Will one of these fuck my door frame up? Anyone use them?

Will one of these fuck my door frame up? Anyone use them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHjB--dv-nE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Those things are the spawn of satan, dont go near them my friend. Me and my roommate had one of those and it ended up me fucking up my knees and the door frame got obliterated

how do they hurt knees?

Worth trying

He fell and got a boo boo

I love mine but yeah it leaves marks and small indentations on the door frame

Piece of shit fell from the frame and I landed on my knees

Be very very careful with how you nail in that one little metal piece into the top of the door frame. It cracked on me and I ended up landing onto the backside of a couch one time when I was testing mine out.

I recommend not using that little metal part. I've used mine consistently for the past 5 years without it on the same doorframe with absolutely no damage done to it

(Cont)

This is the metal piece I'm referring to

I landed onto the backside of a couch and my back pretty much hyper extended and it was probably the worst pain I have ever felt.

That's why you only bend your knees enough to clear the floor. No need to keep them at 90. I'm 6'1 and I just make sure my feet don't drag.

Trust me I am more than well aware of that now, time does not heal

>No need to keep them at 90
>I'm 6'1
Wanna know how I know you're a lying manlet

I used to have a beautiful 3 bedroom home, until one of these fuckers brought down the whole place. stay away from this godless creation

If it has these flat door frames like in the pic, then no it won't fuck it up. If it has these little ledges on the sides like some older doors then, just put old socks over the parts that press against the doorframe.

But... it's true. Actual tall people know this.

>rule 1
do not have a shitty doorframe built by niggers who can't into finishing nails
>rule 2
steady, fairly slow reps

I weigh 200lb, have done reps on it with 60lb extra in a backpack. Don't go fuckin crazy and you should be fine. great for greasing the groove. god tier for getting the kind of muscle in your lats normally isolated to working. think of how a mechanic gets freakish grip from turning wrenches all day. do a short set every few minutes while at home and you'll build some fuckin torque very quickly.

>great for greasing the groove
Kill yourself immediately

Left a mark and bent wood in my fancy door frame, but I rent a 1970s decor shit hole, so landlord wont care and I've got no deposit anyway, everything is 10 times more solid than the 2010 refurb jobs I've lived in

Didn't leave a mark in the wood at my old flat, although marked paint in old flat with flat door frame like your pictured.

Advice... Tape up the ends of the foam against the frame with electrical tape to prevent splitting and leaving a black mark or scratching paint as when the foam breaks against the door frame it will mark paint and leave a circular impression... And the foam will shear after a few weeks use.

Don't let landlord or pissy estate agent see you using one. Because 1 out of 3 will argue the toss to replace all door frame for £500

Why?

>not greasing the groove
Ha. He thinks muscle memory isn't a thing.
Good luck building your form when you only do a couple dozen reps once a week.

put masking tap behind the black bar at the top or it can leave a black smudge

>gotta confuse da mussels brreh

lmaoo

Do not buy them.
Do not install them.
Do not use them.

They are pure fucking cancer.

they are fine

I've used one for the past 2 years with no problems. Make sure to keep a slow and controller movement, no kipping bs. Recently I've started hanging rings from the bar.

No gains for you

jjjjj

I used to have one. I don't use it anymore.

Completely fucked the door frame. It feel off when I was hanging from it more than once.

any other suggestions on how to do chin ups at home?

those ones in the pic are fine. They will not break the doorframe and will not fall down (if used correctly).
They will however leave black marks and small dents on the frame, but its not going to fucking tear the entire door frame down.

And they will only fall on them if you do stupid shit on them. Running and jumping on to them, or trying to do flips while holding on or stupid flipping/momentum exercises will probably cause them to fall, however you have to be restarted to first, being doing those stupid exercises, secondly; not understanding how they hatch onto the wall (force on one side will not move the device, however movement in the other direction will make the device move with ease).

They are about as dangerous as the squat rack in your gym (i.e. not dangerous if you are not retarded). If you actually get one the only fear you will have is that the device will snap. They are not like normal bars you do pullups on, this bar bends and flexes, however you get used to it, and 100% it will not snap (had dad hang from it and he weighs a fuckton)

how do you close your door

I've got one like this for over a year and it never fell off

I've got one of those and it's great but it mutilated my doorframe

How?

join us over at BWG

Cover up the parts that touch the doorframe or this will happen. If it does happen, just paint over it.

put a sock over the part where it will rub against the doorframe, found this out after a year of using where it ubbed some paint off the door frame.

other than that these are pretty good, especially if you do no bullshit strict pull ups all the way up and down, lats will get big fast if you do 2-3 everyday then more

I gave mine away to my cousin after we moved into this mobile home with wall frame that were to thin for the bar to hold up on, he's making great lat gains now.

>not understanding how they hatch onto the wall (force on one side will not move the device, however movement in the other direction will make the device move with ease).
This

Also note that what you see on wood doors is not the door frame itself, but trim to make the door look proper. The actual framing is underneath the casing (molding on the walls) and jamb (the side perpendicular to both walls), and the jamb may be right up against the frame or it could be a good 1-1/2" away from it depending on how close they made the rough in and it may be closer on one side than the other. The casing might be nailed into the studs depending on where they nailed and how long of nails they used but most often they are just held in place with short finish nails that only go into drywall or plaster and a little bit of painter's caulk. Such doorways can either be super sturdy or not very sturdy at all, depending upon a lot of things.

