/QTDDTOT/ - QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

I'll start:

Can I eat Potato Chips while doing keto or water fasting?

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XGkRDcMeSTY?t=2m44s
fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should i be taking whey every day or only on the three days i work out a week?

What should I do if I fail an exercise during PPL routine? I get that I have to stop doing that exercise and move on for the day, but what do I do the next time I do the same exercise?

Take it everyday your muscles are still rebuilding even on days when not lifting

Should I worry about muscle memory with calisthenics? Is it even possible?

I've never really focused on them because even pushups for example can vary by arm width, speed, previous exercises wearing out muscles and stuff like that but with weights I could just look at the weight.

>SS
One of my knees is bothering me when I go below parallel on squats. No problems on deadlift. I'm going to skip squatting for a week or two and see if it goes away. Whats can I do in place of squat?

less weight and make sure you are keeping up proper form

warm up with light jogging/stretching or squat with no weight. if none of that works, go to a doctor.

no potatoe chips are full of carbs and thats technically breaking fast

t. fasting keto dude

try pork loins instead. Healthy and crunchy

i mean pig skin. My girlfriends retarded and called them pork loins, stuck in my head

I like making protein cakes, purely out of protein powder, stevia and milk or water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. I've noticed that the chocolate flavored protein powder raises MUCH less than the birthday cake flavor. Is there anything that might be causing this? i use the exact same ingredients other than that.

Also how do i stop eating so much protein powder? those cakes are so delicious that i'm blowing a shit ton of money on protein powder and getting less normal food.

Is this a meme?

I'm home for 21 days and I have no local gym to go to. I really need to workout and I have nothing but a pullup bar and 8 pound weights

I don't want to lose my gains bros, I NEED to workout but fuck I need heavy ass weight

What should I do?

Do i have to puck between strength and aesthetics?

Went to the gym for the first time yesterday. Part of the induction involved working out my bf% on one of those machines where you stand in a thing and hold the handles.

How accurate are those things?? because it came back at 28% bf at 260lbs which seems like it would make me a lot more muscular than I am.

Potato chips are about 70% carbs user

There's kind of a fork in the road point for both. You'll notice all the really strong dudes don't look like arnie, they look like fucking cubes.

look up body weight routines, it's not the same but it will help you mantain your gains for a couple weeks

Why do I have no energy or motivation to go to the gym?

Im training to be a fireman so that means
>strong legs
>strong chest and back
>strong cardio

Alright guys, I'm 25 and having sort of mild acne breakout all over my cheeks.

I had mild acne during puberty but it went away.

Is this puberty part II or is my babby beard genetics kicking in?

>Drink a gallon of water a day
>eat nothing but leafy green vegetables and meats. Nothing else.

Potato chips are 99% protein yet still have almost no calories, so they're good for both keto and fasting. My friend did a potato chip fast (5 bags a day) for about five months and lost all of her weight.

Been doing a fullbody workout so far about three times a week, trying to gain muscle. The thing is i get pretty fatigued when it comes to the final exercises and they get pretty lengthy because i like to try to get volume which occasionally is a problem. I most likely would not be considered intermediate because had to start over at one piece because of an injury break, but would it still be okay for me to do an upper lower split for now? So i could get the volume with better time management. Or should i stick to full body since not that advanced or so. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Do you wake up in the morning with boners? If you don't, it's low testosterone.

>sleep
>am kind of dreaming and awake at the same time
>cant breathe
>feel like i suffocate
>since i have this so often i know that i will wake up soon and then be able to breathe again
>gasp for air
>dont know if it was real or a dream but i can remember it everytime i have it
this is since forever as far as i can remember
but what is this? is this reeling fake or am i indeed in need for air in that condition?
i mean ist mostly somewhat of a dream. so i dont know i its real or not

is it dangerous? should i get this checked?

Does your testosterone increase long term as you get stronger or is it only temporary spikes?

What is a safe weight (as percentage of 1RM I guess) to bench without a spotter? I can only go quiet hours in my gym because of my work schedule. I want to get stronk but I don't want to kill myself.

Sorta, but some bodybuilders/aesthetic dudes are really strong. Not insane or competitive strength, but still way more than the average person.

Test spikes during and slightly after a workout but also stays up longer if you have a regular lifting routine.

Fuck 1RM when you're alone. A safe weight is one you can do 5 times MAX.

If you can only do 4 and have to rack it, lower the weight by 10% and increment it by 5 lbs every workout.

>train hard
>started with sl 5x5
>now 5/3/1
can barely squat 112,5 for 2 reps but can ohp 67,5 for 4 reps

is this genetics or what the fuck. almost every dude with my weight and height can squat more than me but rarely those people can even ohp 60kg

And to add it's not really about strength but more about strenuous exercise.

A LOT of people OHP with bad form/grip

I've started bulking up, yesterday I did 2550 kcals and today 3300 kcals.

