Started BJJ this past week. I'm shit (expected) but it's fun and I can't wait to go again...

Started BJJ this past week. I'm shit (expected) but it's fun and I can't wait to go again. But my muscles are fucking aching- my abs, upper back and hips especially. Besides stretching & plenty of water what else can I do to relieve soreness? I hear bananas are good for it too

LOOKS LIKE MEATS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

You'll get used to it. It's the same with any sport, muay thai your hips ache from rotating when kicking, boxing your elbows ache from snapping out your arms, lifting you get DOMS the first couple of weeks. It's all the same it just wears down over time

bjj or other fun sports like climbing, other martial arts or parkour make you 1000times more fit than lifting weights
discuss

cardio fitness maybe. Those guys can't move a couch or carry large stones.

Just get back in and train more.
The more frequently you train, the less sore you'll be with time. Added benefit: You'll probably be less spazzy on the mats if you lack energy, meaning you'll focus more on being technical!

Alpinid women = semen demons

It takes a healthy balance of both to be truly fit. Lifting without cardio or flexibility is useless unless you just want to be big. High intensity sports such as combat sports will get you lean and athletic but you'll be small. Lifting, cardio & shit like yoga or meditation to relieve your stress are the perfect balance.

yogaforbjj

look into it

I am thinking about starting bjj. What did you do in your first lesson?

It honestly just comes with time. Make sure your diet has some good anti-inflammatory foods in it (tumeric, garlic, olive oil, bone broth, etc.). The hips are 100% just because they haven't been stretched so dynamically before. It'll go away after two months.

Good job on making the leap, now just commit and keep going! Hope to see you on the mats at Mundials user.

Your first lesson just tends to be whatever the class is doing. Most likely some variation of a kimura, armbar, or maybe a triangle. If it's a defensive day, sweeps or guard passes.

Did they keep the japanese names for everything? Seems kinda annoying

Hey, i really want to do BJJ aswell, and right now im just preparing so i don't gas out within a minute of rolling. im doing alot of running, abdominal work and yoga classes, but i was wondering if heavy lifting works well together with doing BJJ 3 times a week? i miss strength training, but i feel it will work against any BJJ skill (muscle build for endurance and long times under tension). am i right in this?

>m just preparing so i don't gas out within a minute of rolling
You will gas out anyway, but here's my advice: don't panic
A lot of these came from judo or other gook martial art. No reason to rename, it's the original.
>heavy lifting works well together with doing BJJ 3 times a week
No, you will underperform either in the gym, or on the mat
>im doing alot of running
Won't help much, you need specific endurance rather than general
>abdominal work
Elaborate
>yoga classes
Good, that'll help

Work on movement, defense and breathing. You mostly get winded because you are struggling to move out or to another position. Attack when you have your position first. Try to learn what NOT to do. Everyone wants to put there hands near peoples necks and pull off some choke. Submissions aren't done on accidentally. (To a trained person at least) Stretch, stay hydrated and don't burn yourself out. (Start working on cross collar choke setup variations.)

OP here. We did mount hip escape my first day. Second day we did armbars.

Honestly just work on flexibility. Being loose and having good coordination is more important that anything else. I lifted 3-4 times a week and did cardio about the same amount but they don't help when it comes to explosive bursts that BJJ requires or being able to shrimp.

It's only been a week but I can tell anyone who's thinking about doing it to be completely open to any criticism and be prepared to do the same shit over and over. It sucks being the new guy but if you can check your Pride at the door you'll have fun

Who here lifts as well as bjj training?

How do you fit your routine together? Do you lift and train on the same day and then have rests every other day, or do you alternate and train one day and lift the next, maybe with rest days on the weekend?

I started bjj a couple of weeks ago, and want to start lifting too, but I'm not sure how to fit them together.

Potassium helps. Which yes comes from bananas

So go deep throat some bananas.

Average? She's gorgeous
To me shes "Worth coming inside for" territory

Anybody?

>falling for pasta

I lmao'st'd

Kys, my man

Im new here

But tbf that is a good one

im pretty sure people training seriously in stuff like wrestling can lift the couch and throw it few meters

the more regularly you train, the sooner it will go away.
dont worry about it, the soreness will go away and (for the most part) stay away in time