Would you rather be in the top 1% for intelligence or top 1% for looks?

Would you rather be in the top 1% for intelligence or top 1% for looks?

It really depends how ugly I will be if I choose 1% intelligence

>It really depends how ugly I will be if I choose 1% intelligence
max 4/10

Bottom 1%

looks, easier money

If I can keep my looks, intelligence. I'm not a model by any means but I'm alright, being one of the most intelligent people on earth would benefit me more

I'm vain though so if I was really asked to choose I might pick looks

Looks.
I can buy whores when I'm rich.

>Financial security for the rest of your life either way
I'd flip a coin desu

I am already both lmao

>Intelligence makes money.
>Money gets the prosperity
>Prosperity gets pussy
>And with money and prosperity you can get time for the gym

So basically...

Top 1 percent for looks lol.

The most attractive people I've met also happen to be rich, happy and relatively smart. so there's that.

most of the smartest people i know are wagecuck scientists or engineer types and theyre losers

that fourth wall too intelligent for looks

Looks. I'd be dumb enough to enjoy normie things on the daily and would have easy money and sex.

Arnold is literally both
>why even live

Do i get to keep my current level intelligence? If yes looks, if no neither. I like to think I'm top 25% intellect and top 40% looks.

Looks.

You can work on intelligence if you're curious and highly motivated.

You can't fix your height, jaw line, hair line / balding, beard thickness / growth pattern, skin color, eye color, canthal tilt, or nose shape, etc. (without lots of surgeries).

I'd say someone in only the 50th percentile of intelligence could accomplish quite a lot if they have a burning desire. The top 1% of intelligence would just get you a PhD researcher position working on the bleeding edge of human knowledge at some prestigious university, publishing papers so advanced that only 2 or 3 other people in your field in the world could understand then... but there's no money in academia so no one cares. You could still die a virgin.

It's pretty easy to do both

Literally all you need to do to be smarter than 99% of the world's population is know something at the same level you would get from a university education

Then for lifting a 1/2/3/4 is probably better than 99% of what the world as a whole can do considering half the population are women and you have all those starving africans and shit

Definitely looks. I'm not even slightly above average intelligence I feel like I drowning under an avalanche of idiots every day. People so stupid they can barely function in modern society. So no, I'd rather be dumber and be 1% of looks.

this, and there is a lot of weight, and depression that comes with being intelligent. Knowing how fucked up and dumb the world is, is depressing.

Ignorance is bliss.

If I was female - Looks easy
If I was male and not an ugly troll - Intelligence

I'm currently in top 1% of intelligence, top ~10% for fitness and average for height & facial aesthetics.
I would definitely switch that for being tall/attractive and average intelligence. Women don't give a shit about brains. And you can have a perfectly fine career with average intelligence.

I'd go with looks. While yes, you're going to lose them, I think that the peripheral benefits are actually somewhat long lasting. Ever see those 43 year old women who are -to be fair still (usually) decently attractive- who think and act like they're still Queen Shit of their senior class? Or 39 Chad Mc50KaYearAndAlimony who thinks he's a real cool brah, braaaahs? I think there's a certain level of confidence and delusion that never goes away because you had you balls sucked (both literally and figuratively) - the inverse to that is the pimple faced DYEL geek who is now 41 and pulling down six figures but is in a "My Wife's Son" relationship and/or fell the "Loyal and Loving Asian Girl Who Totally Isn't Just with Him for The Shekels and Will Never Leave Him Once She Has a Ring, a HAPA and a Green Card" meme because he thinks he's just lucky to be getting any poon at all because he never even touched a thigh in high school.

I think that there's a certain momentum that usually begins early in life -the biggest part in youth being looks- and it gets one things that maybe they never should have; and those who are ugly miss out and lose opportunities. We've all heard the stories of douchey hot dudes who bang everything in sight yet have a shitty personality (or perhaps none at all), and we all know the really cool guy (this could even be YOU reading this) who is practically invisible when he enters a room that contains the opposite sex, and in many cases it affects his confidence (on multiple levels) very negatively.

>inb4 "all this projecting, my dude"
I'm fully aware of this but I do think that there's some logic behind my reasoning.

>all of these retards picking looks

Einstein was fucking atrocious and everybody and their mom knows and respects him.

Anybody picking looks is destined for failure.

Looks. Actors make more than scientists.

But if you end up in bottom 1% intelligence, you will be to stupid to capitalize on your looks.

Then again, you might also be too stupid to be unhappy....

JUST LOL AT THIS COPING INCEL.

uh, looks? all these cucks insecure with their intelligence

what is the equivalent of a 4/10 IQ?

You make the assumption that everyone seeks the same thing. Have you considered how depressed one may become being in that intelligence bracket? Looking around and finding it hard to relate, having to deal with people are are generally VASTLY inferior intellectually and seeing problems everywhere that you can't possibly fix the majority off due to time/access? At least with the high grade in looks and low grade in intellect you'll be happy on an animal level; sure you won't know WHY Jenny's deepthroating you even though you just met her that afternoon, but you DO know that she is, and a nut's a nut; if that and a six pack of beer is all that you desire then you're the most satisfied guy one can find.