When will I start to see a difference, or a jump on the scales?

i wash my face with the cheapest piece of sope i found everytime before going to bed and in the morning

since i do this i have super clean Skin

most people say "hurr but your Skin dries out" well it doesnt in my case

maybe it works for you too. its certainly worth a try i think

still why do i progress on ohp so much better than the average and vice versa on squat?

since i do 5/3/1 i make ohp prs almost every workout (i do strict ohp not push pull btw) while with squats i need to fight so hard for every fucking tiny increase

brehs, does penile length matter? I am 6x5 should I consider suicide or I have some chance?

Yeah I wasnt implying I'd do a 1RM bench alone. I was wondering if there was some kind of rule of thumb for a safe weight, like 'you shouldn't try more than 70% of your 1rm max without a spotter' or something

I'm doing 3x5 so I'll follow your advice, thanks.

squats with one leg?

handstand pushups

high volume normal pushups

sprinting maybe?

in the end it almost always is big enough i think

Take it from me little man, if you were any bigger you'd bruise up any girl you'd fugg and then have to wait n shit.

your diet is as or more important to keeping your gains

I went to the gym for the first time yesterday. I did some pathetic dyelmode sets of squat, deadlift and bench press and now something hurts in my shoulder. From looking at anatomy pics on the Internet it seems to be my lower trapezius. Did I do something wrong? I payed really close attention to my form.

>on a cut
>ate over 600cals of what i shouldve
>call it my cheat day for the week

fuck me lads are all my gains gone

How does I make prostate gains?

Is it sharp pain or just sore?

Pushups

will i finally have abs if i walk 1-1.5 hours a day and lift 3-4 days a week? eating 1800-2000 kcal a day. 6'3 190 atm

I have been having a fever for the past three days, been in bed for these days as well. Decided to walk a bit yesterday but felt horrible. Now, today I woke up feeling pretty well. When is it okay to start working out again, I have never paused my workout schedule because of being sick or ill.

Once you get a girl's number from Tinder, do you text casually or only to arrange a date?

If you keep losing weight, and if you actually have a foundation of abs, then it will come eventually yeah.

I'm interested in this too
I used to do a long ass routine (around 2h-2hours and a half) before switching to stronglifts

a foundation of abs?

Kind of like a bruise. I was thinking maybe it's just discomfort from the weight of the squat bar because it kind of feels like that but I only squatted 110lb.

Do I have to count calories on keto, if I'm close to be shredded enough? I've almost reached my goal (it's probably 0.5kg = 1.1lbs more that I have to loose), but I seems like the process got very slow. What am I doing wrong?

How do you compute volume and intensity? How do they differ?

some muscle, if you did a lot of sports as a child; the foundation is there. If you start from a complete sedentary point or if you have 0 muscle, then you can cut all you want but your abs will look like shit. Just do the training and walking but don't forgot to target your abs.

I've injured my shoulder slightly. Should I still lift, just at much lower weights?

Not gonna make my own thread for this but.
5'11 and 143lb
how long to reach otter mode and what should i focus on? Sorta new to this, have read the sticky though.

It might just be the squat bar that you held on top of your traps that caused a bruise.
Generally should be fine if its just soreness / bruise or if you feel the pain in your "skin". You should be worried if you feel pain in your bones or joints

Cool thanks

I need a no bullshit way to lose 10lb within a week. My career depends on it. 5'7" 185lbs 27 male. Do diet pills work? What brand should I choose if they do. I'm already on the 1 gallon of water a day plan plus no carbs. I plan to start implementing protein shakes starting today it's 120 calories a scoop that I use. I moderately exercise.

Please help me Veeky Forums

I just started lifting at the gym and im very excited.
I read the sticky, doing the 5x5 amatuer workout. Though i changed the deadlift with the overhead pull towards shoulders machine, dont know the english name.
Well, im couch potato level and im weak as fuck. im doing the squats only with the bar (which is 5kg) and the 3x5 kills me already.
also whats a good alternative for bench press? i dont want to do them either because im scared of fucking up and killing me.

A pound is around 3500kcal. There's no way to build up that kind of deficit within a week. I would advice against it but if you absolutely need this then it will have to come from water weight. Look up how professional fighters lose weight prior to the weigh-in to meet their thresholds.
>My career depends on it
Please explain.

Dumbell press.

No. Do deadlifts and bench presses. You won't kill yourself.

>Please explain.
I've been accepted into this program for the Army but they may do a APFT and at my current weight and waist line I am worried I bust tape which will get me flagged and not allow me into said program.

I'm currently eating at 1500 calories a day, should I lower that to 1200?

What app do you use for calorie and macro tracking?

I'm doing Rippetoe's 4day Texas Method Split. Basically:
Press volume, Squat Volume, rest, Press Intensity, Squat Intensity, rest, rest.

What day would be the best to go running? What days would be best if I wanted to run twice a week?

>Well, im couch potato level and im weak as fuck. im doing the squats only with the bar (which is 5kg) and the 3x5 kills me already.

you're just not used to the movement, once you get used to it (maybe a week or two) you'll start increasing the weight no problem.
Unless you're a massive fatty, then you need to lose weight.

