Ninja Warrior

Can a bunch of Veeky Forums weebs complete a Ninja Warrior course?

Also, how do you prepare for Ninja Warrior?

youtube.com/watch?v=B51vBM2ACBI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zKsPCl0kksc
youtu.be/xYW9g6v7vhE
youtube.com/watch?v=EUW0vSP0ITI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pull ups. that's it

>guy does a pull up
>crowd goes wild
>american "fitness"
isn't your military's fitness standard something like 20 pushups in 30 minutes and a 5km run in an hour

Minimum push ups to pass the PFT as a 18 y/o male is like 40 in two minutes, and a 2 mile run in 16 minutes

The American course is a fucking joke compared to the original.

youtu.be/zKsPCl0kksc

I'd do well until the stuff that requires finger hanging.

Can a bunch of Veeky Forums weebs complete a Ninja Warrior course?
No

>Also, how do you prepare for Ninja Warrior?
1. Do tons of pull ups
2. Minimize your body weight so you won't have to support as much mass on obstacles that require you to hang from your arms
3. Be a manlet, although that kind of goes with #2. If you're too tall, you'll have too much body weight to support on obstacles like the cliffhanger. This is why you only see turbomanlets ever complete the entire course.

If you're able to get the jump down it doesn't look that bad tbqh

In the army its like 42 pushups in 2min, 53 situps in 2 min, 2 mile run in 15:56 or less

Americans are such a fucking joke. No wonder your military is so awful compared to developed countries.

wasn't the first guy who finished some tall rock climber? seems like reach helps a lot on some of the obstacles.

People fail all the time too. If someone were to do exactly that on a test they would have a 180/300 which is the bare minimum. I once had a new private who had a 137/300 on his first PT test out of basic training/AIT. I think the standards are higher in the marines and navy though.

I can only imagine some dyel whos been training for 3 monhs managed to be able to do 5 pullups thinking the ninja warrior course is easy

protip 99.999% of the people here wouldnt be able to complete the course. If you dont believe me go climb some monkey bars youll see how stiff you really are

it not only requires a good relative strength but you also need to be mobile, agile and have good dexterity in your arms

The best competitors tend to be those with good and long athletic background. Lots of flexibility, explosiveness, good body-space comprehension etc.

You can't really get the same athletic skills if you start as an adult

FPBP

Obviously someone that can do only 5 pullups is weak as shit. Someone that can do 20+ pullups should be able to do nearly all of the obstacles though.

lol ok

>implying I'm wrong

Marines have to do hella pull-ups tho

Nah. The only people who have ever completed the course on both the Japanese and American versions have all been manlets.

If you look to average, it wont matter if you win the qualifier, you wont be seen again. Happened to a pizza guy. He blasted through round one, was never heard from again.

I can do multiple sets of 20 pullups. Some of the obstacles might be hard though, gripping with fingers etc. I'd like to give the course a try though.

most of the good people had either gymnastic or rock climbing background. upper body strength, centre of gravity control, flexibility, swinging skill, jumping, balance, spatial awareness, amazing grip - youll need those
fitness isnt only strength

How come the military doesn't adopt some kind of "fat division" for Americans? Meaning they have an introductory military thing where they teach proper nutrition and fitness to fatasses to bring them into the fold, then bring them into basic training once they reach a certain threshold? Package with something like mandatory military service for a certain number of years or months if you enlist in their fatty division, and turn those fat fucks and NEETs with no hope left into actual soldiers?

>protip 99.999% of the people here wouldnt be able to complete the course
Given unlimited tries I think I could, would still take weeks/months but the sudden death rule is what gets you.

Anyone else applied for Ninja Warrior this season? They're doing tryouts in the UK and I've been accepted into them. My stats aren't impressive and I'm basically skele, but it shows anyone can get far through the process. Been lifting for a year but my lack of eating lets me down.

