Completely grew out of smoking weed

>Completely grew out of smoking weed

What did you achieve this week?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0009279708001075
link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4684-0823-2_3#page-1
nap.edu/catalog/24625/the-health-effects-of-cannabis-and-cannabinoids-the-current-state,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you finally turn 18?

You call that an achievement? Come back when you're a man, boy

I started smoking weed again.

Where do I sign the formulas for becoming a big boy man?

The retards on Veeky Forums might not get this yet, but what you did is actually a really good thing. I used to smoke weed like everyday whenever I got out of the army and was going to college.

Eventually I realized that all the adults / early 20 somethings who smoked weed were basically all tools or really immature. I put it away and, even though it's sometimes tempting, I still haven't done it since.

That was over 6 years ago. Haven't really looked back. Now I'm fit, a lot smarter, in better control of my mood, and much more successful

i did that 4 months ago. I used to smoke every time i went out with my friends and they still smoke when we're all together and they smoke like 5-6g a night.
at one point I just started feeling like utter shit when i'd smoke, didnt enjoy the feeling of being high anymore and i'd just overthink stuff and argue with myself in my head. I had a voice in my head i couldnt control putting me down and making me feel like a disgusting piece of shit. I found it pretty funny because i had absolutely no control over it, but on the other hand i would feel absolutely disgusted by myself and its not a good feel. So yea i stopped smoking all together and im much happier and productive.
You made the right choice.

regular weed use is a necessary trait of the ubermensch male

Nothing says ubermensch like paying $60+ a week to fill your lungs with cancer smoke

I taught my 22 month old son how to operate a scredriver and fix his own goddamn toys.

That is - if he breaks something, he brings it to me and fetches a screwdriver.

i'm with you. i'm 26 and any of my friends/acquaintances who still smoke weed regularly are still super immature; like they never really grew up past 19.

Anyone have low tolerance to cannabis? I thought I lost my mind. I felt I was high for 8 days, the first days were fun, like spinning on a chair after awhile you just want to stop. I felt like I couldn't wake up from a bad dream for 8 days. Maybe I just have mental issues, never again.

Signed up for fall semester, updated my wardrobe. Spring grades came in--total GPA 3.86. Told a girl who friendzoned me (that i was in love with) that we can't be friends. Scheduled my first doctor's appointment in 4 years, meditated 25 minutes every day this week, read 1/2 of Crime and Punishment.

>smoking 6g a week regularly
Its like you don't want to have a life

you mean cancer and other disease curing smoke? that has been used by humanity for thousands of years and only recently banned thanks to retard americans? very ubermensch indeed

It's actually kind of sad because a lot of those friends still don't get why I don't come around anymore, but it's really just part of growing up. You're better than what they have to offer because you're going places they aren't, and there's nothing wrong with that.

>$60 = 6 g

It's like you smoke dirt weed.

>be 30
>smoke a joint at least three times a day for last 10 years
>lost 30kilos during age 23
>working for international company
>growing my own
>making oil for cancer patients
>steady gf 8 years younger than me (3yr relationship)
>hobbies include volounteer work for ministry of education (work with children), techno parties and DJ-ing (gigs on average 300+ people having good time), meditation, gym for past three months..
>easily triggered obviously
>modest

You are right, I am a fucking degenerate.
Shame on me, my thirld world weed fueled ambition and my desire to help those less fortunate.

Drugs are a cstalyst. Like roids. If you are an asshole on certain drugs or on roids you will have those traits increased. However if you are a structured person you will not blame other things for lack of your success.

tl:dr weed is not shitty, your personality is

>It's like you smoke dirt weed.

it's like you have shit hookups

Give me one credible, peer-reviewed source that shows smoking weed (or smoking anything for that matter) cures diseases.

This kind of bullshit is why you stoners aren't taken seriously.

Give me one credible, peer-reviewed source that shows smoking weed (or smoking anything non-tobacco for that matter) causes cancer.

This kind of bullshit is why you straight edge faggots aren't taken seriously.

Good job bro.

>Well I get pussy and have a job, and I volunteer - I'm great AND smoke weed!

I'm glad that you're doing stuff with your life, but what you're failing to realize is that you're doing it in spite of smoking weed - not because of it.
Smoking weed 3 times a day still makes you a fucking tool. Do you have any idea what happens if you get pulled over while driving if you smell like weed? Your whole "my life is go great" argument goes into the fucking toilet.