Doorways made of a single metal piece like the one in OP are significantly stronger and should not have any issues. You usually see them in dorms or medical settings.

No matter the door you will end up with scuff marks, either get paint to cover them up afterwards or put something in between contact points, but even those can leave marks depending upon what you use.

The easiest way to get rid of indents is to put a material in place to build up the indent, can be a wide variety of things; drywall joint mud, drywall texture, two part epoxy tube paste, bondo, wood filler, I have even seen toothpaste. Then sand to match surrounding surface and paint over top.

they're structurally sound
the vertical beams take the pressure
if they can hold a floor they can hold you

do you REALLY think the vertical beams of a door hold the floor????

if you remove those beams, the wall/house will collapse?

you are retarded.

Bows my friend,bows

>It feel off

tfw

It broke my door frame but the landlord never noticed

I think you're lost buddy

Depends on your door frame. I've used mine all the way up to when I weighed 260, didn't break the door.

Only hang on it facing the door. I once hung on mine the other way and it came looks and I fell on my back mid hanging leg raise.

Winded myself and it scared the fuck out of me.

This. I had to paint over my door frames twice already. Not a bad thing, but will happen.

this

these creatures are a monument to mans arrogance. give them an inch and they will take a mile, half your inheritance, and your children.

I must be one of the few that likes these. Back when I was DYEL they helped me build the strength to do a pullup, which was a big achievement back then. They will fuck up your frame a bit, but if you're in a mediocre apartment like me you won't even care. Didn't have any problems with them coming dislodged either.

Just wrap rhe points of contact (at the front where the bars hit the doorframe) with washcloths desu.

you haven't got a clue buddy
reply again, make an ass of yourself

if you're a fat shit like I was then yeah it will, I have a similar story to

It absolutely fucked up my doorframe. Still using it though since it's already fucked.

Don't live in a shit house and you'll be fine.
I have it set up so there are 3 points of contact unlike what's pictured OP.

that's asking for trouble.

That's the worst pain you've ever felt.
I hate to break it to you but you are a pussy.

Mechanic and br/o/ here. Can confirm freakish chimp-like grip from breaking old bolts loose and working at absolutely retarded angles. Also have one of these bars. Shattered the shit tier plaster around the door frame in old apt, but it's just perfect in the current one. Don't be an idiot like me, check your door frame beforehand.

Get the one with dildo heads on the ends for extra kicks

thanks for the laugh, you are totally clueless how structures work

t. structure expert

kinda, im a civl engineer

I've used one in multiple apartments and it always does something bad to the frame.
How badly it damages the frame really depends on how cheap and shitty the apartment is.

doesnt really mean its shitty. it's an internal wall, not supossed to be loaded with that kind of weight,

I don't know man, new apartments here in murica are pretty cheap and shitty.
We're one step away from making everything out of cardboard.

oh yea, true that. i forget different countries use different building methods

This is safe, right...?

nigga...

what am i looking at ?

You should probably increase the length of the perpendicular bars since the handles are pointing up a bit.

I actually have one but im not very good at doing pullups/ chinups yet. how do i get better at them? to be clear i just starting working out again after kind of a long break and i might be a little rusty, do i just build my strength the good ol fashion way first until it gets easier?

youtube.com/watch?v=nHjB--dv-nE

seconded

like 4 trim nails the size of pencil leads hold that fucker to the wall lol

can confirm have the same one and it hasnt budged since installing (i weigh 220). It will slowly destroy your doorframe one way or another

Don't get it if you don't want to ruin your door frames

yes and yes

Get a stool or something to rest your feet on and do jackknife pull ups, as well as negatives

Unless you are a fat fuck you will be fine. If you wanna go beyond humanity mode just do doorframe pullups.

BBC pull-ups

Will fuck up wooden doorframes in old houses.

Messed up mine about 100 year old house.

rings are awesome. just added them recently to a bar I've had up for years in my apartment without issues. good for dips.

I assume people who have had problems either had shitty door frames or they're fatties.

>jackknife pull ups
Whats the benefit of a jacknife over a regular? Just to build strength to do regular?

Have had one for several years now.
Use it on the same door frame the entire time
Weighed 250 when I started using it.
Never had a single problem.

They're fine if you just make sure to set it up proper

>nailed it into the wall

What the fuck. They're designed so you can remove it at will why would you nail it in place?

Install one of these.
Can work on forearm as well.

ive seen weak doorframes break like on 3 occasions. they were shitty wood held up by tiny nails. but i dont think the plastic/metal leaves marks on the doorframe if thats what u mean

Had one of these for a few months before I decided it was a mistake. Two things:

The foam pads on either side wear away quickly, so you'll need a backup to prevent damaging the door jamb. I wrapped them in old tshirts.

Unless you are freakishly narrow, the width of the door forces your grip inward. The close grip makes it easier on your lats, IMHO defeating the purpose of pull ups.