I just had an argument on /sp/. Apparently theres an urban legend that wilt could bench 500+ lbs...

I just had an argument on /sp/. Apparently theres an urban legend that wilt could bench 500+ lbs. Please reassure me thats impossible for this lanklet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STXbuXGPdoY
youtube.com/watch?v=2rwn2UvPsTM
youtube.com/watch?v=bU43dTuMuig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably a half rep with his buddies "spotting" (aka upright rowing)

Idk who that is but it is not physically possible for the human in that pic to bench 500, no.

youtube.com/watch?v=STXbuXGPdoY

a half rep is like normal rom though

No it isn't.
ROM is always relative to the person.
Otherwise we could just call a midget's deadlift the standard and all pull 1000lbs

you took a picture of him as a teenager.

Jesus Christ

but how many of these are just stories and not things that actually happened?

he was a top tier athlete and was 275 in his late teens and over 300 pounds in his 20s and 30s its not that unbelievable ben wallace could bench damn near 500.

see his arm is about the same size as arnie's, and he's a professional athlete. I've seen scrawny basketball players give a 1rm that rivals the powerlifters of a similar weight.

Wilt Chamberlain was a once in a millennium combination of physical prowess and sociopathic determination. Imagine Shaquille O'Neal with the mindset of Kobe Bryant. Wilt was a 330 pound behemoth that took excellent care of his body. He played professional volleyball well into his 50s, and kept up a fitness regimen that athletes half his age probably couldn't do. The closest we've come to seeing a physical marvel like Chamberlain is LeBron James, and LeBron isn't nearly the gym rat that Chamberlain was. Wilt was on a different level entirely.

Yes, they're close in size but overall he looks like a skinny nigger which he is.

Being a professional athlete doesn't mean shit, that's like saying Bolt could be the best football player just because he's good at sprinting.

I've seen aliens landing on my rooftop and fucking your mom, where's the evidence?

His arms would snap with 250lbs, everybody can lift 10000000 pounds till they're asked for proof (such as a video).

you're a really dumb cunt.

>tfw no matter what happens in life you'll never be as retarded as this user
Feels good.

Any NBA players/championships/accomplishments/records before the NBA-ABA merger are completely irrelevant.
A lot of Wilt's opponents were literally 6' part-time accountants. And Wilt was just a tall stat-padder
Even Deandre Jordan would outperform Wilt in every way if he played back then

what the fuck does that have to do with his bench

>6' part time accountants
Wilt came into the league at 250 pounds. He went up to about 310 at the end of his career. He played against athletes including (but not limited to):

Walter Dukes (7'0", 220 lbs.)
Swede Halbrook (7'3, 235 lbs.)
Tom Boerwinkle (7'0", 265 lbs.)
Bob Lanier (6'11", 265 lbs.)
Darrall Imhoff (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Otto Moore (6'11", 210 lbs.)
Sam Lacey (6'10", 235 lbs.)
George Johnson (6'11", 245 lbs.)
Paul Ruffner (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Dick Cunningham (6'10", 245 lbs.)
Walt Bellamy (6'11", 255 lbs.)
Leroy Ellis (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Nate Thurmond (6'11", 255 lbs.)
Mel Counts (7'0", 265 lbs.)
Nate Bowman (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Clyde Lee (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Walt Wesley (6'11", 230 lbs.)
Henry Akin (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Hank Finkel (7'0", 240 lbs.)
Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (7'2", 255 lbs.)
Neal Walk (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Elmore Smith (7'0", 250 lbs.)
Jim McDaniels (6'11", 230 lbs.)
LaRue Martin (6'11", 215 lbs.)
Tom Riker (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Conrad Dierking (6'9", 225 lbs.)
Johnny “Red” Kerr (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Bob Pettit (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Spencer Haywood (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Rick Roberson (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Luke Jackson (6'9", 240 lbs.)
Duke Hogue (6'9," 240 lbs.)
Zelmo Beaty (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Len Chappell (6'9", 240 lbs.)
Elvin Hayes (6'9", 245 lbs.)
Hub Reed (6'9", 220 lbs.)

