Advice on routine without leg day

Hello fit

I cycle 40minutes everyday so I don't really have the energy to be doing a leg day with that being said, I would like a routine where I can have two on, one day off.

The routine is as follows, please critique it for me.

Day 1 chest and biceps
Day 2 abs triceps and traps
Day 3 off
Day 4 back and biceps
Day 5 shoulders and abs
Day 6 off

Thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iL7DdAKnAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do legs

I cycle every day so let's say I was doing legs on a Monday I would already be tired for that session, and furthermore it would effect my cycling for the next two days.

Combine squats with something else into one day

Do legs.

Kill yourself you scum. A man who does not squat is a waste of oxygen

Any real help would be appreciated

Try doing legs.

Just do heavy db step ups first every time you work out.
Regular and Patterson step up.

>work back, traps, triceps, chest, and shoulders once a week
>work biceps and abs twice a week
Just do a push/pull, OP.

day 1: Pull (lats, traps, biceps)
day 2: push (chest, triceps, shoulders)
day 3: off
day 4: pull (lats, traps, biceps)
day 5: push (chest, triceps, shoulders)
day 6: off

Thanks for the reply user, that seems like a really good idea.

Would this be okay for pull day

Deadlifts
Pull downs (I cant do pull ups yet)
Rows
Shrugs
Bicep Curls (with either barbell or dumbbell)
Abs

For Push day
Bench Press
Inclince dumbell press
Tricep rope pushdowns
Skulls crushers
overhead tricep extensions
side delt raises
rear delt flyes

>(I cant do pull ups yet)

Then you start by doing negative pull ups.

Doing legs once every two weeks isn't going to do much OP.

>Pull
>Deadlifts
>Doesn't want to train legs

Oh boy

After i wrote that I realized I probably won't do deadlifts.

Is the rest of the routine okay?
Is there any use in training them that infrequently at all though?

Are pull downs not better for now

I cycle 1hr every day and still squat 3x a week

If you dont have energy, eat more retard

7-8 sec negative pull ups past failure and reverse curls. You should be able to do 1-2 real pull ups are after a week or 2.

Thanks bro i'll do that

youtube.com/watch?v=0iL7DdAKnAc

mark about faggots like you literally about cyclists

Squatting and deadlifting 1 time a week and occasional calves work isn't enough for legs?

Holy shit A WHOLE 40 MINUTES? I think no human ever worked that hard, I'm impressed that you even lift at all

why are you doing a brosplit, the least effective possible training split?

i don't even have a problem with you not wanting to train legs, it's your body and your effort investment, but why the fuck would you ever do a brosplit in 2017 when we have all this evidence that it's inferior to routines that hit muscle groups more often?

Post your non-brosplit body

I never said I was an athlete. Yes I cycle because its fun. Who the fuck is this balding, inbred, fat, redneck piece of shit with a machete in a gym.

Well I did ask for advice and the kind user who suggested the pull push routine, is the one i will be following.

find a push/pull/legs program you like and just skip the legs... but really, you should be doing legs, and cycling is no excuse, i used to do 300 km per week (which isnt that much but certainly more than 40 mins per day) and 4 days of lifting, now one last thing about doing legs that might seem controversial around here, you dont need to do legs hardcore, but you really should do them, do variations, lighter excercises, switch it up, but do them

Doing squat make you better at cycling, not vise versa. Consider doing legs.

>40minutes everyday
thats fuck all I use to cycle 20-40km daily it aint like you're on a TT bike sprinting like a madman

get good faggot

Your legs will be tired and weak because you don't squat, not because you squat.

Thanks lads I'll try and incoperate them.

As a manlet (1,68m) I do legs but controlling the wheight. It's very easy for us to reach T-Rex mode so we need to be careful.

>don't wanna change a pair of jeans every month

Piggybacking off and to recommend

Push 1
Pull 1
X
Push 2
Pull 2
X
X

>Push 1
Squat 531
OHP 531
Bench 5x5
>Pull 1
Weighted chinups 531
Snatch grip deadlifts 5x5
Rows 5x5
>Push 2
Bench 531
OHP 5x5
Light front squats 3x3, sort of like recovery day in TM but really light
>Pull 2
Deadlift 531
Rows
Chinups

keep doing that but its not a substitute for strength training your legs

Why not do:
>Push
>Pull
>Cycling
>Rest
>Push
>Pull
>Legs
>Rest

i cycle about 1hr+ a day to and from uni, I still do legs twice a week. Strength training legs is different to intensive cycling, basically it's different muscle fibers you're training with each activity. Cycling (and using exercise bikes etc) trains endurance and energy management in your muscles, helps quicken lactic acid removal, etc. Strength training helps strengthen and multiply the muscle fibers themselves and will also help to build muscles that aren't activated much by the cycling motion (particularly those on the sides of your legs, not just the front/back).

So basically do both, skipping leg day because you cycle a lot is a bit like skipping arms because you play tennis, sure you're using your muscles but they're never going to get bigger unless you progressively strength train them with specific exercises.

/thread

dl once a week? yes
squat once a week? no. not really. do it at least twice a week, one day volume, one day intensity, and you can throw some light weights in between and do only a couple of sets (which you can also front squat because the weight is lighter)

monday - 5 x 5, ~85% of your one rep max
wednesday - 2 x 5-8 of front squats, reduced weight, maybe ~75% of your back squat one rep max, if you can
friday - 1 heavy set, 5+ AMRAP

also, this way you can cycle on tuesday and still be able to do a workout on wednesday with lighter weight, especially if you do back squats and not front squats which i mentioned

and you'd have enough rest to hit one heavy set on friday if you skip cycling on thurdsday and just rest that day

do legs

and squats will make your cycling (and everything else you do) much better too, because squats are GOAT and you are not living unless you squat

t. squat every day

dont be a pussy

This is basically what I do for push day, takes about an hour 20 minutes tops to finish routine. I recommend face pulls though and alternate raises for shoulders

>don't wanna change a pair of jeans every month

Dude. You're supposed to change your clothes. Do you shower once a month too?

>knows how to black out comments
>can't crop out FB interface

Really gets your neurons firing