Micro plates necessary?

So in my gym the lowest weight I can access is 1.25kg. 2.5 kg jumps in bench, press etc are a bit tough at this point. Would I be better off manipulating sets and reps or investing in micro plates?

Buy some micros.. 20 bucks on Amazon for good oned

how long do you rest between sets?

1 min typically. If I'm feeling fatigued I'd stretch to a min and a half.

thats too short. if the set was easy rest 90 seconds. if it was difficult rest 3 minutes, you'll replish like 90% of your ATP at 3 minutes and you'll kill your set.

If you fail, rest 5 minutes and try again. don't waste your money on microplates the progression is fine, just rest more and focus on your tempo. Don't go too slow or you'll waste strength and don't go too fast or you'll lose balance of the weight.

Don't bring microplates to the gym

I've bought quite a lot of useless shit through the years related to fitness, but I've never regretted the set of steel microplates I have. They have been great for breaking through plateaus on bench, OHP and even squat. Not needed them for deads, but maybe one day. Got a pair of 0.5kg, 0.25kg and 0.125kg from strength shop for 40 quid. I use them mainly to add 1.25kg each session on the presses, and the same for when I stall on other lifts.

whats your bench, OP?

lifts?

>micro plates
it's like you want micro gains you cuck

Bench is 100kg on the dot, stuck on it for 3 weeks now.

Deads 205kg
Squat 177.5kg
Bench 135kg
OHP 97.5kg

at that level i would try a different routine instead of spending money on micro plates. what's your program?

trips confirm you'll break through, also
>europeans
this thread disgusts me

I had been doing SS with a couple accessory movements. Guess it's time to move on.
Fuck off.

why would anyone buy microplates?
would it not be more effective to drop weight to a comfortable level and do very high volume?

What do you do for 3 mins? I never know, I just sit after walking for a bit and browse Veeky Forums or something but that seems autistic. Then again I usually lift alone at 3-4 am.

try a cycle of candito's 6 week program. helped me break a bench plateau around the same weight. Or even better, greg nuckols bench programs

Micro plates are GOAT
I been training for 8 months now and that seriously helped my bench. I would increase weight every week for 3 reps. Right now I have 190 lbs bench but got sick so I'm maintaining 185 atm.

Personally I think micro plates are better for strength, those numbers add up very quickly and allows you to get to your goal faster then dropping weight. For example doing bench and your stuck at 150, and you want to get to 170 soon. Add micros, you'll be able to do 155 in a week, then 160 and you won't need them till you feel like your close to failure again. I tried what you suggested but micros have helped become stronger more

Just attach two water bottles and adjust weight easily, I'm a fuggin genius

Those aren't microplates you dunce. A microplate is .5 kg. All gyms should have 1.25kg

rly useful for breaking through ohp plateus

micro plates are fucking retarded.
>185-190lb bench
>"i use microplates and look at my awesome results
kys

Bro tip,start using sand for heavier weight in the same bottle. It's a linear progression i call starting sand

Anyone know where I can get microplates in germany?

Just go to an industrial hardware store and get big washers.

What the fuck are you on about? I said that using 1.25kg plates is too big of a jump and should I buy microplates. Some fucking people.

My lowest plates are 2.5kg, so I just add reps when I can't add weight. Not hard.

Are you on a fucking fitness board or are you just another fucking summer child who likes to make fun of shit because you're too retarded to understand why it's used. I hope you fucking die