What is the best martial art for every day life?

What is the best martial art for every day life?
I'm not looking to beat people up, I'm not a very aggressive person at all, in fact I've never been in what you would consider a real fight.

Thing is, I know if I got in a real fight I'd probably be shitting myself even tho I'm 191 cm (6'3) and not too skinny, I'd love to pick up a martial art just so I can be confident talking back to some asshole instead of being afraid he might fuck me up.

A plus would also a be a martial art that makes me train correctly many different muscle groups so I can incorporate it into my currently quite lacking workout routine.

Pic not too related, I just think Muay Thai looks fucking cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4
youtube.com/watch?v=bOcl7JVJsh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If self confidence is what you look for, any martial art with sparring.
>a martial art that makes me train correctly many different muscle groups
Every martial art will work every major muscle group. Just don't expect to put that much mass. Most you'll do is endurance training.

Boxing is fun and has won me a few scraps.

Yeah, people actually lose SOME mass but are more well conditioned, it's more about the "technique."

Yeah a friend of mine boxed for a few years and recommended it to me. Thing is, I feel like it's a bit limiting as it only focuses with what you can do with your fists, which I'm not saying is not going to be enough to defend yourself from some random douche, just that maybe a full body martial art might be better for this purpose.

The only way to get better at fighting is to fight. Boxing is the only remotely useful martial art for "real life" fighting.

Most are good.

Boxing if you want to dodge their swing and counter hard and fast. Most fights start with punches being thrown.

Kickboxing/muay Thai is good for the kicks, if somebody is messing with you they aren't going to expect a roundhouse kick to the side of the head. And once they are on the receiving end of one they'll quickly re evaluate their decisions.

Judo has good throws, not really the best for dealing damage but it's based around using the opponents weight and momentum against them. A guy comes at you he'll get swiftly thrown on the floor, probably get up, then you'll throw him again, he'll lose motivation and energy soon enough.

Brazilian jiu-jitsu is best for ground game, majority of fights that go on for more than a couple of minutes end up as a grappling match on the floor, and usually whoever is on top does a bit of ground and pound for the win. Bjj makes it so even if you're on your back with them sat on your chest you'll be dangerous. Couple of small movements and you'll be able to choke them out or snap their arm with minimal effort before they know what's hit them.

Honestly there's no martial art that is perfectly well rounded.
You'll have to take a couple classes in different sports.
My gym has boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, and must thai.
I paid for the membership and have full access to all classes. It was a good gym most aren't like that.
So I was learning boxing and jiu jitsu. I also dabbled in muay thai.
The thing about boxing is it's hands down the best when it comes to head movement.
I've sparred in muay thai a few times at that gym. Muay thai guys' heads are sitting ducks.
Once I got a hang of handling leg kicks and body teeps, i was boxing circles around these guys.

What about something like wing chun?

Muay thai dude.

It build spirit too.
It get you used to trade blow, some stand up wrestle and a kind of stubborn attitude aginst being hit

Also it's top when it comes to fun

Don't learn a meme.
You'll get crushed by an amateur boxer or former highschool wrestler or even a jiu jitsu nerd.

Filipino martial arts.

They teach you how to fight against knives, and teach you how to shank and eye gouge.

Yeah well someone that does 300 bw squats 5 times a week won't have the same legs as someone that does 5x5 heavy ass squats 2 times a week.
Indeed, it's all about the technique and endurance.
I've done boxing and kickboxing. You'd be surprised at how solid a good boxer can be.
Sometimes in my kickboxing classes, we had some directed sparring, where one was only allowed his punches, while the other was free.
You'd be surprised at how not that much of a problem it can be to only have punches in that scenario.
The most important thing in a fight is spatial awareness and knowing how to hit. Be it with punches or kicks, it's all the same.
Just take one that looks fun to you. That's all it matters. You'll learn how to fight

Regrettably is full of retards who did three months of wing chun in China and now think they are Yip Man. I wouldn't recommend it unless they actually do sparring (not just chi sao).

enjoy dying or going to prison

Is jet kune do a meme?

Bruce Lee practiced Kung Fu for like 6 months so yes it's a meme.

If you want to spar, judo, wrestling, bjj
If you just want cardio a cute butt, boxing, Muay Thai,etc.

Lots of people push boxing on here, and it's a noble sport, but join a gym and listen to the heavy bags. Do you want that happening to your face?

It's more of a philosophy of fighting than a real fighting sport/Martial art. Way too broad to do anything worthwile in it.
> Do you want that happening to your face?
Are you retarded ? That's why you wear protection. You won't be hard sparring all week either, and if your opponent is so much better he treats you like a punching bag, then there's a problem with your coach

Dude no need to be afraid, you got gloves and progression and you aren't made of glass.

