Friendly reminder that sweet potatoes slow down the aging process, give you healthier skin...

>Friendly reminder that sweet potatoes slow down the aging process, give you healthier skin, healthier hair among other benefits.

Why aren't you eating these Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-cancer-potential-of-sweet-potato-proteins/
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-cook-sweet-potatoes/
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long
stm.sciencemag.org/content/7/293/293ra103
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they're actually expensive

My shithole doesn't have them, if you can believe that.

>99 cents a potato

uwotm8

Imagine putting a price on good health

79-99 cents a pound here

That's literally what the supermarkets do user. There's a little price tag in case you didn't notice.

>places don't have varying prices
Not that cheap here friendo

The difference between eating and not eating them isn't as large as "good health".

too many carbs.

NCBI Study?

because i'm mannitol intolerant
the sugar in sweet potatoes gives me the worst fucking shits

I was eating them everyday at one point then found out vitamin A poisoning is a thing. I try to stay away now because theyre like crack to me

>I was eating them everyday at one point then found out vitamin A poisoning is a thing.

Sweet potatoes don't have vitamin A, they have beta-carotene which is nontoxic

You can only get vitamin A poisoning from supplements friendo. If you get it from natural sources, you're A-ok (pun intended).

My favorite veggie

Sweet potatoes are GOAT

nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-cancer-potential-of-sweet-potato-proteins/
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-cook-sweet-potatoes/

Enjoy your sugar

>sugar that makes you live longer and in better health

What's not to enjoy?

>Why aren't you eating these Veeky Forums?
>Impying
And no one will stop me

there is also fiber which prevents sugar from spiking your insulin levels and if you are exercising you will need the 'sugar'.

I eat them all: purple sweet potatoes, carribean sweet potatoes, golden sweet potatoes, the ones in OP's pic, whatever I can find and get my hands on.

how retarded do you have to be to convince yourself that vegetables are bad for you

I really want to like them but the flavor is absolutely foul.

i dont think there are those here

I eat the redder skin whiter inside ones, they taste 1000 times better but do they offer the same benefits?

go back to your website ketofag

I put flax in mine it tastes pretty gucci

If I wanted to eat all that sugar, I'd eat a chocolate fudge pie instead.

>all foods that contain carbohydrate, naturally or artificially, are interchangeable

Deep fried or just fried sweet potatoes belongs right there in the top 10 GOAT foods

>sugars slow down the aging process, give you healthier skin, healthier hair among other benefits

not sure if trolling or just retarded

>not doing research
>sugar boogeyman

kill yourself m808

This is sugar. What OP posted is a sweet potato.

No, that's a 312kb jpeg.

I like to cube it up, fry them in a bit of butter then cook into an omlette

BUENO!

kind of defeats the healthiness

Enjoy your fat which is worse than carbs. Where do you think meat gets all of its calories from?

Is it still healthy if I julienne and fry them?

>just had 100g of sweet potato
>all that sugar
>all those carbs

GOD FUCK

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

How? eggs are a good source of protein, and I don't drown then in fat, just a bitnof butter to crisp up the edges

>take healthy food
>fry it in saturated fat and mix it with cholesterol

ahh, le fat is le bad le meme

what is the health industry.

You need carbs to make gains! Like, am I Fucking crazy?! can't believe how retarded Veeky Forums is sometimes

ohh boy, sweet potato fries with bernaise is the shit!

Normals are fat-phobic
redditors are carbophobic

Taking the Veeky Forums pill is realizing a balanced diet of lean protein and veggies and oats is literally the best way to live life

>all fat is the same and none of it is unhealthy

>if you get it from natural sources, you're A-ok
>eats only liver for two weeks
>dies

Nothing natural about killing animals to only eat their livers

Oh but I do, user

Why are you eating anything other than oats, flax, dark leafy greens, seeds, nuts, grains, and fresh/frozen fruit?

