Increasing my squat makes me faster, r-right guys?

Increasing my squat makes me faster, r-right guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

tim.blog/2017/05/07/ryan-flaherty/
youtube.com/watch?v=onUDYr8q0TM
youtu.be/P-XYS7wYz2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also interested to know

Has little carryover to run speed

But there is still carryover, no? :^)

It makes your poo time faster. So theres that.

are you retarded? do you not understand basic physics?

giving me conflicting opinions friendos

mass =/= speed

Running is more complicated than just having leg strength.

but bigger squat=more explosive/more powerful riiiiiight?

yes. If you combine it with plyometrics after you can squat at least 3pl8

To a certain extent, yes!

All lifting/exercise exists on a "Force Velocity Curve"!

What this means is that for early trainees, a rising tide will lift all boats: If you can generate more muscular force, you'll potentially be able to run faster!

Now, as you get stronger, there will be diminishing returns on this principle, and after a certain point, you'll be better off moving from purely training for maximum strength effort (heavy squats, front squats, etc.) down to strength-speed work (prowler pushes, sled drags, etc.), pure power training (less loaded oly lifting and the like), speed-strength work (parachute sprints, very light sled drags) and ultimately, maximum velocity training. (Sprints, etc.)

And along the way, you'll probably want to have a good T&F coach helping you to make sure you've got optimal form! Running fast is a skill, after all!

Hope this helps!

You should do plyo also and train explosively. Absolute strength has a little carryover, but when combined with other training, the affect is big.

thank u ;) ;)

do pylos, explosive training with strength training in phases. don't believe rippletoe

where do the diminishing returns start to happen:?

A high force doesn't always correlate with a high velocity.

true

Hex-bar deadlift relative to bodyweight is actually a remarkably strong predictor of speed.
Source: This talk, the guy being interviewed developed this understanding through a great deal of coaching experience.
>tim.blog/2017/05/07/ryan-flaherty/

If you want to focus on a lift to increase speed, prioritize the hex-bar deadlift.

Yes, a higher squat/bw ratio can make you a faster sprinter. But you have to actually practice sprinting as well.

It has no effect on distances longer than a sprint.

why does it piss me off when someone uses exclamtion marks when is not necessary?

These guys have it right. I play DII college football and the guys with the best squat/hex bar deadlift to bw ratio usually have the fastest 40s.

>you need to practice sprinting to be fast
slowlet detected

Worthy of note: The hex-deadlift isn't just correlated with sprint speed and nothing else. The coach interviewed has experience making marathon runners faster through lifting as well.

so I should aim for a 2 times squat bodyweight to maximise my sonic speed?

speed is mostly genetics, if you're slow now, you're always going to be slow

>peach arms
Thank you for not killing me.

cuz you hate yourself

The fastest guys on the team are around 2.5× bw hex bar deadlift

Was just listening to this podcast this morning. Great stuff. The dct proflex thing looks interesting too, I want to try and ghetto rig one at homw.

How many hex bars do you think Amazon sold in the week after it came out?

No squats will not make you a faster sprinter. For back squats there was even one study that came out which suggested it could make you slower, that was if you started in an already athletic state.

The two exercises shown to increase 100m sprint the fastest are hip thrusts and jump squats, not jump-squat not squat.

oh

so should I quit the speed stuff now and just kill myself?

so much conflicting info, who do I listen to ;(

guis

Anecdotal, but I definitely got much faster after squatting and improving leg strength. Had always been average to slow, but recently noticed I had become much faster over sprints than all my friends.

Harry Aikines front squatting 200kg, just an fyi, you get stronger on your FS by improving your back squat.

Strength expressed quickly is power.

youtube.com/watch?v=onUDYr8q0TM

>How many hex bars do you think Amazon sold in the week after it came out?
five

touche

youtu.be/P-XYS7wYz2I
Yes

fuk off u friendly faggot