Wilt chamberlain

>his arm is about the same size as arnie's, and he's a professional athlete. I've seen scrawny basketball players give a 1rm that rivals the powerlifters of a similar weight
No you havnt

Not only was that retarded but it was completely off topic. Take this (You) out of pity

massive amounts of roids and no testing.
pulling 250lbs with one arm is easily done(you do that shit in military, too), but do you want to tell me that a guy was doing delt raises with 250lbs in each hand? bullshit

Doubtful given his body dimensions.

What would you say his biceps measurement was? I'd say about 20-21 inches easily.

There's a vid of Shaq failing to lift 4 plates. 500 lbs for a 7' height is straight up bullshit.

If you're implying that prime Shaq couldn't bench 4 plate then you're plain retarded. The vid you're talking about is retired Shaq who was very clearly not taking care of his body.

what the fuck are you even trying to say here

Yea sure, post proofs.

>I've seen scrawny basketball players give a 1rm that rivals the powerlifters of a similar weight.

wrong

nigger was delt raising 2 adult males and hitting each other with their bodies.

>benches 500lbs
>still looks like an Auschwitz escapee

lanklets leave

>all these retards ITT that don't think 7 foot+ professional athletes were strong
lmao

>believing negro hear-says without proofs

lol, we wuz super strong and shieeet but nobody has seen it cuz da white man keepin us down

it's on the same level as oldschool strongman lies

>believes in urban legends
How fucking retarded are you?

I said that I don't believe that shit.
it's like the old time strongman who lift 1500lbs over their heads.

I heard wilt chamberlain was deadlifting 1000 pounds with 1 arm despite never EVER having been remotely big (proportionately speaking) for his height

seems legit. With his arm span he probably struggled with half the weight claimed for a single

Holy fuck arnold is trolling here. Even I can bang out 5 sets of 15 reps @ 200 lbs on tricep extensions. Come to think of it, I've always maxed out every stack on any tricep extension machine.

Oh, ok then. WE WUZ DEY STRONGEST N SHIIIEETT

Usain Bolt would be a phenomenal football player.

Arnie confirmed that Wilt was outlifting bodybuilders who had been lifting their entire life. Wilt was a fucking freak who took on a fake identity as a 16 year old so he could play in the NBA and still fucking schooled his competition.

Not saying he did it but all I'm saying it that I wouldn't be fucking surprised if he did.

Yea, except there's no proof.

idk about that, he doesn't have that much endurance and we don know how good he is with the ball since he runs in a line all the time

so, he's like me then :DDD

Back to r/nba faggot

>machine
Overhead extensions, lad.

>of similar weight
That was his point. Being tall and looking like you're skinny doesn't mean you don't have muscle. Basketball players are usually tall

ITT people who don't realise how much of a once in a generation marvel of an athlete wilt was

fucker still renaged on the granny shot because of peer pressure after shooting arguably the greatest free throw game ever conceived but nobody's perfect.

Theres a difference in strong and benching 500 lbs

I could see him bench 500lbs. People don't realize how fucking huge he would be if he was short. He's strong as fuck

have a (you) for the effort

I'd give him about 21, sure.

>what are leverages

as some other user said, are those r/nba low IQ LARPers on the loose? At his height he wasn't even heavy

Reminder thats the guy that made nba change a lot of rules beacuse how dominant he was, he was catching shots mid air and average 50 fucking points per game all season long, hes also the one to score 100 points and all he really did was dunk in your motherfucking face

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwn2UvPsTM

do not fuck with

Youre a fucking idiot. If youre taller youd have to be heavier. By being of similar weight youre literally at a disadvantage

nobody cares, go back to /sp/

this guy couldn't bench more than his bodyweight

exactly, same weight on 6'3 and 5'9 guy, 5'9 guy can be fat when 6'3 is skinny with that kind of weight

Bolt has a 4.6 40 which is average and is a skelly compared to most wrs. Hed be trash

Didn't he fuck like 1000 women too?

