days, smells like cheap weed mixed with salad herbs, probably listens to trash metal

the apple represents the knowledge.

no, its a story about birth.

all creation myths share same concepts and their all about the subconscious memories we have of being born.

>the apple represents the knowledge.
Of good and evil specifically. Except Genesis says there's another tree: the tree of life, and that one makes humans immortal.

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 283
>The question about the origins of the world and of man has been the object of many scientific studies which have splendidly enriched our knowledge of the age and dimensions of the cosmos, the development of life-forms and the appearance of man.

youtube.com/watch?v=ErpyH461104
youtube.com/watch?v=apmcmM2jpmM
This is a bad interpretation

i need to find these tree. any ideas about what this could represent?

i think maybe family legacy? like a family tree? your body and soul get passed down to children?

>i think maybe family legacy? like a family tree? your body and soul get passed down to children?
Not bad. I'm still not sure. At first I thought literal family tree, but now I think it's closer to the last half of what you said. Revelations talks about Eden, and it's definitely a spiritual or metaphysical place.

Nigger, it's not like the niggers who wrote the Bible knew that.

>Did the forbidden fruit represent conscience?

The forbidden fruit probably represents the author's knowledge that he's lying and blaspheming God in writing the story contained in the Pentateuch... That there's no way his soul will go any place good after committing such high crimes against the gods and the crown.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-2tBzfapLM

>animals are unaware of their mortality
Holy fuck religiondums are even dumber than i thought

thanks. i realize now i need to have kids.

the great thing about ancient texts with dead authors is that you can retcon and reinterpret the stories as much as you like

in the beginning there was nature. humans natural goal is the continuation of its species.

maybe this Memory is snapping back from the reptilian brain. and so comes out as this poetic form. it sees a tree of life.

Some important notes on the phrase "knowing good and evil."
1. Hebrew doesn't really distinguish between evil and bad, the same way our word "good" can be used in "kindness is good" and "this pizza tastes good." This becomes obvious if you look at how the word evil is used in most Bible translations. Anything unwanted or unpleasant is described as evil, even if it's ultimately just, just as anything desirable or pleasant or high quality is described as good, even if it's ultimately unjust.
2. To "know" a thing means to be familiar with it, the way we say we know a person, not to have some abstract, theoretical understanding of it. Again, this is clear if you look at the way the word is used

Hence "to know good and evil" doesn't mean to have an understanding of ethics, it means to be familiar with joy and suffering. This is why they start to feel shame at their nakedness. It's not like being naked is morally evil; shame is an evil, a bad feeling. So why would Eve want to know evil? Because, according to the serpent, it would make her like God and because she didn't know what it really meant until after she had made her choice. Adam and Eve's prelapsarian existence was innocent and docile, they knew neither pain nor true pleasure. The story's portrayal of the Fall as a bad thing reveals a pessimistic view that life as it exists is worse than a life with neither good things nor bad things

Another interesting thing: the reason for Adam and Eve's banishment is because they have become more like God, as God admits. He counters this by making them mortal, less like him. Specifically, he banishes them so that they don't also eat from the tree of life and live forever. Before the fall, Adam and Eve were immortal, as it's implied they could eat freely from the tree of life (the tree of knowledge was the ONLY forbidden tree). But God has to maintain the distance between man and himself. He can tolerate knowing humans or immortal humans, but not humans who are both

youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZZeCDGHJE

Sounds like God doesn't love his children as much as Christians like to believe. Any benevolent higher power would wish for his 'children' to succeed. No good father hopes their children fail, yet God actively took steps to ensure we would never become as successful as he is. That sounds very selfish and no man should worship someone who perpetuated their failure.