Acceptable spices- tumeric, clove, ginger
Acceptable supplements- b12, D3
Acceptable adjuncts- amla powder, macha
Acceptable drinks- water, hibiscus, cold brew green tea

If you are putting anything else into your body, and I mean fucking anything then you are a complete fucking failure and a degenerate piece of shit.

>fat is bad for you meme
stay fat

Alright shut up now can we discuss the actual ways of eating sweet potato?

Myself I dice them up and bake them on 250 Celsius, adding rosemary elevates them from decent to fantastic.

eat them every day.
i just poke a bunch of holes in it, put olive oil on it, wrap it in a rag and put that shit in the microwave for 10 mins.

found the ketofag.
its ok bro youll learn soon that carbs arent the reason youre a fat fuck

So easy to tell you watch nutritionfacts. Nobody else would bring up amla and hibiscus.

I slice mine and cook them medium heat on the stove. I usually spray some coconut oil on the pan and a pinch of salt and pepper. I like it, but it could be better 2bh.

Also source on the anti aging in the OP?

I poke holes, wash it off and wrap it with a paper towel. Stick that bitch in the microwave for 5 minutes, and eat that bitch like an apple.

Any of you guys have anyways how I can improve my sweet potato (or lack of) recipe?

i mash them and cook a week's worth at a time and shovel them down my throat cold at work because i work out in the field

recently tho i've gotten sick of them so it's back to rice and cheez whiz

Slice and bake them until they're sweet and soft, take them out and let them cool, then eat them with peanut butter slathered on them

Red lentils, sweet potatoes and onions; perfect for bulking on a budget
>picrelated my trusty red lentils with choppee onions

How do you dice them?
They're super hard before putting them in the oven, it's literally impossible to cut em up

Wow thanks doctor oz you have the bestest momscience

>I was eating them everyday at one point then found out vitamin A poisoning is a thing.
All Vitamins can be poisonous you twat

You can literally OD on any vitamin if you tried.

You would be surprised

>start getting Veeky Forums
>clean up my diet
>cut out all mono sugars and junk food
>due to shitty country fresh fruit is hard as fuck to get and too expensive
>have to rely on fruit juices, which is fine because I cut down in calories in other areas to compensate for the fruit sucrose
>all my friends keep harping on about how im not actually being healthy because I drink some fruit juice every day and 'sugar = fat and bad'

Honestly a whole year of schooling should be dedicated to healthy eating these days.

>new science on meat is finding its not fats giving people heart disease but the lean red meat itself
Welp, im fucked
>eating two or more large bits of meat every day for years

Either I dice them like you do, or I do air dried chips

The chips are actually really really easy. You literally just cut them thin as you can and put them on baking paper, leave it until they dry out in the oven and boom. Crunchy yummy chips. Only problem is trying to cut them into shapes that dont look retarded

>>new science on meat is finding its not fats giving people heart disease but the lean red meat itself

It's both

The belief was that eating any level of fat was leading to increase chance of heart disease, but now we realize that isnt true at all.

Being obese will give you heart disease, which can be brought about by a high fat diet, but thats because of the calories, not because of a part of the fat that is clogging your arteries which eating red lean meat is responsible for.

tldr version just eat chicken. Its not only much better for you its also way better for the environment since mass chicken farming is the most efficient way to produce meat.

Mash these boys up super smooth and throw in some eggs with chickpea-flour, add salt and pepper and onions or whatever, scoop into a pan and fry those fuckers up. Goddamn amazing.
Best root vegetable 10/10

Too lazy to look up, and I love responses here, what about OD'ing on B12?

>The belief was that eating any level of fat was leading to increase chance of heart disease,

That belief lasted a few years among a small number of scientists over half a century ago when the science on diet and heart disease was just starting to be understood. We've known since the 50s that saturated fats uniquely increase heart disease risk while mono and poly-unsaturated fats decrease it, and we've known since at least the 90s that trans fats increase risk.

