What does Veeky Forums think of Alan Thrall...

What does Veeky Forums think of Alan Thrall? I feel like he has some of the best advice on youtube regarding compound exercises. He does look like a hobo but he seems like a chill bro.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GVQvFKyDA74
youtube.com/watch?v=s9Tcj0YK5zM
youtube.com/watch?v=SsT_go-oCcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5rY_beDLY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

has some good recipes too

His bench is awful.

Has a few good videos about squat and deadlift. Almost everything else is very average to bad. Dude looks like shit, needs to at least trim his awful beard and isn't as strong as you would expect.
Meme youtuber

I think his videos on form are great. Succint, has all the basics, very informative and somewhat cringy. Even tho his lifts are not very good it's not bad either.

>3pl8 is bad

good guy, beginner tier

literally nothing wrong with that

now, who do you watch for intermediate/pro knowledge?

inb4 powerliftingtowin

Brian Alsruhe channel is GOAT

This guy knows what's up

>replying to everyone for no reason
kill yourself

His info is very very useful if you're starting out but I wouldn't listen to him past the novice stage 2bh.

he's a good example of what happens when you drink the rippetard kool aid and continue drinking it well into your intermediate career

you end up benching 275 and looking like shit after a decade

it's piss

Seems like a great dude, has solid advice. He's literally T-rex mode, though.

He's a walking starting strength audiobook with a hipster beard and exaggerated persona to appeal to people online.

He looks like he stinks of shit

He has some useful videos. he has helped me improve my form on my squats and deadlifts.

This guy hit it right on the head.

bad for a fat professional strength trainer

He's not THAT fat. His squat is pretty good, albeit with wraps.

really though why is his chest/bench so bad. it's not like he has no idea what he's doing. just genetics?

Wasn't he competing in strongman previously? I don't think bench is of much importance there.

I think it's just genetics. The dude really seems like he knows his shit and he has a pretty knowledgeable entourage.

He's a long-term victim of Rippetoe. Volume and hypertrophy make a huge difference benching, and Rippetoe is terrified of both.

He's good if you don't mind him claiming to be natty

For the longest time he only competed in strongman, AND he's so natty it hurts, which means that he needed much higher bench frequency than he got to improve.
He's pretty good at OHP/Push press as well as general strongman movements, but those don't translate that well into benching.

You always have to skip through parts of his videos to get the information

>Volume and hypertrophy make a huge difference benching

This. Same for pressing. I switched to 531 even though I'm not advanced and added 5x5 FSL sets and added 55lbs to my OHP projected max in 3 weeks just because the volume. I was "stalled" at 135lbs on 3x5 type shit. Bench saw similar gains. Volume is the shit for building strength. All low reps do is allow you to peak your current strength.

His videos really helped me with my form. I used to have injuries, then I rethought my forms, and I haven't had any injuries since. I am indebted to this man.

FSL?

youtube.com/watch?v=GVQvFKyDA74

radical, thanks

seriously? I did that after a year

Are you still a disciple of ripplefat? If so, you will do that in ten years too.

no, dude. fucked my back up with starting strength.
did juggernaut method 2.0 and broke easily all my pr and gained tons of muscles with less fat.

>with bodyweight more than 100 kg it is

He is weak as fuck, knows nothing about strength training because he is riding Rippetoe's cock.

You left out the natty aspect of it.

>using meme arrows incorrectly

Get out

>farts

Now you using it correctly

the program did not fuck your back up, you fucked your back up. Learn the difference boy

>looks just disgusting
>lifts are poor
>still makes videos teaching people form and cues like a guru
>he himself can't even get into powerlifting because of his numbers at his size
The guy is basically blahino without the ammo desk.

What's really disheartening is that he pulls and benches less than me and I do a literal bro split and I'm underweight.

>riding Rippetoe's cock
>literally said he was on 5/3/1 for longest time

okay for beginner advice.
better than most youtube channels.

he doesn't really know what he's talking about, which shows on his deadlift and squat videos.

He's a rippetoe shill now

I like how he get straight to the point. Old as fuck though so his jokes are sometimes pretty meh

>best advice

>fat
>only squats 4 pl8
>shitload of chalk for a fucking squart

He squatted over 230kg in a meet though.
Still pretty fat and his deadlift is still kinda pathetic but his squat is definitely good.

He did it ass to grass too lmao

He's natty you dumbfuck and he lifts more than you ever will

I like him, he gives good advice.
As a natty he also gives me an idea of how strong can i become without steroids.

what do you guys think of these warmup/mobility routines of his?

youtube.com/watch?v=s9Tcj0YK5zM

youtube.com/watch?v=SsT_go-oCcQ

Good example whats possible with shit genetics lifting over 10 years. He isnt very strong, and looks like shit. I guess his advice is sound, but the reddit humor is unbearable. Also, if you have a shitty beard, dont grow one.
That being said, I can see his appeal to the nerd crowd.