Height - 5'7
Weight - 60KG

5K time - 20:35
Bench press - 85KG (1RM)
Squad - 70KG (1RM, had a lower back injury so I'm building my squad back up)
Diddly - 110KG (5 x 5)

Lmao that's fucking retarded

Yeah I did it before. It's not hard, just do a lot of hands only bouldering and climbing over cement walls. make sure you're not fat and you're decently coordinated and you should be alright.

keep in mind the course is designed to make you fail.

You're wrong. If you don't train the movements you will fail right into the water.

no that's actually quite a bit harder. those ledges are less than 3cm. when you're trying to get momentum by swinging and that thing is moving down the amount of friction your hand has is going to be lower. It changes the timing which you didn't have to worry about. when you're forearms are screaming at you this shit matters.

What bozo can't climb the monkey bars?

Is the salmon ladder an actual thing or just a sasuke thing?

t. Ahmed

lots of adults actually. Pick a random woman. chances are she can't. most overweight males can't. People's grip strength relative to their body weight seems to just fall horribly.

UK course is piss m8. You're only going to shame us all.

If I was going to prepare I'd focus on
>dropping bodyweight and getting super lean
>getting to 30 strict pullups in a row
>getting insane grip strength: farmer walks, grippers, plate pinches, dead hangs, etc.
>finding a place to actually do the specific obstacles and practice them
The last one would probably be by far the most important Tbh

Also some sprints and conditioning workouts. The course is pretty long and I'd hate to fail because I was sucking wind

Mac pls go
I think I'm too tall for that

I weighed 260 lbs before doing ninja warrior. I lost weight so I could compete.

Train in a way that mitigates any excuse you could come up with. just figure it out.

I'm serious. These are monkey bars, right? The only place I know with them is a children playground and I can reach these things even when kneeling

>used to watch the original constantly
>when someone is out they are out
>one day watch the American version
>when they are out they can still go through the next round
No wonder people laugh at us

I know you are. Do it with your legs curled into your chest and turn your torso horizontal. your excuses are shit.

>Also, how do you prepare for Ninja Warrior?
The guys who actually finished it (very few) say it's a special strength you can't prpeare for. Re-build the parcour in your backyard and try to beat it, that's the only way.

Anyone who is decently athletic should be able to pass the 1st 2 stages with no problems.

They have this. If you fail your pt test at the end of basic you get sent to fat camp. Fail more than 2 record pt tests you get sent to fat camp. It's 2 weeks of nutrional learning and exercising.

>Diddly - 110KG (5 x 5)
>Diddly
>5 x 5
just why...

oh no muh CNS xDD

This. Stage 3 is the only hard part of the course.

i wonder how many kids he beat up just to take this pic

looks like you need to be a v4 climber and heavy on dynos

>You will never sit down at 6pm every evening to watch Japanese ninja warrior reruns on challenge

Seeing the old all stars age was so sad.
Not as sad as that dude who gave up his job and marriage to train but did shit anyway.

Its heavily biased for smaller atheletes that have rock climbing backgrounds. If you're short, weigh less then 150 lbs and are at least a v4 climber, you're already ahead of the curve. Squats deadlift and bench are compleltely useless here and the added bulk will gas you out and make all of your pull ups 2 x harder.

Fitness is situational. The ninja warrior winners would get murdered on a rugby course or in an MMA ring. Being good at ninja warrior just proves you're good at ninja warrior.

ahh this guy knows wahts up

i forgot to mention also being able to campus board

My favorite was the gas station employee

>ninja warrior
>squat
>diddy

I don't think you have any idea what you're doing

>guarantees replies

Same man. Nagano and Takeda were absolute bros too.

youtu.be/xYW9g6v7vhE
>tfw the winner is American

apparently the best size to be for ninja warrior is 5'6" 150lbs. those would be for the original i believe.

i could never wrap my head around the fittest people in Japan being Gas Station attendants. think the others made more sense, firefighters and fishermen.

>beating them in their own game

how is drew so based?i'm expecting him to be last man standing in both sasuke and ANW this year

>fails the obstacle immediately after

youtube.com/watch?v=EUW0vSP0ITI
Sad!