Creatine

Should I take it before or after a workout, and is there a significant difference in doing either?

Time of day doesn't matter. You only get benefits long term after 3 weeks of creatine. After that benefits won't diminish unless you stop taking it for 4 days

it builds up in your organism, and then you are just keeping enough creatine in, therefore it doesnt really matter, just get 5g to your protein and youre good

I was told to cycle it; like 6 weeks on 2 weeks off? What is your opinion on that, Veeky Forums?

>cycling creatine like roids

ahahahahaha nice joke user, you dicklet

I drink 2 scoops of creatine a day, one before working out and one after. Am I overdoing it?

yeah, sorry, I don't know how to cycle roids nor how to cycle creatine. I was TOLD to cycle it by someone else. And that is why I was asking for an opinion - not an insult.
Practice your reading comprehension, fucking moron

nah don't, 5MG a day

Thank. What is a good measurement for 5mg? Like, a teaspoon?

a scoop with which the creatine came you dummy

One teaspoon before working out.

guys do I take creatine everyday or just when I work out?

Everyday

They recommend before workout

God i dont know if its just me but after only 4 days of creatine i noticed some of my hair was just straight falling out all over my body. Cut the shit immediately and my hair loss stopped. Ive got nice hair and i wanna keep it but i also wanna do creatine for the gains is there any work around?

There was some scientific study where they took two groups of athletes and said to the first group to take creatine before the workout, and after, for the second. The second group showed better results in gaining mass.

How did they handle rest days, though?

How much are you taking??

One tablespoon of mono i think 5mg

>memeing this hard again

Alright bud i got hair loss after taking creatine it stopped when i stopped taking creatine. Is that better?

Recommended daily dosage on pure 100% creatine monohydrate is 5 grams not milligrams

Maybe you just have weak hair, try using a conditioner with coal tar in it, my hair went from weak to strong in a couple months ez

Doesn't matter. There's a maximum concentration of creatine possible in your bloodstream. The point of supplementing creatine is to hit that saturation point. Once you're at saturation, you stay there as long as you keep supplementing. So at that point the time of day doesn't matter. Also once you hit saturation you don't need to take nearly as much every day. Any amount that puts you over saturation just gets excreted out through piss.

Cycling creatine is not necessary but there are a few reasons people do it. Some people feel they get the maximum benefit from creatine during the loading phase, so they cycle loading and deloading. Creatine also increases water retention. If you're in a sport where you need to be in a certain weight class, creatine can have a pretty huge effect on your weight, so you cycle off nearing competition to get rid of the extra bloat.

The difference in that study was minimal. They also only followed athletes for a few weeks, and didn't look at the effect of taking creatine before and after working out.

Loading and deloading? Could you enhance that?

Loading is when you start taking creatine and the creatine levels in your blood increase to saturation. Deloading is when you stop supplementing creatine and your creatine levels go back down.

Some athletes feel the loading phase is when they get the most benefit from creatine, since they "feel" the ramp up when they're training. These people prefer to load and deload, often in cycles with their training. For example if they have a month long training schedule with a deload in the last week, they'll start loading to maintenance, maintain, then deload creatine when their training deloads.

From a bioscience standpoint looking at how supplementing creatine works, loading and deloading isn't necessary. It's a matter of personal preference.

Idk man i got hair litterally like an ox (coarse thick and curly) but maybe my roots are shit.