Stuck at 2 pl8 bench

Hey Veeky Forums, just recently started and have had like 40 kg progress in the matter of 2 months. I'm stuck at 100 kg and can't get higher up for some reason. I think it's a mental barrier, what should I do??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wKhI-O4HI8M
youtube.com/watch?v=4QcESCtiz1M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Focus on form and just start adding micro weights.

Also wouldn't hurt doing some endurance with dumbbell incline/flat/decline depending on your current endurance level in one session.

Make sure your also hitting your squats and dead lifts hard as as soon as you get to 1/2/3/4 you are not just training your muscles to move that weight, but your entire CNS to handle the stress your putting on it.

Get 8hrs sleep, eat for you goals, make sure you get proper rest and not physical, but mental as well; etc...

im at a boarding school where i basically get fed shit

Congrats, you have ventured past the initial noob strength gains phase and are now at an intermediate level. You'll have to program more carefully now, and listen to . Look up bench variations/accessories too, you will have to add in stuff that complements your bench

just out of curiosity how good is it to progress 40 kg in 2 months? i know im still at noob level and getting noob gains jsut wondering tho

Very good, normally would be concerned about your form if you already doing that weight. Still just make sure you can save up for some whey protein mix it in some water if your on a budget. It's cheaper than you think in bulk. Keep at it man.

I could probably eat my brotein with water just tastes like shit. My form is fairly close gripped and I don't lay flat on back, dont retract my shoulders cause I have no hecking idea how

and nice tripulettes

Its the same as if your doing a seated row. Squeeze your shoulder blades back like like would would at the end of a row pull back. This should round out your chest and provide a more stable base as you continue to push more weight. Also in this position, you should be moving the bar down with you arms at 45°s moving the bar towards your sternum. But then when you push towards the top the bar should roughly be at eye level. This should keep you benching for a long time by reducing chance of injury and improving overall stability in your chest and back. No point in hitting higher numbers if you injury yourself.

youtu.be/wKhI-O4HI8M
When in doubt youtube. Plenty of material on here to go through for good form.

I do the 45 degree angle thing, will try taking your advice next time im benching :)

Idk man, i kinda like to take advice from people who know what theyre talking about, not some random run of the mill edgy neckbeard fagot.

for shoulders stand up straight and bring your shoulder blades together tightly. now do that lying down.

keep your ass on the bench no matter what. a small arch in your back is ok.

the bar should hit the same spot within an inch or three below your nipples every single time.

the fact that this confuses you indicates you're wildly over thinking it and it's probably just a mental hurdle. 2 months in is way too early for a plateau

spongebob?

you need to eat a lot more

Drop the weight down and build strength with higher volume. Add weight regularly. When the higher volume gets too heavy to recover from, drop the volume slightly and continue raising the weight. Rinse and repeat.

Basic programming man.

Doesnt matter what you do if youre not at a caloric surplus.

There are 3 major muscle groups involved in the bench.
The posterior deltoid, the long head of the tricep and the pectoralis major i believe the clavicular head depending of your technique and grip stance get the heavier load but, you know some people tend to squeeze with flared elbows so thats the sternal head of the pectoralis.
Anyway, you have to make those 3 stronger by doing accesory workouts, hit those very specific muscles, not just google delt workout and tricep workout, look up for LONG HEAD and POSTERIOR DELTOID etc etc. thats a real reason to truly isolate.
youtube.com/watch?v=4QcESCtiz1M

Practice the technique from 20% your max to 80%, something like 1x10@40mx, 1x8@50mx, 1x6@60, 1x4@70, 4x3@80.
And always remember weighted dips like the ones you can see at the end of the "reppin 500 ""naturally"" with CT Fletcher" video are golden to hit the tri and the delt AND the clavicular head of the pectoralis.

And dont listen to this fagot.

>3 inches below the nipple

What are you trying to prove here? that an idiot can pop out his shoulder following stupid shit on the webs?

Stuck on 1pl8 for a year now. Should I actually kill myself?

t. dyel

Anybody had any gains from landmine pressing?

>3 inches below the nipple
>somehow wrong

Baby's first bench?