Does lifting alter bone structure in face?

Does lifting alter bone structure in face?

Other urls found in this thread:

eruptingmind.com/face-exercise-how-to-do-a-complete-facial-workout/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

No, but it does reduce bodyfat overall and if you're looking for a more 'manly' face (aka better accentuated jawline etc) lifting might help you.

How can I make face gains if I'm already lean?

thicker neck

How?

Does chewing gum help improve facial aesthetics?

eruptingmind.com/face-exercise-how-to-do-a-complete-facial-workout/

Try it

What's the IQ required to need to ask questions like this?

90?

Why?

Think about the level of ignorance & lack of critical thinking you'd need to ask: "will my facial bone change in response to me doing squats".

This kind of logic/confusion is something you'd expect from an 8-year-old.

Maybe he don't know the language.

Doesn't bone in itself alter? All the time? Slow process.

Yes, that's a natural remodeling process carried out by osteoclasts & osteoblasts that will recycle and relay bone onto the matrix.

This stops being a net gain when you turn 25.

However, this has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Again, this is ignorant logic.

> Bone remodels .. ergo .. we must be able to remodel facial bone?

Likewise, the kids on here obsessed with GH & tren/androgens

> High T and GH -> Bone development = I can develop my facial bone by increasing my natural endogenous GH & T.

That's what these threads always are, people attempting to extrapolate a shoddy & fundamentally flawed understanding of biology and taking it too far.

I don't disagree with you.

Is it even possible to make face gains?

Barring surgery, yes, the position of the bones in your face change in concordance with soft tissue changes and you do gain some bone mass as you age, if your diet is good.

>bone mass as you age, if your diet is good
Elaborate.

Realistically, no. Surgery would work, however.

The shape of your facial bone is dictated by a genetic blueprint that was decided upon when you were conceived.

Puberty is the mechanism by which construction of this blueprint is undertaken.

Your best bet is to have eaten healthily during this period, but generally, most 1st world children do.

People may try to tell you to chew gum, use jawbreakers, or whatever shitty gimmick is being peddled on Veeky Forums these days but they don't work either.

Obviously, that doesn't build bone but instead, is based on the belief of "masseter hypertrophy".

The masseter is the band of muscle that runs down your jaw connecting the mandible to the upper portion of your skull. Basically, it runs through around about where your cheekbones are down to your jaw.

The logic is enlarging this muscle creates the illusion of a bigger jaw. The problem is masseter hypertrophy just doesn't happen typically, again, it's predicated upon a misunderstanding of biology (me lift weights me muscles big get some face muscles get big too). In rare cases, there is a disorder that results in masseter hypertrophy, but it's rare, and again ... it's a disorder.

If you're still in your teens then your facial bone & facial fat distribution will continue to mature as you enter your early 20s. But generally, the facial shape won't significantly change.

Your bones grow bigger the longer you live as long as nutrition is adequate, nothing more to it. Ever notice how old people get larger and broader heads, hands, wrists etc?

Might have to supplement certain nutrients due to the fact that the world population has more than doubled since WWII, thus leading to intense soil depletion.

Well that sucks.

Thank you though. Very informative post for a change.

I spend 30 minutes a day using a mouth exercising but I'm not noticing any gains. What am I doing wrong?

>implying you can't reposition bones with soft tissue changes
See: Stroke patients
>implying you can't hypertrophy the buccinator and masseter muscles by a simple change in diet to harder foods and/or chewing gum
>implying improved masseter and buccinator strength does not lead to better oral and maxillofacial posture, thus facilitating a proper alignment of bones
The only thing is that it's not instantaneous, it's a process that takes a long time, but it does indeed work.

Train your neck

Not him, but like shrugs and shit?

Shrugs, howls at the moon, Using neck weights

Shrugs train your traps. You train your actual neck with "nodding" and rotational exercises with resistance bands or weights.

Nah but apparently my jawline improved. My cousin that I hadn't seen for a bit commented on it once.

If you drop the Bar on it then would a title