I bench press without a spotter too and this is how I fail reps
youtu.be/XGkRDcMeSTY?t=2m44s

There is no way to lose that much weight through calories in/calories out. Read this: fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

This WILL affect your performance. I'm not familiar with the APFT but I'm not sure this is a good idea.

Mon, thur < tue, fri < wed, sat, sun

Wouldn't change the deadlifts since they're a core part of the routine.

Bench press is not that dangerous. For the bench press to be lethal you need to drop the bar completely during the movement. The only way the bar completely drops is if there is a muscle tear. You're not gonna tear a muscle 0-100 unless you have preexisting injuries. The barbell should not move above your throat except when the bar is pulled off the rack. The bar starts right above your shoulders and stops about below your nipples and goes up to above shoulders.

Should you become tired and cant get the barbell off you simply roll it down your body. It's safe enough.

Why does the Harsh wiki say you need a higher caloric intake to gain muscle and then follow it with sources that say you can have a lower caloric intake and still gain muscle?

Alright. I think im going to ask a friend to assist me with a proper form with deadlift and benchpress.
Also, my left arm is very weak compared to my right arm, is this normal? Will it adjust over time?

>gag/dry heave after set,
>Especially hits hard after my final set of the day
How do I make this stop

Okay so say if my workout is 10 chinups for 3 sets and then 10 pullups for 3 sets and I want to do supersets. Does that mean I do 10 chinups then 10 pullups and then take a rest until I do my second set of each?

how weaker are we talking and how do you asses it as weaker?

most people's right arms are stronger due to being right handed and masturbation.

Muscle imbalance in new lifters is totally normal. Just do a few extra exercises targeting only your left arm. Dumbell rows, side raises, one handed OHP etc.

Just watch out that you don't injure yourself with heavier weights because your right arm can handle but your left can't. I did that when I started and it was a bit shit.

how bad is it to purge your cheat meal every week

Throwing up food consistantly will slowly degrade your GIT.

>Also, my left arm is very weak compared to my right arm, is this normal? Will it adjust over time?
I had this with the arms flipped for a while. Discovered it came from me carrying my backpack around on a single strap all the time. As long as you keep up the exercise they'll eventually even out, assuming you don't try to compensate for it and keep good form. Could also do extra stuff for it like says.

just do curls and bench presses, there u go

Is there anything wrong with working the same areas every day if I'm not using heavy weights? Do I Need to rest my buns?

3x5 side raises 10kg. no problem for reight arm but my left arm died after the second set. had to use 6kg then for the final set on the left arm.

maybe summer next year

Side raises are lateral deltoids, for your information. Not what I would call arm. And for that matter your lateral delt strength doesn't really factor that much into basic barbell movements.

I can also note that what you should be doing in that scenario is not to train your right arm more if you seek symmetry. Do left first and match the set with your right.

I'm doing C25K, but I've also got a barbell and two variable dumbells at home. I figure it'd be a good idea to do something with them the two days a week alternating with the running, but I'm not sure what to do. Most of the things I find are balanced around 3 days, and I don't know if I should cut out leg things since I'm running. Any recommendations where I should look?

For my age group I need to do 39 push ups, ~50 sit ups and run a 2 mile in 17 minutes. I'll be fine in that aspect. I just like steak and beer too much, but that shit is cut out for now.

Bump pls help

Stalling on squats just because I cant get my breath right. After holding my breath for each squat and hyperventilating in between each rep i feel like im going to pass out by my 5th rep and never feel confident enough to go for another
Is there any resources on breathing or am i just anemic or something?

no
however if your doing squats with low weight then there's almost no point

Drink only water hand do hours of cardio per day and you can make it, but that requiresa iron will...

Breath in while going down, breath out while going up. If you can't do the full thing in one long breath, I guess you could breath out at the bottom, then breath in again, then breath out as you go up?

I don't think you should be holding your breath for anything. I've only done it for incline sit ups and that's because I physically couldn't breath out while going up.

Big breath at the top. Descend and hold. Exhale at the top, a few smaller breaths to regain composure. Repeat. Refer to starting strength for more detailed instructions.

You absolutely do not want to exhale at the bottom. Letting your breath go will loosen up all internal pressure that you gained from the breath. Loss of core tightness at the bottom means you can't use stretch reflex and will force paused reps. The loss of core tightness will also make the movement a lot looser than you want it.

Rippetoe uses the example of trying to push a car. Instinctively you would do so with a held breath. I disagree with your core point about never holding your breath for anything. But I rather think you should try and hold your breath during every movement, and breathing between repetitions.

Since both me and user are providing contradictory advice I'm gonna give you some objectively better advice; research it yourself.

Sleep apnea user

Do you run on your off days? My knee got completely fucked when I started running for cardio inbetween lifting. Stopped running and the pain was gone in less than a week.

Are you fucking stupid?

Why would you even worry about muscle memory? What are you trying to say?