Ok. sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0009279708001075

link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4684-0823-2_3#page-1

Wu, T. C., Tashkin, D. P., Djahed, B., & Rose, J. E. (1988). Pulmonary hazards of smoking marijuana as compared with tobacco. New England Journal of Medicine, 318(6), 347-351.

Mehra, R., Moore, B. A., Crothers, K., Tetrault, J., & Fiellin, D. A. (2006). The association between marijuana smoking and lung cancer: a systematic review. Archives of internal medicine, 166(13), 1359-1367.

Hall, W., & Solowij, N. (1998). Adverse effects of cannabis. The Lancet, 352(9140), 1611-1616.

Hashibe, M., Ford, D. E., & Zhang, Z. F. (2002). Marijuana smoking and head and neck cancer. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 42(S1).

I can do this all day, but I know you're not going to look this stuff. It's a lot easier to smoke pot and talk with all your friends about how weed is a magic "disease curing" drug instead of opening a fucking book and reading something.

Your arrogant and condescending attitude along with your ignorance is practically intolerable and all you've done with your post is prove OP / user's point that stoners are fucking idiots.

Same. Broke a month break and was like "this stuff sucks"

I don't smoke weed anymore you fucking idiot. Read my post.

Also, weed wasn't $10 a G where I lived 10 years ago.

Holy shit, i mean good job on the citing but i would fail your ass for only using references that are more than a decade old, 4/10 poor organisational structure, grammar errors and colloquial language.

You are taking this too seriously, unsurprisingly. I have the largest peer reviewed study done on marijuana ever, available at nap.edu/catalog/24625/the-health-effects-of-cannabis-and-cannabinoids-the-current-state, that has found no link between marijuana and cancer after looking through hundreds of studies.

You are free to believe whatever you want however. Arguing with some shithead Veeky Forums autist is not worth the time of an ubermensch male

That study literally says that their is a link between marijuana and cancer, in Chapter 5: Cancer. The 2nd sentence.

Most people don't smoke pure and usually grind up like 0.3-0.5g and mix it with tobacco and then smoke. So essentially cancelling the oh so praised "muh cancer cure" effect. Not neglecting the health benefits but it isn't some kind of wonder potion that let's you do all the other unhealthy stuff like eating a completely shit diet and smoking cigs while being a 24/7 sedentary faggot

Other than that: Most people smoke weed because of the high and not because of the health benefits
Why? Because most smokers live unhappy or outright shit lives filled with depression, anxiety, mental problems and so forth
People who really feel a need to have weed in their life are either too stupid or too weak of a mind to find other and more longlasting things to make them happy. Somebody who is content and productive in life doesn't need that shit. Not saying there are no people who really just smoke once in a while for fun or because of the calm while still having a fulfilled life and of course there'll be consumers who are all about that health. But those don't make up the majority. Not even close.
And from what i've gathered the oil that can be won from cannabis is what contains the health benefits, essentially dismantling the argument of smoking it.

I don't remember

>The evidence suggests that smoking cannabis does not increase the risk for certain cancers (i.e., lung, head and neck) in adults.

Thats the 1st sentence you retard

>The evidence suggests that smoking cannabis does not increase the risk for certain cancers (i.e., lung, head and neck) in adults.

>There is modest evidence that cannabis use is associated with one subtype of testicular cancer.

I pulled 385 for a double and two singles easily.

>compared with participants who had reported never using cannabis, those who reported using cannabis more than 50 times at baseline had a statistically significant risk of developing lung cancer (hazard ratio [HR], 2.12, 95% CI = 1.08–4.14) after adjusting for tobacco and alcohol use and other confounders

Again, you're just proving my point.

There are no grammatical errors, those sources are cited perfectly (which I know, because I payed attention in college and actually pulled those citations from a research databse), and you have no understanding of research methods if you think that suddenly people don't get cancer anymore from marijuana because something a study is ten years old.

Again, you shitbags are just proving my point. It took less than 45 seconds to din that in a research database. I don't think it's that "I'm taking this too seriously" so much as you just like poisoning your body and spreading misinformation about it in order to defend your fragile ego because you don't take it seriously enough.

