Want to go to the gym

>want to go to the gym
>crippling depression makes me feel tired and shitty all the time
>know I'll feel better once I get some exercise but it's so hard going there and starting

Anyone else know this awful feel?

I know it too well

yea. you man up and go and tomorrow you'll feel a lot better

speaking of which I'll stop procrastinating and lying on the couch refreshing the catalog and get my ass to the gym right now

>self diagnosed crippling depression
>reality
choose one

I don't know the feeling of crippling depression but you already know that working out is gonna make you feel better. Chase that feeling dude

you only need motivation to do something until it becomes a habit.

I suggest you do something good for yourself and get up and go, even if you don't feel like it. If you can't manage that there's little hope.

I know this feel user. You just have to make going to the gym a habit, so it won't depend on your current mood anymore (it's really hard to break a habit once it formed)

Buy some preworkout. I only take it if I don't feel like going to the gym. You'll want to go after

>buy a preworkout
>fill your mp3 player with new music

go to the gym to listen to your music. Considering you'll be high as fuck on pwo, surrounded by wimenz and with weights everywhere, it's gonna be natural to just start lifting. I literally train only so I can listen to new music

>Self-diagnosed
projecting

>Stand up straight, hands on hips
>Head up, look up at ceiling
>Breathe deeply into the belly a few times
>Force a big dumb smile onto your face
>If still low-energy, take a cold shower to really set the nerves off

Body over mind. Not just in the gym, but in life in general.

Took the idea from Tony Robbins. Works great.

OP here. I have been diagnosed with "major depressive disorder" by a psychologist and have taken a slew of meds over the years. Nothing seems to work.

Yes, but I force myself to go with a couple tricks.

>make a gym outfit and put it next to my bed with my gym bag
>when I wake up in the morning they're the first things I see

>tell myself I need to go to the grocery store or Staples to make photocopies after I work out
>after leaving the gym I don't go to either because "if I go to the gym tomorrow I can just drive over after"
>repeat every day
This is also why I get checks at work instead of direct deposit - the bank is a couple minutes away from the gym.

it's not at all difficult to break a habit lmao, you just stay home. I've been going to the gym regularly for years and it's always a struggle. a struggle I've learned to win and of course I always enjoy it when I get there but it doesn't get any easier by "habit". I bet you're also the type of cuck to guilt himself into doing work

stop taking meds retard. you have no business on Veeky Forums if you're poisoning yourself with antidepressants

Is there medicine for this mental disorder

Cry in the car on the way there. Put the world on your traps and go ATG

Your thoughts are not in your control. Just ignore them. If you start doing actions your thoughts will align themselves to your actions.

If you're laying around depressed, your mental and energy body has inertia keeping it there.

Get up and go outside, go for a walk around the block. Watch as your mental and energy body adapts to this new feeling and wants to stay outside rather than go back in.

When we are in certain environments, we experience certain sounds, sights, and physical stimulation. We understand that this is not us, it is simply our perception.

When we are in certain environments, we experience certain emotions and thoughts. Since we cannot identify the sense organ from which they arise, we mistake them for ourselves.

Your thoughts and emotions are just clouds passing through and around your eternal mind. There is no reason to identify or attach any significance to them.

>Breathe deeply into the belly
>not breathing into your balls
Not gonna make it

yeah it's called man the fuck up

Grow a pair, low test

>he doesn't want to kill himself 24/7
get a life so you can take it prematurely fag

Always good to see the sound medical advice of Veeky Forums

But nah OP, it'll suck. It'll suck hard. But just get up and start. Once you set yourself in motion, it gets easier. By the way, you should try to ween yourself off of the meds if they're not working. Modern psych medication is a crapshoot, where you'd have to up the dose and wean off, and try different combinations.

If at all manageable with diet and exercise, try to kick the junk. If you're the kind of unlucky bastard who won the genetic lottery of brain failure, then I guess good luck on your journey ahead of you of years before finding the right medication or mix of medications.

oh boo hoo you sit at home all day doing nothing then wonder why you feel like shit all the time and don't have any energy? go to a doctor and he measures some serotonin levels that JUST HAPPEN TO BE shit oh wow this is a real illness it's based on chemistry it's not lile you're causing this all yourself and it could be easily fixed by just doing something about it. no no you're sick and a victim, take some pills it's not your fault it's a real disease.

>prescribed drugs by a psychologist
Only doctors ie psychiatrists can prescribe drugs lol

>Lumps "smile, breathe, and maybe take a cold shower" in with "stop taking your meds" as "medical advice"
>Proceeds to tell OP to stop taking his meds

Get bent, faggot.

do you need to talk user, add me on msn ill listen to your troubles :)

thanks for the offer but I'm doing good these days. I too was once diagnosed with depression. after high school I didn't have any plans or ambitions while everyone else did. I felt lost and nothing interested me so I just stayed home. eventually my mom got me to see a psychiatrist and he immediately diagnosed me with depression. I didn't take his drugs and I stopped going (not recommending that part) and stayed home in my state of "depression" for years.

guess how I magically cured my "illness"? I started doing things against my will. I started forcing myself out of the house even if I really really didn't want to. I joined a gym even if I didn't want to. I enrolled in school even if I didn't want to. I got a part-time job on the side even if I didn't want to. I manned up and started doing something about it instead of continuing to feel pity for myself and my "illness". and now I feel better than ever and more motivated than ever. no shit sometimes life sucks and you have to do stuff that doesn't give instant gratification against your will but if you keep working at it it gets better eventually. depression is a meme. it's just a word for people with weak self-control who can't man up and do things if they don't seem like "fun".