Boxing conditioning

Hey Veeky Forums, I've been doing boxing training ar home for 5 to 6 days a week. Getting 6 to 10 rounds of shadowboxing for technique and endurance. Heavy bag 4 to 6 rounds for endurance, speed, and technique, and power. 3 rounds of double ended bag. I have no jump rope so i do a round of jumping jacks.

Here's the problem: my body always does worse the next day and my body runs out of energy faster too.

Amatuers do at least an hour 6 times a week. How can i get to the same level endurance wise?

Go to a boxing gym. Learning at home does not compare to actual sparring.

Cardio is king especially if you have no energy to train. Time to do some roadwork and put in those miles.

I'm an Amateur in arguable on of the best gyms in Glasgow and we do maybe 4 days a week, Many don't even show up for all 4. Each are 2 hour long sessions.

Try this Finding someone to practice with would probably help even more as well

Get the fuck out of here Charlie Z. We saw what happens when you face a real boxer

Charlie Z knocked out the current WBC heavyweight champion of the world.

What the fuck have you done?

Wait but let me understand. More running? Less hours? And sparring?

Shit. An actual gym it is then. I was hoping solo training could at least prepare me for 12 rounds, assuming i dont get knocked out because i never sparred.

Solo training is dumb.

You will develop bad technique and have no one there to monitor and correct your mistakes.

Go to an actual gym. I wouldn't just jump into a 12 round fight with no training, you need to spar. The gym will surely offer that if it isn't trash.

Yes more running and go to a gym.

Like this guy said solo training is going to make you develop bad habits. Believe me I did TKD in high school and learned a little boxing with a friend.

Got to an actual gym and my cardio was already great but I sparred a few months in and got gassed from missing punches.

Learned a lot from that single round of sparring than months of training on my own. Your feet get you to where you are going so don't throw punches when not in range.

Boxing was great when I did it definitely recommend everyone at least try it. Good luck and have fun.

Legit disappointed. I didn't think I was THAT bad and I try to follow the basics in front of the mirror. Been at it for 2 years now..

But I guess I'll never know till I get punched in the face.

Can't learn to swim without water. Just make sure to listen to coaches advice and don't go in thinking you are pro.

You'll spar in time but avoid the idiots who spar hard. You are there to learn and improve not decapitate someone.

Which Gym? Just moved to Glasgow

Do NOT start sparring immediately. It is the sign of a shitty gym. Do NOT let anyone talk you into getting in the ring with them early. Be very careful when dealing with these people. They know most people don't last.

Could you explain why please? I thought shitty gyms were the ones that didn't let you spar or spar a few times a year.

A shitty gym can take lots of forms

Some people get a kick out of pummeling scrubs

Which gym? Used to do boxing at Glasgow uni (has a great gym) and always wondered what boxing gyms were around there.

can i do boxing without roadwork. i hate running. i just wnat to do jump rope. is that ok

Jump rope is amazing cardio no doubt. Don't short change yourself and do some roadwork too.

Roadwork is the most important workout in boxing you shouldn't skip it

while we're all here

how important are body weight exercises for boxing/fighting?

will i get an edge ?

Modern boxers still do that? I thought it was just for poorfags.