Unsuprisingly, I actually looked at that article and ...

> I have the largest peer reviewed study done on marijuana ever, available at nap.edu/catalog/24625/the-health-effects-of-cannabis-and-cannabinoids-the-current-state, that has found no link between marijuana and cancer after looking through hundreds of studies.

Is not at all true. It not only discusses links between marijuana and cancer, but also links marijuana users as being more likely to experience injury and death than populations who don't smoke through multiple longitudinal studies of over ten years:

>...for a mean length of 10 years. Compared to men who never smoked or who smoked experimentally (i.e., cannabis use on one to six occasions), those who were current smokers were at a significantly increased risk of all-cause mortality after adjusting for several potential confounders, including cigarette smoking, alcohol use, and demographic and socioeconomic factors (relative risk [RR], 1.33, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.11–1.59). Notably, among men who currently smoked cannabis, the relative risk of mortality due to AIDS was significantly elevated (RR, 1.90, 95% CI = 1.33–2.73),

Also, you fail at understanding Nietzsche.

>slightly higher risk of non-seminoma (harmless) tumors

put down the joint dude :^)

>not smoking a gram of oil every few days

Yeah nothing's more ubermensch than trying to dismiss user's due diligence of posting up like 4 peer reviewed studies by throwing one up that you found on google that you didn't read.

The fact that you couldn't read a simple article and tried to pass it off as if it said something completely different than what's in like the third chapter makes me very skeptical of this:

I smoke like every 3rd month or something, gonna get high as fuck next tuesday and celebrate a school term being over, gym is closed that day aswell anyway so even better.

Smoking marijuana is bad for you
>Nuh uh it cures disease
Smoking marijuana does not cure disease, it causes cancer. Just like smoking anything
>prove it.
*posts articles that prove it*
>Well good job but if this was school i'd fail you for grammar errors and colloquial language
We're not in school you fucking dipshit.

Also, "grammar errors" is a grammatical error.

This is why nobody takes you fucking idiots seriously.

I actually have read most of that article. It's from 2017, comprehensive and contains most studies done on cannabis, finding conclusively that it is not harmful in any major way, beneficial as treatment for many diseases, and much less harmful than other traditionally used substances. Take the time to look at it and you may learn something.

This whole tread is basically living proof of this:

D U D E
U
D
E

When you're done being a condescending prick and supposedly sharing your ubermensch wisdom with everybody, you might want to actually read that study.

>>>...for a mean length of 10 years. Compared to men who never smoked or who smoked experimentally (i.e., cannabis use on one to six occasions), those who were current smokers were at a significantly increased risk of all-cause mortality after adjusting for several potential confounders, including cigarette smoking, alcohol use, and demographic and socioeconomic factors (relative risk [RR], 1.33, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.11–1.59). Notably, among men who currently smoked cannabis, the relative risk of mortality due to AIDS was significantly elevated (RR, 1.90, 95% CI = 1.33–2.73),

Lol at this fucking guy...

Are you serious right now? Referring to yourself as an "Ubermensch male?"

You are a totally conceited and delusional asshole.

This.

Quads of truth.

Am I supposed to be surprised that people die? Many weed users tend to use other drugs that are harmful, leading to increased mortality risk. Congratulations on being able to cherry pick lines from a 500 page article. Read the rest and you may cure yourself from your harmful case of projective autism

Weed users seem to all be SJWs, they turn so vicious if you suggest life is even possible without it. Almost like a drug addict, really activates my almonds.

I also do speed and lsd and mdma and shrooms but in way lesser ammounts than weed.
My buggest addiction was food. Kicking that out made me pinpoint many addiction pitfalls and once you kick an addiction successfully you are way better at others.

I admitt, I would like to stop smoking so much weed, but completely stop it? not in this mindset, maybe later, when i grow up a bit. But it does not reduce my contribution to community / societt, that's all I want to point out. Drugs are not to blame, people are.
If you cant handle it, don't.

Worked a bunch, went back to the gym after a week-and-a-half off, and still drinking every day.

So no, I didn't achieve anything.

It's just becoming more and more clear that you didn't read the complete article.

In all seriousness though, you need my thanks.

Sometimes while I'm at home, or on a rainy summer weeknight, I think to myself - "Maybe you should try smoking a little weed again."

