My current routine is about 180 crunches a day and i run 1 mile every other day...

my current routine is about 180 crunches a day and i run 1 mile every other day. i don't really want to build a lot of muscle mass i just want to be a healthy attractive human being and lose some weight (i am currently overweight at 6"4 i weigh 220) is this a good routine to achieve what i want?

Bait

i don't understand is that a bad routine

so let me see...
>only crunches
>no other lifts/movements
>no progressive overload
>1mile/day
>no distance increase
>no tempo increase

So crunching, it's bad for you. Get a gym membership (or a barbell and some weight) and learn to deadlift. If nothing else, do this. If you want some upper body, dip. Keep running.

Then it's all about diet.

what is progressive overload. i do lift a little everyday for arm strength. is a mile every other day bad. what should i do other than crunches

i have a free weight do i just lift it with my arm or what. how does that upper strength rather than arms

>
>what should i do other than crunches

I recommend doing vertical plate presses and Roman chair leg raises.

Do people really like pretending to be retarded?

i am not retarded i just started exercising and i want to know what is a good method of doing that.

>for arm strength

i guess it make shoulder strong too.

You need a lot of weight and a barbell to deadlift. Look up deadlift and front squat. They don't hit anything other than your back in your upper body, but they'll build a lot of easy muscle in your legs which will make staying thin a lot easier. More importantly, they'll improve your posture, back, and core, making you more attractive and stronger. If you want to build a little upper body, throw in OHP. These will also work your postural muscles very hard, and make your upper body look a bit wider.

i found a picture does this work

sorry i meant this one

how do i prevent injury while doing that

i hear dead lifting is a bad idea

cause pulling things and the like. am i wrong

like i don;t know what do

If you have zero conditioning, sure. Wouldn't expect any gains except returning to a bare minimum required level of strength for daily physical activity.

You also need a good diet if you want to change the appearance of your body.

ok what the fuck am i supposed to do

seriously i thought my current routine was good. i have no idea how much exercise and diet one is supposed to do. am i doing to much or too little what more do i need to do

>yeah it is pretty good nothing is going to change or be affected by doing it but it is alright

>don't want to build a lot of muscle mass

CALISTHENICS AND DIET.
And keep that cardio up, OP.

crunches are calisthenics. is my routine good

No its awful. Your doing a shit ton of crunches and thats it. Congrats, all youll accomplish is getting good at crunches.

1 mile every other day is nothing. Wow 4 whole miles a week.

There is no progression in this "routine". Youll stay at your current level and plateau.

Read the fucking sticky you mong.
If your deadset on calisthenics, the pick an actual proven calisthenic routine, dont autistically do crunches.
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness
Read the faq and do the suggested workouts.
Losing weight is 90% diet, google a tdee calculator, and eat 500 calories less than whatever number you get from it. Thatll be a lb of weightloss a week more or less.

You want to slim down and be in good shape without building a bunch of muscle, yeah? My suggestions:

Running is good, don't limit yourself to a mile every other day. Slowly push up the distance, its really good for your heart and burns significant calories. Every other day is fine.

Crunches are good, but varying the type of core exercise youre doing will be good for your core strength. Get an abb roller (super cheap at wallmart), do planks, bicycle kicks, russian twists. Literally dozens of different calisthenic ab workouts you can do to mix it up.

Some people are encouraging you to dead lift, squat and dip. These are good but doesn't sound like what you want. Dead lifting is really good for your posture and core strength so I think its important, but you need to start slow. Watch videos on how to do it properly, don't hurt yourself.

You might also consider bodyweight fitness, which seems like it fits your goals. Tons of resources for that online.

well of course i was going to run more that is just what i am doing now. i will do calisthenics routine better thou. so other than that and running more i will eventually be thin, attractive and healthy