/FAT/ General

Green Tea Edition

>Previous Thread
>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

mandatory reading for newbies

Been drinking black coffee to help reduce hunger/cravings, it's been working well but I'm having trouble finding a good type of instant coffee that is drinkable without sugar.
What kind of coffee do you humans drink?

>instant coffee
this is your problem.
go real or don't bother at all.

How did this guy lose what looks like 55lbs in 2.5 months?

Obviously high starting weight but damn that's insane

I'm a mess, /fat/. I got within 3lbs of my goal weight after losing 70lbs and everything started falling apart. I've picked up both binge eating and binge drinking, resulting in an 8lbs weight gain. I've eaten myself sick two weekends in a row now, both ending in vomiting and intense stomach pains. Does anyone have advice for getting back on the wagon?

Those quins really helped

You already know how to get back on the wagon, friend. Refuse to binge like a pig and start working hard again. First day is hardest.

I don't understand how this can happen to people? Why did it happen? You were so fucking close. Just days away! What the shit happened?

I did 47 pounds in 3 months. I'm neet and burn 1500+ calories a day and eat 400 calories max a day though

Get adventurous in the kitchen. You've lost respect for the nourishment process and need to reassess your relationship with food. When you take care in preparing food, you're inclined to make it worthwhile and beneficial to your body.

>be addicted to sugary soda
>replace with coke zero
>coke zero isn't even that good
>still drinking a few a day because cravings are insane still
>once i run out i'm gonna go only water for a while and see how that goes
wish me luck, fellow fatties. my only real problem is getting in enough calories of good food, because shit like rice and veggies fill me up so quickly. was 1000 under at around midnight and i made myself 400 cals worth of
>onion rings
and choked down about 200 cals worth of the chopped fruit mix i made (pineapple+apple+strawberry+a couple others im not remembering).
definitely fucked my fat and carb numbers for the day, but i ate like 60g over my protein goal the other day so i should be fine in the long run (i hope)

On day 10 of a meme fast and I can see differences in how I look every day. Problem is that I'm worried that if I keep going problems will emerge.
I also don't know how I'm properly supposed to break a fast.
Would just eating whatever fuck my shit up?

>400 calories a day

Piss off, anorexic

Why not just drink water today?
Why do people think it's okay to keep drinking soda because it's 'diet'

>40 posts late
actual thread

> anorexic

Nah, just have self-control, unlike you, fat fuck

you've already started so you need to end it the right way or you will fuck your shit up

>34
>200 lbs
>5' 7
Am I even worth fixing?

go away will your bullshit thread.

i drink mostly water, but constant cravings make it harder for me to stick to a diet. have you never heard of weening people off of stuff, or is it cold turkey or bust with you?

What's the right way?

this guy gave a quick comment about it
you should have known before starting it user

I am 4" smaller than you, if it helps you...

I was originally only planning on going for a day, but then it turned into two, and then three, and so on. Didn't really take the time to plan this properly

well you're going to regret that user
do the research now and do it right
it's okay going 1-2 days with out food but beyond that you need to take it easy when you start eating again

I figured height was the least of the three problems I had.

My psychiatrist prescribed be Vyvanse ( L-lysine-dextroamphetamine) for ADD. I'm on 30 mg per day. That's pretty where that chart starts.

Pretty much immediately after getting medicated, I started doing the Simple and Sinister kettlebell (10 x 10 sets of swings, 10 get ups) workouts in the morning, and walking at least 6 km per day, or doing 40 minutes on a bike. Though now I'm often walking 10 km per day total.

For diet, I'm doing 20:4 intermittent fasting. I keep a bag of carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, and recently snap peas in the fridge. When I get home from work I usually eat a pound or so of mixed raw veggies, then some form of protein, usually whatever meat is on sale (though I eat cottage cheese by the truckload now) and some milk and bread as a side. Usually works out to around 1500 calories per day, more or less. I'm usually at about an 800 - 1000 calorie deficit per day; barring the odd family get together or social event.

So yeah. The secret is willpower. And drugs that give you willpower, reduce your appetite, and make you want to do stuff.

I wish I could blame it on some traumatic event, but I really can't. I just became complacent.
Thanks, anons. I really do need to reevaluate my relationship with food. Even when I'm on track it's always on my mind. I'll make this my last night of shame.

Then get your shit together.

Since you can´t reduce yor age I´d say you loose like 50lbs and you are basicly fixed...

We're going to wind up with Catholic and Orthodox /fat/ threads aren't we?

What lifting are you fellow fatties doing? I've been doing SS since february and ive hit a wall really hard already my lifts aren't even though good
i'm 6'1 223 lbs
these are all 3x5 numbers except deadlift which is 1x5
>OHP 80
>Bench 135
>Pendlay Row 140
>Deadlift 295
>Squat 230

should I just stay the course with SS or would I be better off just focusing on my cardio and doing some calisthenics or doing a bro split or something like that?

pic unrelated

It is called quinTs.

I have a home gym and just kinda do what ever I feel like at this stage.
Building muscle right now isn't a goal of mine. I am how ever focusing on form when lifting so if/when I do start doing it I'll be doing it right.

I don´t lift, I just do cardio.
Wich basicly means driving my bike at a high speed as long as I can.
Usually 25km/h for at leasr one hour per day...

>driving my bike

organic fair trade light roast
buy whole beans
grind them
make real coffee

Kettlebells. I can do the routines at home, nice mix of cardio and resistance, minimal equipment.