It's a fleeting thought, and one that I don't entertain for very long because (like OP), I've grown out of it.

But then I meet people like you - people who are so obviously delusional about your worship of this magic plant that you'd be willing to do anything to defend it.

You'll ignore when people post up studies that contradict what you believe.
You'll post up studies you haven't read or don't have the tools to interpret because it defends your magic plant.
You'll disregard even evidence within your own sources that illustrate marijuana actually has some negative effects.

And then I realize, as you share more about yourself, this isn't just about weed. It's about the fact that you're a delusional, fragile, and narcissistic person in general. You think you're more enlightened and superior to most of the people around you. You post on Veeky Forums and refer to yourself as an "Ubermensch."

Moreover, your long history of having a poor relationship with women is even more obvious as you try emphasize your own masculinity and showcase that your girlfriend is younger than you are as if that's a badge of honor. You do this because you think that dating a younger girl is cool and illustrates your sexual prowess, but it actually does the exact opposite. You're not dating a younger girl because you're such an alpha, but you're dating one because you need someone less mature and intelligent than you to keep up with your insane commitments about superiority.

Now that you're cornered, people have literally posted empirical evidence within your own source that you're wrong, all you can do is call people names like a child.

Thank you for reminding of the main reason I quit - weak people like you.

I see what's happening here. Your life is shitty so you blame weed for it. Very common tactic by those who have nothing going for them. You're now very anti-weed because you think that will fix your life. Unfortunately, your life is the same worthless one it ever was, but blaming it on weed excuses *you* from all blame. Sad!

I've already refuted all the claims in this thread. You also have me confused with another poster; perhaps if you weren't so pathetic and retarded you would be able to tell different posters apart, but that is just too much to ask of your typical Veeky Forums basement autist, LOL. Watch any good animes lately?

>Your life is shitty so you blame weed for it

I actually got very rich and got into great shape since I quit, so wrong.

>I've already refuted all the claims in this thread.
Wrong.

> You also have me confused with another poster; perhaps if you weren't so pathetic and retarded you would be able to tell different posters apart,

Yes, it's me being pathetic and retarded instead of the fact that all you loser stoners sound the same.

> Watch any good animes lately?

I don't watch anime.

You're really just embarrassing yourself dude. The whole arm-chair psychology thing doesn't work for you.

Not everybody can have the privilege of being born without clinical depression or some kind of medical ailment that medical cannabis helps, check yours. If you don't have a need for marijuana why did you even smoke it in the first place? Really though, everybody could use a puff here and there, the world is way too uptight and stressed. Just look at global coffee consumption, it's a symptom of being overworked. Also, cannabis consumption has nothing to do with immaturity. You don't grow out of breathing air or drinking water, why should you grow out of smoking some dank?

I don't think user is anti-weed so much as he called out all the bullshit in the thread that weed has no harmful effects.

lol this makes no sense. those uses other than medicine could be used by the companies to produce goods themselves made by the plant

weed might not be bad for your body but it 100% makes you dumber and it has been proven countless times

>Also, cannabis consumption has nothing to do with immaturity. You don't grow out of breathing air or drinking water, why should you grow out of smoking some dank?

Cannabis has nothing to do with immaturity.
>Compares wasting money smoking weed to to biological needs like water or air.

>Stopped smoking
>Been clean for 3 months from cocaine

Started lifting serious 3 months ago and quit my cocaine, speed, alcohol lifestyle. Gained 10 kg's in that process. As a recovering Coke head i'm happy af with my life atm

It'd be better to mention the global surge in suicide than coffee drinking.

Depression causes neurodegeneration which also makes you dumber
Also it's only a couple point drop that is permanent with weed
Is curing a biological ailment not a biological need?
Why not both

I stopped smoking regularly a couple years ago but still pick up for the occasional toke. Got a quarter oz a few weeks back and haven't touched it. Might roll up tonight and play some vidya when i get home

Nofap.

This is the longest I've done for a year.

2 weeks has been my longest since I ever started fapping at the age of 8. I am 25 right now.

I am going for 1 year now. Wish me luck!

Stupid falling for that meme. Just quit watching porn

this image LITERALLY made me LOL

>Just quit watching porn
That's pretty much the point of nofap.

