Is this what peak performance looks like?

Is this what peak performance looks like?

this is

He gives me a boner and i want to lick his abs no homo

no this is

yes.

This is why I don't wanna take lifting srs. I don't wanna become like this

THIS is what peak performance looks like.

still buttmad that /ourlad/ won, thor/shawfags?

It obviously is, because he just won World's Strongest Man.

>basically turn the strongman into a powerlifting meet, which is Eddie Hall's biggest strength
>haha looks like our guy finally won it what a good show

>being fat & a degenerate
>peak performance
pick one, lad

Triangle man, triangle man~

>Eddie Halls biggest strength is his raw strength
>Contest is literally called World Strongest Man
>Somehow him winning it is controversy

For someone wanting to be as strong as possible at static lifts, yes.

FAS?

>For someone wanting to be as strong as possible

ftfy

>5th place in the tire flip
>4th place in the atlas stones
No.

Literally yes.

>organizers know that Hall is shit at basically every strongman event
>make it so that there's a regular squat event
>and a regular deadlift event
>and then a regular pressing event
>people think this is fine

Replace the viking press with the bench press and they could've just let the IPF run the show.

kek

double
dipping

mountainfags are still butthurt.

>4th place in the atlas stones

Did you even fucking watch?

He paused for 15 seconds on the last one because he knew he didnt need to come in 1st place. He smoked Shaw.

Fuking brainlet.

Not gonna say anything about 2017, but in general Strongman has been much less interesting in recent years. If it were up to me, there would be no special apparatus for lifting anything. No barbells ever, no Smith machine, no bars coming out of cars. Maybe keep ropes around. All the lifts are of objects. Logs with no handles cut in them, stones (maybe even natural stones), portcullis deadlifts, loading races (with stairs/water/complex environs). Balance, grip, skill, and endurance are as much a part of narrativistic strength as muscle strength is, if not more. Progressively eliminating any part of the lifts that doesn't measure pure muscular power is gonna turn the sport into powerlifting-with-cooler-lifts.

All Hail The Glorious Lion

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS LION

>He smoked Shaw
So why didn't he beat him? Why not prove he's not just a fatass powerlifter who had the contest handed to him? Is Hall lazy?

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS LION!

all hail the glorious lion

>So why didn't he beat him? Why not prove he's not just a fatass powerlifter who had the contest handed to him? Is Hall lazy?

>What is strategy

Oh my god I didn't know, i'm sorry.

You're actually retarded.

I want to buy a castle somewhere with a forest and river nearby, and turn it into the ultimate athletics game gauntlet. I would refurbish it for climbability, and put all sorts of tools like ropes and ladders everywhere (still heavy for difficulty in handling, maybe put some of the ladders in places difficult to retrieve from).

Then I would fill the place objectives. When the game starts, your team has a certain amount of points. These points are being deducted from every second by an amount equal to the total Value of all the objectives. When you complete and objective, it's Value is set to zero. The game ends when your points hit zero. You're going for the longest time possible, or the quickest completion of all the objectives. These are distinct categories.

The objectives are things like loading and firing ballistae (that have been made difficult to access, or difficult to access ammunition for), taking various heavy objects various places (sometimes through heavy portcullises, up tall walls), raising a heavy drawbridge, etc.

Tremendous acrobatics/strength both make certain things possible, make certain things quicker by enabling different strategies ("need to get these barrels outta the castle, instead of taking them all the way through the castle to the front door one by one, I'll just take this rope, climb up the rampart, and pull each barrel up and over the wall with your help").

No "no lift". Real strength, teamwork, an incentive to have good gymnastics and endurance as well as the ability to deadlift 900+lbs (a reason to have robust team composition). I think this would be an interesting game.

>durr muh "strategy"
Explain the strategy in purposely coming in 4th on the last event when you can easily do better.

ALL HAIL THEGLORIOUS LION

Long hair on guys makes you a 2/10 maximum.

You're literally a fucking idiot lol

you clearly struggle at school

Not risking a fucking injury?

On second thought, you GAIN points equal to the total value of all the objectives you have completed, and you're going for maximum points in an hour.

>He smoked Shaw.
Shaw had a torn hamstring. Say what you want, but Shaw wasn't 100%, and you know it.

Still smoked him regardless

>Shaw had a torn hamstring. Say what you want, but Shaw wasn't 100%, and you know it.

>Shaw faking a injury
>Again

shaw says that shit all the time and then goes on to lift 900lbs
he's full of shit.

why can cunts not just accept >our guy won it

Its because of fags like you that cant even green text

>I have no argument
That's a legitimate point, but you can't claim he could have "smoked" Shaw. He didn't. He came in 4th on the most classic strongman event of them all when Shaw had a torn hamstring.

Conserving energy for the next event? Conserving energy for the next day if there is one? Do you understand how fatigue works?

>ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS LION

Last event on the last day, dumbass.

This is one of the most autistic things I've ever seen

>He didnt

Listen up you fuckwit

He did all the stones except the last one before shaw could even think about the 3rd one.

