Is vaping generally safe?

Post you experiences with vaping to quit smoking. How long have you vaped? Any noticeable side effects?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/tox.20153/epdf
ehp.niehs.nih.gov/15-10185/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

started vaping when I started to lose weight, wanted to quit smoking and bad lungs made it harder for me to cardio/weight loss.

my breathing/cardio has improved, get my nicotine and vaping also makes you less hungry just like smoking does. If I vape a little my hunger disappear.

really good meme desu, to bad its forcefully memed the wrong way because of fedoras and faggots.

>generally safe
>inhaling substance with high amount of unsafe chemicals
it's "safer" than smoking of cigs bot totally not safe... you want to be safe? Ditch both...

Only noticeable side effect is I smoke way less cigs but way more cock.

>inhaling any vapor
>generally safe
No. It's like asking if drinking beer instead of vodka is generally safe. It's better but still bad.

Nigga you retarded?

>taste substances

they are in almost every grocery at the grocery store

>Propylene Glycol

substance you can find in medication, also in food.

>Vegetable Glycerin

natural substances you can find in fruit and vegetables, its literally vegetable oil.

>nicotine

just as addicting and "harmful" as caffeine. nicotine dosent make cigarettes bad, its the tar.

Generally safe, you need to look up consumer reports or whatever you can find out about the company that you buy liquid off of, some have had some very unhealthy chemicals in them, they would cause popcorn lung which is non reversible. Otherwise, pure nicotine and vegetable glycerin vape juice is waaay healthier than cigarettes. Plus nicotine has some "potential" health benefits(might be neuroprotective, hasn't been studied enough)

He's right. There are publications about it. The vapors build of cheap shit release chemicals.

Also generally anything going into the lung not air is a potential irritant and cause harm. Some managed also to kill themselv with vapors cause they managed to put too much nicotin into it.

>The vapors build of cheap shit release chemicals

then dont fucking buy liquids from china or some third world shit hole.

Buy them from FDA/EU approved stores in the first world.

>they are in almost every grocery at the grocery store
You don't inhale food
>substance you can find in medication, also in food.
You also don't inhale medication.
>natural substances you can find in fruit and vegetables, its literally vegetable oil.
You also also don't inhale vegetable oil
>just as addicting and "harmful" as caffeine. nicotine dosent make cigarettes bad, its the tar.
Nicotine is way fucking worse than caffeine. Trying to downplay the effects is just plain ignorant.

E-choli is a key bacteria in your gut, doesn't mean it belongs in your mouth. Stop eating ass.

This guy hasn't read about popcorn lung it's this great new ailment exclusively caused by those vape pens it's about as bad as lung cancer do some googlefu

The only studies about it I've read were fucking retarded using vapes in ways no sane human would use them.

>Some managed also to kill themselv with vapors cause they managed to put too much nicotin into it.
Impossible, you'd be too sick to continue vaping way before you killed yourself.

inhaling and eating is literally the same shit, it all goes into your bloodstream one way or another.

holy shit did people sleep in high shool biology here?

Well, that's kinda the point, it's not FDA regulated so consumer reports are really your best qualifier for safe e-liquid. Any even the cleanest will disrupt the mucus membrane in your lungs. Worth it for sweet, sweet nicotine though.

The shills arrived.

Or the mentally retarded trying to justify their addiction.
>inb4 it's just for recreation

>inhaling and eating is literally the same shit

>LITTERALLY
>THE
>SAME
xD

It was widely reported some years ago. I just don't know whether it's a retard thinking "higher dosage yolo" or getting fucked buying from a cheap source.

If you read my comment and though it was in favor of vaping I've got news for you about who the retard is

I used vaping to quit smoking. It is 95% safer than smoking according to the NHS and their have been no proven negative health effects(but of course that doesnt mean there arent any).

It is probably even safer a habit than eating junk food or being an alcoholic but it still isnt exactly healthy. If I vape too much I get a headache and chestpain for the rest of the day.

Ah right I obviously misquoted the 2nd post. No need to call me out we're both against vaping.

Would be a good argument if I was still vaping senpai.
Vaping is the ultimate way to quit smoking for people who don't really want to quit, best of all vaping is easy af to quit once you're off cigs.

If it gets people to quit sure. But if they just vape all day and spout shit like "it's all natural it ain't not bad for your lungs" they're idiots. Just like people who eat at Subway every day and think it's so much better than Mcdonalds.

Also contains diacetyl, a substance associated with bronchiolitis obliterans, informally known as "popcorn lung".

Source: Paramedic Practitioner

What the fuck man, here's your (you)

You sir are genuinely retarded. Why not try directly injecting beer into a vein? All ends up in your bloodstream after all!

Please don't pretend that the dumbed down high school level biology you've not studied in years somehow qualifies you as someone with any knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.

It doesn't, anymore. Also, cigs contain more diacetyl than any vaping juice ever did and no one gets popcorn lung from cigs.

Do you have a source for this?

Which claim

>cigs contain more diacetyl than any vaping juice

Yea but you'll need to do some very basic 2+2 math, which I hope isn't too much to ask of you.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/tox.20153/epdf
ehp.niehs.nih.gov/15-10185/
First one is about cigs, second one is about e-cigs

It has been proven that literally any vapor can lead to bronchitis even aqueous vapor. Thinking vaping isn't harmful is retarded on the level of the 60s when people though smoking wasn't.

It's been proven that you're a massive faggot who doesn't cite his sources.

Shit man should I also source that alcohol is bad for your liver?

How deluded do you have to be to think that anything other than air belongs in your lung.

The e-cig and vape industry is comically poorly regulated, I will absolutely guarantee you that there are still juice vendors selling product conatining diacetyl. Additionally, stating people never get popcorn lung from cigs is retarded, as it tends to be underdiagnosed due to the other numerous health concerns regarding smoking such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis.

>vaping will fuck up your lungs with bronchitis
>source pls
>you have to be retarded to put anything besides air in your lungs
Nice source m8, but did you know that air is also really bad for your lungs? Oxygen is literally killing you. So why don't you do us all a favor and stop breathing.

I don't know what "Paramedic practitioner " you're talking to (which is a total bullshit title, it's just Paramedic. I know, because I am one. ) but liquids made in the United States do not contain diacetyl.

>vaping
>2017

I've been considering getting a vape. Just because my smoking is getting real out of hand. A pack within two days.
I wonder if this safe indoors, will the firealarms go off? I always smoke outside, but this seems like it could be something to use indoors.

Vape pen will not set off fire alarms it actually takes quite a bit of smoke to set off an alarm.

>Any noticeable side effects?
It makes you look like a faggot.

Less harmful than smoking, but smoking looks cool, vaping looks gay.
If you already smoke and want to lessen the harm but you're still addicted to tobacco, vaping is a sensible alternative.
If you don't already smoke, vaping is super gay.

Do It. I've taken up vaping to get off the fags and it's done the job. You still get the nicotine and you can keep the culture of popping outside for a fag with your m8s. Don't worry about setting off smoke alarms either.