Try full rules muay thai sparring and came back here telling us that's cardio

I'm a faggot that's losing weight by cutting and 5x5ing at the same time, and I've been thinking about a martial art. Oriental is alright with me. Everyone's recommending muay thai, but are there alternatives?

>Are you retarded ?
No, I don't have early onset dementia.

If your method of getting in shape, and learning to protect yourself dramatically accelerates mental decline (even decades later) you might want to reconsider your program.

Boxing, wrestling, sambo. kick/k-1 you got a gym with some pros or it likely to be some light point stuff.

Orientals are shit

Navy seal on martial arts. Someone that actually knows what he's talking about and not random skinny fat neets.

Summary
1. Concealed carry
2. BJJ
3. Boxing/Muay Thai/wrestling
Power gap
99999. Everything else

youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4

Also dunno your country but in mine I've never met anyone that's openly gay in thai's gym, usually wrestle club are more friendly.

I'm not impling anything, just don't be to flamboyant

Brain problems from boxing only comes from pro fighters with decades of experience and hundreds of pro fights. You're paranoid. That'd be like saying don't lift because you can ruin your joints by squatting 800lbs

Are you a navvy seal on combat zone?

No.

So you don't need this.
YOu just need to not look like a looser if you have to trhow a couple of punch if somone slap your GF's ass

Good thing he recommended boxing and not wing chun then you absolute retard. Neck yourself asap

You stupid ass nigger. The only people who get brain damage are the professionals who fight without headgear, small gloves and have power no amateur has.

Football, hockey, soccer, baseball all give you more brain damage than amateur striking arts.

Stop being such a soccer mom pussy.

>try boxing dodge in real life
>get kneed in the face

Escrima or systema maybe, judging from what I've seen so far; they however mostly make use of your opponents energy, so not really efficient for gains

Which martial art is the best for decking leftists?

bullshido is the bestest of the best

Theyre all the same so just pick one you weeb

Muay thai is referred to as the 'art of 8 limbs' because of its incorporation of elbows knees fists and feet, if you are wanting a full body martial art then its probably the one for you.

Dont get me wrong though, just because it uses 8 'limbs' instead of 2 (boxing), doesn't mean its better, if you are looking at barfight scraps or just street fights, boxing probably has the edge.

The best defense is simply running away and having the sense not to get into shitty situations in the first place.

If you do get into a fight and the law gets involved you'll have a headaches with legal proceedings and costs that eat into your time and savings and a possible criminal record if you end up using 'excessive' force or lose the court battle.

libcuck detected :^)

>he'll get swiftly thrown on the floor, probably get up

If it's a hard concrete/stone floor he won't be getting up.

Enjoy using your boipussy to entertain Jamal in prison when things don't go your way ;^D

Muay Thai is just about the most functional and strictly badass martial arts you can do.
It will make a man out of you, and give you the confidence to walk around knowing you can beat up just about anyone else.
Especially Krav Maga faggots. Those guys have no idea how to actually fight

Where's that /asp/ infograph about picking a martial art?

Whats wrong with Wing Chun if you learn it from a material arts master?

But hes only ever done bjj, so he doesnt really know everything about martial arts.

Sounds like you are looking for self-defence training, not martial arts. Go for Krav Maga, it is the one system I've trained that seems reasonably realistic. The good clubs have a great learning-curve.

Do Miko Kung Fu
its not a meme

fuck bjj and fuck muay thai - you think you could handle these guys? They make everyone else look like pussies

youtube.com/watch?v=bOcl7JVJsh0

If it's a big guy, and he's had a few beers I. Doubt his ego will let him give up so easily. After 2 or 3 throws I imagine he will have had enough.

dubs for phoneposter. Sad!

You're a sharp little fucker I'll give you that.

I'm training muay thai and kinda agree with you, though I haven't been in bar fights or trained boxing. Most fights are fist fight, you often don't have the space or footing to use kicks. Even though they are devastating, a bad kick gets you off balance. Also, you aren't exactly warmed up before a brawl and that makes kicks harder to use. Also, if you want to fight aggressive enough to end a fight your fists are your most important tool. Ellbows and push kicks are GOAT though and worth learning for anyone who wants to have a good stand up fighting

It's not fought competitive. That means 1: it isn't trained for full contact like you'd train to go full contact in other styles and 2: other styles have "learned". That means styles who have been trained and tested competitively in full contact environments have evolved over the years because you could see how you should train and which techniques are fool proof. 3: everyone in wing chun can claim a lineage and effectiveness of their stuff without having been tested while a wrestling or boxing trainer has a record or videos he can show of him fighting full force againt opponents who go full force. You simply don't know what you'll get in a wing chun dojo.

I learned some neat stuff in kung fu but the whole package you get is simply worse for fighting. If you like it better than other stuff and find a place where they spar regularly go for it.