I've started the slow process of getting my diet on track and quitting smoke.
As it is I eat too little food with no nutritional value, so I got myself some vitamin supplements to help stay on top. Cut from a pack a day to a roof half of that. Hoping to ease out gradually and delay smoking at all costs, so that when I do go cold turkey it'll be easier to cope with. Every cold turkey attempt so far has been unsuccessful, but I won't give up trying.

Nothing wrong with smoking a little here and there. But I fucking despise anyone who think they're the "shit" for smoking. Especially those stoner fucks with that "laid back" attitude, even though they're one of the most sneakiest bastards around. Smoking weed is a degenerate activity that decreases productivity. Time that could be well spent on something else like lifting.

I uninstalled TF2

Basically smoking weed is nothing to be proud of. And anyone who smokes should just shut the fuck up and keep it to themselves. I swear to god every fucking co worker I meet always has to rant and rave about how much weed they smoked or how fucking blasted they got over the weekend. That really kills me. It's like they have no ambition or a higher calling. People these days just derive a fleeting pleasure from something gratuitous.

I lost all interest in weed and video games since I started lifting

if you knew how IQ works then you would understand that a few points can make quite a difference, not noticeable in daily tasks but it's gonna be there. i would rather do amphetamines; my choice of drug. i haven't slept for 2weeks and im a 2weeker!

Weed is something that I believe is fine in moderation. Sometimes I like a joint after the gym to help me wind down and enjoy my post workout meal.
However, if you wake up with the desire to get high and numb the dullness of your everyday life you need help.

I cleaned out my closet for the first time in like, fuck, maybe 7 years.

nigga you're retarded

>cancer curing smoke

>topkek

Who cares if you smoke? You're over thinking it to much, I know a lot of people who go home and have a beer at the end of the day. Again who cares?

My post workout routine involves a hot Epson salt bath, a blunt, and edging to nake lesbian wrestling.

I enjoy it at least.

having 7 drinks per week puts you in the top 20% of alcohol drinkers in the US. I love drinking and getting stoned but lets not pretend that it's not a drag on a lot of people's lives

I wouldn't know I don't do either.

Only young people and middle aged people smoke weed

>Most people don't smoke pure
t. Non American

So most people?

This guy has it right.

I started smoking less and people I know just try to push it on me all the time. Its like its fucking weird to them I don't like being high every time we hang out

>knowledge of prices is 10 years old
>calling someone out first for shitty weed
>he's the retard

user...just stop posting

Proof of what, that dude weed lmao posters think they actually have the moral high ground?

>study about tar, not lung cancer (marijuana is a bronchodilator by the way, having more tar is not bad unless you smoke it with tobacco)
>study with mixed results that comes up inconclusive
>not a study, a compilation of the possible adverse effects of chronic marijuana use, one that lists cancer as a footnote to be researched in the future
>study with mixed results that comes up inconclusive

Nice sources. You didn't prove shit.

Oh I see, you're still a college kid that thinks his ability to google "marijuana" into his college's library and copy+paste the citation info for his ten page research paper gives him credibility on a subject. Explains the smugness.

that picis silly, all those other uses can be and are achieved with THC-lacking cannabis strains

Butthurt weed smokers who don't know how to interpret research.

And no, I'm not a college kid. I actually have access to research databases as part of my job at NIH.

But yeah, I'm just a smug fuckhead who wants to harsh your mellow maaaaaaan

Vaporize nigger

I quit a month ago after a year of heavy use (ounce/2weeks)

Feels pretty fucking good, especially mentally.

Also just had a dream where I was rolling a fat joint for the second time, kek

but no physical cravings what so ever.

Which is funny because i'm 24 and only recently started smoking.

Once a month after a tough hockey game... fuckkkk it feels good. Right after I'm all showered and it's time to eat man.

God damn.

I just ordered some CBD oil the other day. I'll smoke or have an edible once in a while, but doing it on a regular basis legit fucks with your head I think.

I began using ketamine to manage my depression

>I finally blocked my ex from all social media.
>Quit drinking (2 months).
>Im seeing a nutritionist, lost 20 pounds.
>Im taking piano lessons and getting better.
>Going to the gym everyday, lifting and swimming.
Now i just need to learn how to drive.