>Being obese will give you heart disease, which can be brought about by a high fat diet, but thats because of the calories, not because of a part of the fat that is clogging your arteries

Being obese increases risk. Eating saturated fats also increase risk by increasing the level of cholesterol circulating in your blood, which forms plaques that over time clog arteries. Polyunsaturated fats decrease risk by lowering cholesterol, while mono doesn't really do either.

bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

You can OD on literally anything you consume, the point isnt that you can its the fact that that user was silly to worry about OD'ing on any vitamin

Unless you're consuming well above your daily limit, and do that for months to years, you wont OD.

Think about it like this; you can safely consume a very very small amount of mercury. Your liver can actually filter it out of your system, but only slowly. Every time you eat fish you eat a trace amount of mercury, but you will probably never know about it because your body deals with those small amounts. But obviously if you had a huge tuna steak every day for a long time you would eventually get mercury poisoning since your body cant clear all the mercury you consume.

The same applies to vitamins, just on a longer and larger scale. If you consume 100x more than you need, every day, for years you will cause serious damage to your body eventually.

Go watch Should I Eat Meat?

Because your shit is all wrong

skin and dice
boil in pot
put a lil maple syrup on batch, just a little for flavor

i think it helps curb unhealthy sugar cravings

I used to take 5 hour energy shots before work in the morning and before a run, and those have 8333% DV B12, so I was curious. I kept this up for about 2-3 weeks straight, and then I noticed stomach problems so I cut down. Thanks for taking the time to actually educate me. Never knew that about fish.

Sounds like another dumbed down meme documentary. You shouldn't get your info from bullshit propaganda films.

acne

stm.sciencemag.org/content/7/293/293ra103

Huh. That's an interesting read.

Not him but it is a good site. Sometimes biased but still really good advice.

move

where the fuck do you live m8?

>eating a square piece of potato is different than eating a circle piece of potato

Polar bear liver is ric in vitamin A to the point that only a small amount will poison you to the extent that your skin sloughs off.

This is because vitamin A promotes cell division, so an overdose makes your cells reproduce like mad and improperly, kind of like cancer, so your skin gets pushed off by new layers that aren't attached properly or fully matured and you kind of melt.

you can throw all the pseudoscience you want at me user but Im not going to stop eating polar bear liver

Does anyone else here farm their own potatoes for the lulz?

Imagine growing your own

Moderation: if you had any you'd know when not to be an asshat

Sweet potatoes don't contain vitamin A, they contain some kind of carotene (maybe more than one) which your body can convert to vitamin A should it need more vitamin A, otherwise the rest gets discarded. The most obvious effect of eating lots of carotenes is yellow-orange-red skin color which appears to be harmless and goes away after eating fewer carotenes. Retinol on the other hand is a form of vitamin A that you can get poisoning from. It is found in liver, supplements, and is added to foods to fortify them with vitamin A (people don't like yellow-orange-red milk so carotenes aren't added to milk while retinol is).

Beta Carotene is fat soluble like vitamin A right? If beta carotene is protovitamin A, doesn't the extra stuff just get stored in your fat cells for later use?

Some does get stored (this is why adult fat is yellow in color while babies fat is white), but it's also excreted through sweat, urine, shit, etc.
Carotenosis is reversed by just eating fewer carotenes.

Can can survive on a (aweet) potato only diet without major problems, shit's not toxic in basically any amount.

Purple da best.
They taste better too.

>slow down aging process

[citation needed]

>tfw eat sweet potatoes, various vegetables, beans, legumes, fruit, and black rice everyday

feels good being a vegan

I know I'll live to 100+. I can't wait to see all you meat eaters die of heart attacks at 70.

how the fuck do i make them taste good? I tried making baked fries but they shrink or take for fucking ever. I've been steaming and just eating them mashed but its the worst fucking food.

But thousands of studies show that fat is terrible for you...

Stop reading keto blogs

>Filled with carbs
>Carbs make you fat if you dont burn them off immediatley

ill stick to chicken thanks

Hi mom, how'd you find this website?

With skin on, lightly cover in your choice of oil, sprinkle salt. stab it sever times with a fork.
Throw in toaster oven on high for 45-50min.
Tastes like candy.