Kek

he also has over 300 confirmed kills as a navy seal

youtube.com/watch?v=bU43dTuMuig

and that little guy is a beast of shaq o'neal

chamberlain would rip your hand out of socket manlet

1000 is probably the realistic number. A friend of his claimed 20000 and Wilt fully embraced that part of his mythos.

So we both agree youre wrong? Ok cool i guess

>Shaq saunters up and puts his hand out expecting a friendly handshake
>Chamberlain sharply Yanks him and pulls him close
Yeah no shit it'll look like that. You try having someone randomly yank you when you aren't expecting it.

this was magic jonhson who fucked about 1000 womans in his career and ended with hiv and was sued multiple times for being a father of some kiddo

learn to biomechanics retard

why do sport fans always have to do retarded fan fiction with their idols; try lifting yourself

now go back to /sp/

im going to bet you wouldnt be able to yank and pull shaq even when trying hard

>t. been lifting for a few months

tfw im plg fag and he speaks to me like he knows about lifting real weights

lmao

almost a decade actually

that guy has never benched shit, he was fucking small for his height

stop doing this retarded fanfiction

>that expression on shaq's face
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

>almost a decade
Prove it.

t. has done SS for 3 months and is now a "plg-fag"

shut it nonlifter, go back to your fanfiction safespace

this will never not be funny, thanks for the mild kek

Why would I need to prove anything? I'm not the one doing outrageous claims without any proofs and with all biomechanics of that lanklet athlete speaking against it.

tinytrip, tuna, harsh and other autists would be some hint, but they are from the ~10' era on here

Post legs manlet

That's hilarious.

Mirin

>mediocre legs
>those dyel stick arms

stop embarassing yourself m8, and while you're at it stop fapping to some dead negro that has never benched more than 250 given his arm span and low relative bodyweight to height

>complains about sports "fanfiction"
>lives in his own fanfiction world about his life
lmao. Run along, little autist.
>rattling off some old tripfag names means you've been lifting for a decade
What a fucking dumbass.

I too read the Veeky Forums page of 4chanology.

I'm not the low IQ sports-watching autists that makes up fake stats for his dead idol though

no photo of your legs i see

I've been active here since 09' buddyboyo

>resorts to namecalling and projecting
lmao!

Prove it.

>makes up fake stats based on myths and expects people not to call out obvious bullshit

stop posting lad. You got your answer, Chamberlain NEVER ever benched more than half of what is claimed in his life given his low relative amount of muscle mass and wingspan

>lifts over decade
>250lbs is a lot for him

The only obvious bullshit here is you claiming to have lifted at all in your life. Run along, troll.

how would I prove that? I had some tripfag posts on the old archive but that is gone too

I'm the OP from the >legs as big as you tinytrip meme picture, i think that was around early 11'

did i ever say it's a lot? Lmao, I'm saying that your beloved athlete couldn't do more than that Maybe a struggling 300 rep which would be bodyweight (still fucking small at his height)

Embarassing

go back to /sp/ nonlifter, this is a fitness board in case you haven't noticed. Maybe they'll believe your BS claims

You mean you can't prove it? That sucks. Maybe you should stop living in your fanfiction land and kill yourself.

Just go back to /sp/ lad

Prove that I'm from /sp/.

lel btfo

you believe that lanklet chamberlain could bench anything close to the claimed numbers, hence showing your lack of experience with weight training. Might just be any other unrelated shitposting board though, as the /tv/ meme from previous post suggests. Still 28 posters btw, wew lad

Claims like the one in the OP are on the same level as the really old school strongman claims where some supposed giant lifts a few tons

It's easy:
If someone can bench press 500 lbs, he would look like he can bench press 500 lbs. You don't look like this and bench that amount, it's basically a legend from the same people that told every time that 50 kg Bruce Lee was able to lift heavy weights, so people without understanding that strength = size in 99% of all cases.

That has absolutely nothing to do with me being from /sp/.
>rambles on about shitposting
Ironic.