Succinct and to the point. I agree

bump

>static stretches before lifting
DROPPED.

He should just roid, would be healthier than eating like a pig "to gain weight and strength" meme.

it would be better for him to start training.
he always jumps ship, when he stalls on his lifts.

His videos are good for dyels. The content is easily digestible but in a self-gratifying way. And he will throw in memes and his le baus beard so epic. It fucking sucks but there is definitely a market for these individuals and he caters to them.

>He's a long-term victim of Rippetoe.
But he literally just switched to Rippetoe's model within the last few months. His recent videos are explaining why he thinks Starting Strength is the right way to go. He's often bringing up Baraki and why he's changed his ideas over the years to coincide with SS.

youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc

Forgot to mention I did a bunch of Joker sets too. So basically 531, then working up to a 5, 3, 1 rep max (depends on the week) for that lift if I was feeling good on the lift, then 5x5 FSL back offs.

Wtf am I watching? This setup is shit, and so are the biomechanics and cues. Literally garbage.

Watch this instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5rY_beDLY

English isn't this guy's strong suit, but he deadlifts 600+ for reps at 132lbs, and definitely knows the lift in and out.

he looks like total shit

i don't know why people fuck up their bodies only to look like a typical fat fuck
inb4 muh squat numbers

Because legs are SUPER important!!! Idc how much I bench xD

I wish this shit would die. Yeah, there are a lot of idiots that don't train legs, but these morons that neglect their upper body development are just as retarded, if not more retarded than the guys not training legs.

But no, seeking a massive bench, or big arms/shoulders is bro shit man. I'm too busy being a REAL lifter squatting 3x a week.

Rippletitsism is a fucking cult. It makes you feel like you've got some holy grail enlightened info, and squatting your ass off will make your whole body bigger, and doing curls kills your gains.

His videos are good for beginners but they're also too long. Some of the best help I got were from other videos much shorter than his. It's like telling a boxer in between rounds like 15 different things he needs to do and expecting him to do it. Give me a couple cues and let me do the rest.

His problem isn't following Rippetoe. His problem is spending all these years acting like an authority on strength while his fat ass can only squat like double bodyweight.

He squats well over double his bodyweight

Bait.

kek, my sides are gone

>His recent videos are explaining why he thinks Starting Strength is the right way to go
He will never gonna make it.

>benches 275
>looks like complete shit
>eats food on the toilet
Wouldn't follow his advice if my life counted on it.

>has visible abdominals
>fat

is pic related how you're supposed to squat? I never squat that low...is that bad?

It's definitely not good.

his recipes are literally the worst

>Forgot to mention I did a bunch of Joker sets too. So basically 531, then working up to a 5, 3, 1 rep max (depends on the week) for that lift if I was feeling good on the lift, then 5x5 FSL back offs.
Having to add all that shit just shows how much wendler's base program is a fucking abortion that doesn't work worth a fuck

Good thing I didn't use the base then, huh?

Max bench and bodyweight?

so this.... is the power of rippetits

why won't he shave that disgusting beard, fucking hobo

dude squats lmao

How much do YOU bench, 300lb powerlifter?

really good video actually

unbelievably weak for how much he fucking eats and lifts and how long he's been going to the gym on a striclty powerlifting/weightlifting basis

clearly shit tier genetics

good vids though

he looks like he should be so much stronger

I would normally disagree with this but the amount of shit he has to cram into his mouth every day to sustain his average physique and average-poor lifts means I'm inclined to agree with you user

>he's 230lbs
>fatass with no muscles outside his thunder thighs
>his 1 rep max bench is 290lbs
>meanwhile, omar isuf the trannyman is 170lbs and OHP's two plates for reps and 3 plate benches for reps WHILE CUTTING
>MUH BEARD, MUH SQUATS

CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE

omar is a manlet though

He benched 3pl8, not that that's much better but still

His bench is shit, but he did hit 318 at his last meet.

Still god awful for a guy lifting as long as him though.

I like his deep voice.

I notice redneck whites tend to be the whites with deep voices.

pretty sure the dude is all about deadlifts and squats

I honestly don't think he gives a shit about how he looks

He has some impressive glutes, no homo. If he just did more bench press and rows, he'd be all right.

He had a video about benching and he reccomended doing some sort of row before bench to warm up the shoulder, my shoulders would always get sore while benching until I started doing that.

He was fine until he bought into the Rippetoe propaganda. He's a good beginner-tier lifting YouTuber.

You know full well. He is an ugly dude

>that eye area
beyond hope. From womb to tomb, boyos. It was over before he got to kindergarten. Cheap muh beard+WD40 and curl jokes notwithstanding, this guy is the most notorious embodiment of all lookism shitposting come to life

Yeah, there's no real natties on youtube
Not sure even if Candito or Bugenhagen are still natties

the kind of guy who was picked last during PE