If I can keep my intelligence, looks. If not, intelligence.

Top 1% for intelligence isn't Einstein. If you got into/graduated from a good university (I don't mean Ivy League, just a good uni) chances are you're in the top 10-20% intelligence bracket, especially globally. Being in the top 1% just means that if there are 10-20 college students in a room, you're the smartest. Doesn't mean you're Einstein.

I'm already in the top 1% for intelligence. It;s kind of lonely and boring; it's harder to connect with people and I get bored with studying complex social issues and soft sciences because I "crack the code" too quickly, causing my interests to be very transient.

Would personally go with looks and advise others to do the same, but this could easily be a grass-is-always-greener scenario.

>top 1% intelligence
>browsing Veeky Forums

hate to break it to you buddy

I'm sure that he's not in the top 1% or even top 10% but it would make a bit of sense:

>good for introverts (anonymous, obviously doesn't have to interact physically)
>can be used to compensate for real relationships if the person is lonely/doesn't have (or finds it hard to make) a friend
>general low stress environment used to relax

Again, I doubt his claim of being in the 1% though.

It's not that crazy, fellas. The top 1.0% starts at 138. I was professionally tested twice as a child and scored 138 and 143. I'm not saying I'm Einstein or Tesla. The bar is surprisingly low. Top-level politicians like Barack Obama are in my bracket, for God sake.

autism at its finest

I'm also unironically in the top 1% and you just sound like a fedora tipping incel. If you're lonely and bored that's your personal failing, not because you're too smart. Connecting with people is a skill.

This isn't a "hurr durr liberals" jab, but we fill our governments with people in the top 1% (and lower, of course, but a lot of one-percenters) and while they're clearly bright (policies are shit for the common man, but calculated to benefit elites without being so bad that commoners revolt), I doubt anyone would say they are wildly exceptional or that it's unbelievable you could actually know such a person.

It's literally just 1 out of 100.

He could be like that halfblack thug who turned model cuz he was attractivr

Even though I know that you didn't mean anything by it, here's where the thread goes off the rails. You know what I mean (again, I really don't believe you mean for it to go the way that it's about to).

Looks.

A vast majority of the population is pretty average to below average in the intelligence department. Thereby they make judgements solely on appearance and how someone could help their social standing. Everyone loves attractive people, and would much rather mate and be friends with someone who can make them attractive by association or up their class.

Humans in general tend to lean to more baser traits (attractiveness, charisma, social standing) rather than intellectual high grounds. And no one really likes being around someone that makes them feel unintelligent.

>the vast majority of the population is average or below average

Hmm

I think that despite his "No shit, Sherlock" wording, his point is valid. Someone in the 1% is going to be left somewhat alone on an intellectual island more often than not.

on par with americans

The vast majority of the population is below average or average, user? How about this: exactly half the population is above average and exactly half is below.

Humans in general don't understand basic as fuck statistics but still are comfortable making grand sweeping statements about the nature of their race and society.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone.

There are a million ways to fix beauty, but you can't fix stupid.

>10-20 college students in a room, you're the smartest
Confirmed for brainlet. It's a room of 100 students.

Weak bait

OP didn't say if you chose one you would be at the bottom of the other. So if I choose to be in the top 1% of looks I would assume I keep the intelligence I already possess

nigga its 1/100 people, maybe even less for the chans because of all the aspies that browse here.

bump

like 90 i suppose

Intelligent people tend to be happier, healthier, more symmetrical (classically better looking) as well as vastly more productive and subsequently exist within the highest income brackets.

Being born with high Intelligence is basically like winning the lottery, you're in for a great life.

There isn't much to be said for being good looking, assuming all other factors remain the same, you'd still not have the life you want, nor - generally speaking - the capacity to attain it.

i feel like you guys are overestimating 1%. Being in the 1% for intelligence just means being the smartest in a group of 100 people.

if you've taken the SAT or PSAT or other standardized test before, getting in the 99th percentile for tests isn't terribly uncommon

did you ever see the wife of Zuckerberg?

High intelligence has direct correlation to depression. Being able to see the world for what it is and not being able to relate due to intelligence gap causes alienation.

Top 1% of either, it's lonely.

Lucrative opportunities exist for top 1% of good looking people, but then you are just another illuminati whore.

Type in 'high intelligence and' into Google and see what is returned.

Good looks. I'm already as intelligent as I've ever wanted to be. Not a supergenius or anything, just content with what I've got, with skills suited to my career.

But I'm the definition of a 5/10, and I see how easy it is for people who are only a 7/10 at best. I'd kill for an upgrade to 10/10.

What percentage would a person be at if they had an IQ of 144?

about top 25%

Average IQ is ~100 and standard deviation is ~15

Having an IQ or 144 would put you in the top 1%.

Way off. An IQ of 145 would put someone in the 0.1% of all humans.

I dont believe the claims ITT that physique vélos that much. How would being handsome help you other than being more desired by the opposite sex?