Go watch it again and then come back here

Eddie hall WSM2017

Deal with it

Then at that point if you already know you're winning then who cares? You already have the title.

>He did all the stones except the last one before shaw could even think about the 3rd one.
And then fucking gassed out because he's the same weight and 6 inches shorter than everyone else.

Hall is shit at every pure strongman event and only won because the organizers handed the contest to him on a platter with 3 static events.

Deal with it.

That's not the point, reread the thread

>Why didnt Eddie hall go all out on Atlas stones?

Last event, he already knew he won, why risk a injury.

>B-b-b--but thors rep!

Thor got fucked on the viking press by Eddie. Eddie was after Thor, if Thor wouldve done 15, Eddie wouldve done 16

>B-u-u-t Shaw was injured

Everybody with a brain knows that Shaw fakes injuries when he loses, just so he can later post on instagram with the #WorldsStrongestMan

>B-bb-ut it was all static

Fuck off, it wasnt

>Buuut it was all tailord for Hall

No it wasnt you fucktards, everything that would "supposedly" make it easier for Eddie, would also make it easier for the other fuckers

Also. If you cant deadlift 500kg, you're not the world strongest man.
Period

Now accept it.

Eddie Hall WSM2k17

Eddie Hall is WSM2017

Deal with it.

If the other were any better, they wouldve beaten him.

Good night cry baby.

If you don't see that you're wrong in every single way then I literally don't have to give you an argument, you're a fucking spastic lad kys

>Shaw had a torn hamstring.

>People actually believe this

Shaw needs to go into acting

>If you can't lift a certain amount in an arbitrarily chosen lift you're not the world's strongest man. Period.
If you can't raw squat 477.5 kg you're not the world's strongest man. Period.

should rename it "the feast"

fucking lardass kek

>arguably the best measure of raw strength
>hurrr that's not right

Hey retard.

Check out this point.

where's your WSM title kek

Post pic and lifts then

>we all know its trash if you dont post them

>arguably

because there isn't one definitive test of strength you dullard, but one could 'argue' that the deadlift is the best indicator

this

Veeky Forums can talk all the shit they want, but the fact is Eddie is WSM 2017.
Most of you will never even compete professionally.

One could also 'argue' that it isn't, retard

>be 300lbs heavier than everyone else
>beat them slightly because of the doubled bodyweight

HUR IM SO STRONG! IM TWICE AS BIG AS YOU AND 10% STRONGER!!!

kekekekek you're a fucking idiot buddy

how would you measure strength? Penor pulls?

>literally deadlifted half a ton
>trying to diminish this

you're a joke

But most people still agree that the deadlift is, in fact, the best indicator.

>"Most people"

Let me guess, you also believe global warming is fake because most people think its real.

Its not "the worlds strongest man relevant to bodyweight"

Its the world strongest man you fucktard.

Let me guess, you probably weigh 75 kg, but think you're strong because you bench 90kg,

kek

'hey man you may squat 200kg but I weigh 10kg so technically my 40kg squat is more impressive'

>mfw Eddie Hall is so bad outside of static lifts that he needs a handicap ramp to do the power stairs

who has the WSM title lol

Clean and jerk

power and explosiveness not raw strength (though that does factor into it)

try again

>Crossfit fag detected

Whats next? Flayling fish pull ups for "indicator of pure back strenght"?

>He gives me a boner and i want to lick his abs no homo
>and i want to lick his abs no homo
>lick his abs
>abs

mate you could take all the roids in the world and have perfect training & diet and still not get close to these guys

>having a high body fat % means your muscles no longer exist

daily reminder that this was Hall at 14
>6 foot 2
>over 200 pounds

you're all weak

and that was just him swimming and fucking around with dumbbells and shit, not a serious weight lifting regimen

guy was built to be the Juggernaut, he could have done anything he wanted athlete wise, bodybuilder, strongman, powerlifter, athlete. Dude had the fucking genetics

>was a national champion swimmer until he quit

kek it's actually a joke

>lmao fuck the Olympics amirite
Squat then.

yes Clean and Jerk isn't the best indicator of raw strength stop crying

Deadlift uses more muscles than the squats so again ARGUABLY it's a better indicator

both are good though, and it doesn't matter because Hall blows basically everyone out of the water at both

you just know she won't turn out a whore, having a father like that

>Hall blows basically everyone out of the water at both
>both

fuck you're a faggot.
Clean and jerk is weightlifting not crossfit.
Bet you follow normie lifting meme pages too

That's exactly the point. He won so he didn't go super hard for no reason.

:(

>implying this stupid nigger would have a chance at winning World's Strongest Man
>not realizing that the top WSM competitors have a higher PL total than he does

not going to lie though his 1000 pound squat was ridiculous, possibly tied with Hall for most impressive lift I've seen

No, the point the guy was trying to make was that Hall isn't just a powerlifter who won a stacked contest and got btfo in every classical strongman event.
Look at those goalposts fly

Except he isnt. He lost last years by a fluke of injury, nothing more.

>not understanding what the word 'basically' means
>being this thick