Yeah because John von Neumann and Leonhard Euler are household names.

>Top 1% for intelligence but no desire to excel
>Top 1% for looks but lazy and fat

Neither guarantees success in life unless you're willing to work them to your advantage

I'd rather be in the top 1% for strength.

I'm already in the top

Looks, I am a 25 year old virgin and autist (diagnosed) so being good looking is my only hope to have a gf.

>tfw top 1% in INT and top 1% in STR
>still a 6/10 manlet

I'd go for looks I'd def be happier but I don't know what itd be like to be dumb.

You guys aren't realising that bottom 1% is literally retarded by scientific classification.

OP didn't imply in any way you would be dumb, there's no correlation between looks and intelligence, you can be retarded and look like an oompa loompa and live in a favela or be 10/10 and be a super genius and be a millionare.
Real life is not an RPG where you have a limited amount of skill points.
Most likely you would have average intelligence.

I am already top 2% intelligence according to a real IQ test I took back in school.

It's not worth it. Looks would be way more useful.

see

regardless I don't know what itd be like to be average intelligence. But I do know hard frustrating it can get working with people who are probably around that range.

Look around, people with average intelligence are usually happy if they are good looking.
Also you would be less frustrated by average people because you would be of them, that's a plus.

I guess you would never realise all the dumb shit that you do.

looks all day

smart people are depressed because they're surrounded by retards and have a better understanding of society and how shitty it is

being good looking gets you laid at the very least, top 1% become movie stars or models and make millions

there are proven geniuses meanwhile that are fucking poor somehow

no it was implied that you're in the top 1% worldwide, which would be an IQ of around 150+

einstein was arguably in the 160-190 range so yes you would be comparable in intelligence

Intelligence without a moment's hesitation. It would make my hobbies more satisfying and I'd be smart enough to have a very high income job to support my hedonistic lifestyle.

Intelligence is a meme.

I mean, it both is and isn't. A high IQ is good, yes, but there's more than just IQ to take into consideration. You need drive, passion, etc. etc.

And wisdom is different from high iq. I know "intelligent" people who act dumb as shit. As in, certified mensa members who are more ignorant of the real world than the 80 iq mong in the dole line.

I don't know about that, I think most people realize, they just don't care that much.
Meanwhile I'm an autist so I can't stop fucking up in social situations so I still do dumb shit even though I'm not stupid.
Intelligent people are more likely to be on the spectrum and/or depressed.

Being intelligent means also being more sensitive and depressed. I am becoming dumber with years, but I got much more happy

Can confirm this guy may be in the 1% but it isn't the top 1%.

yes but you're watering it down, we're to assume OP means top 1% in the world, meaning out of 7 billion people you're among the most intelligent

it's much different to be the strongest person out of 100 people, vs the strongest out of a billion people

intelligence cant be improved, looks can. being able to understand the world we live in must feel great. about 1/3 of the people are overweight, its not even hard to lookmax

exactly, that's why I think einstein was so brilliant. talking totally out of my ass but I think he had a rare combination of raw intelligence and creativity, combined with a shitty upbringing that gave him the drive to do the things that he accomplished

>ctrl-f
>einstein, 5
>tesla, 1
Public school is a mistake. Next time you are going to tell me that Freud > Jung?
Not that I endorse comparisons like this, but in case you are at least be more honest and not just regurgitating things (in a popularity contest type of way) to make a point.

1% of 7 billion is 70 million
So that means there's 70 million people on earth as intelligent/beautiful as you (or more) after you choose.

I wouldn't say it's that special, in fact it's exactly one in 100 special.

both items have there limits, appearance is much harder to improve than intelligence in my opinion

what? intelligence cant be improved in the first place.

Couldnt you just choose top 1% intelligence

then have plastic surgery and work out?

Not true it will follow a bell curve and the top 1% will not be proportionate to 1% of the entire human population (so less than 70 million).
However you are correct when typing "as you (or more) after you choose.", as the 1% will differ as well and the bottom 1% will be far numerous than the top of the 1%.

I agree with this plan, I call it "The quick rundown".

this is what I was referring tooyes you're correct, but with more people involved in the sample the number of retards and average intelligence people grows much larger even though the number of geniuses also improves

That depends on what OP means, he could mean "more intelligent than 99% of the population" which is what I think.
Or he could mean "divide the x axis into 100 intervals and pick the highest one" which is what you think.

I think OP should clarify, either way I would choose looks.

looks. definitely looks.

I'm in the top 1% of intelligence, tested through mensa.

its not worth it. mental illness is higher among smart people and i've had my share of depression and anxiety.

Human interaction is too boring so I'm withdrawn just like the others. because of this you just dont fit in with anybody. they dont keep your interest long enough. I also have ADHD which doesn't help either.

If I could reroll on life, I'd go for looks no question. at least that way you won't have such foresight in life and despair at the potential you have.
plus even though i know that on average, i've done well, however i still feel like im behind in life.

it's not worth it. you'll end up becoming me, a monkey with his hand around a peanut in a jar

>someone mentions Einstein
>people reply to him

intelligence, but tall