Mommy, why are you telling me not to listen to Dad?

life is so amazing
being short or whatever is trivial
if you think negative thoughts
try meditation
the app headspace is a good intro
also there are many guided meditations on jewtube

fuck off out of this thread and get back into the right one.

autism

But Mommy, Daddy said to stay here.

Damn right I did.

That's kind of funny I just had my first non-water beverage in two months, pic related.

Is there any benefit to tea or coffee for weight loss?

11 of these are me.
And fuck off.
This is the thread to be at.
Just give up and let yours die.

the scism is real

as long as it's unsweetened it's a hell of a lot better than fruit juice or soda

Only if it's instead of sugary drink.
Other than that there's no food or drink that help losing weight on its own.

what about stevia?

Yeah, I cut those out two months ago. Maybe I'll try coffee with a bit of milk, but I'm pretty sure it'll be way too bitter for me.

How about vegetable juice? Or do they sweeten the fuck out of it? I know eating fruit and vegetables are better than juice, but I'm just looking for variety.

Abandon ship. Just drink tea + water or Coffee + water
maybe with some milk if you REALLY need it.

Fruit and Veg juice is okay but make it yourself if you can if you have to get a bottle READ it and then make the decision.

What's so bad about it?

Prepared one pretty much always have added sugar.

Fruits and most veggies also already have sugar on their own. You still get that sugar when making juice of them but you lose all the fibers.

>when you finally start getting tinder matches
Does this mean I've made it lads?

That depends on your goal, brah

do you have visible abs?
no? then you haven't made it
yes? fuck off chad

>tfw can't tell if i'm sweating or it's anal leakage

this is why alternate day fasting should be everyones preferred fasting method, you still get the benefits of CICO without being scared of deficiencies and shiet

taste it.
If it's sweet, it's sweat

butthurt detected

i meant salty.
I should go to sleep

>People actually struggle getting laid

I honestly don't understand it. I've had no issues pulling 5-7's while being over 300 pounds. Not even chad, just have basic charisma.

been losing weight for a while now only people to notice are guys. guys keep asking to suck my dick of have me fuck them now even though they know I'm straight

That's super helpful, thanks for sharing.

Better than nothing, right? The closest I've gotten was a drunk chick telling me if we went out she wouldn't fuck me on the first date. I think that was her way of saying she'd want to be serious with me, but she was throwing herself at everyone else including gay men and straight women, so I don't know.

So /fat/, I'm a fat fuck and I want to lose a lot of weight. I tried going to the gym, tried cardio, riding my bike, swimming. I try to eat healthy.
Thing is, after 2 weeks I'm starting to lose all my motivation. How do I keep myself motivated? Every time I get home from a hard day at work doing heavy labour I'm tired as fuck and just want to lay down and not do anything anymore. Which also results in me eating carbs more than I should cause rice and pasta don't take much effort to cook.
I'm at a point where I have no clue how to break out of this fucking cycle. Any ideas how to deal with that and better myself and keep myself motivated?

Just wait until you get diabetes like I did. That's a real motivator.

Don't buy carbs, you obviously know they are a problem for you. Get some chicken or fish. Buy it fresh and freeze it so you always have some around, you can throw it in the oven without thawing.

Count calories. Walk at least five miles total a day (10,000 steps). That's your baseline. If you eat your TDEE and walk, you'll lose weight. Any other exercise is good, but you don't need to feel a if you don't have the extra energy.

Plan your meal and prep your meals ahead of time. That way the meal is ready to go when you're hungry and you've already weighed and calculated the calories. Also stick to the same meals. Find a meal that curbs hunger and fits your macros, then keep repeating that meal.

For me, it was like that old saying about the strae breaking the camels back. After spending so long stagnant and feeling like a failure, i woke up one day and decide i wanted to change. I was over 400 lbs at my peak. One day i just decided i couldnt take it anymore, and truely wanted to change it. When i made up my mind, the difference was really night and day. From then on i stopped fucking around and am down around 100 lbs now.

>trying to use MFP
>constantly told I am not getting enough calories

I eat about 1k worth and most of the time I don't feel like I can eat anymore, what should I do?

And listen to this . Real serious and permanent weight loss will happen when you stop fucking around. When you get real serious and committed and start educating yourself on proven weight loss techniques, macros, keto, protein, etc. then you will see serious results. You have to decide for yourself that you'd rather deal with the minor pain of changing your diet than to live with the permanent and worse pain of being fat forever. You have to commit to the permanent habit and you'll start to feel better and your progress will gain momentum and become easier. After a few months it will be so habitual you won't even think about it anymore. Just stick with it and commit.

That's awesome. Serious question : how big a problem is/was loose skin for you?

I was 240 at my heaviest, but I was that way for a long time, so as I begin to lose I'm a bit worried.

Eat nuts,they're pretty calorie heavy.

Thanks for the advice, guys. What I get from this is that it pretty much boils down to having enough willpower, which I need to acquire somehow, to stick with it no matter how hard it might be.
That being said, if anyone has more valuable advice on how to get over myself I'd really appreciate it.

Not the other guy but it finally clicked for me when I read more about other people's weight loss successes. That gave me enough faith to believe it was possible. And like the other guy I was just plain sick of being fat. I couldn't take it anymore and decided I was going to change. I got my diet plan and bought all the food I needed and the results started quickly which motivated me to continue. I didn't give myself any slack. I found out that if I have a cheat day or let myself slack, I fall right back into my old fat habits. I have to be very strict with myself and it works. The weight loss becomes it's own motivation and reward. I don't get my rewards from food anymore. I get my rewards from feeling better and losing pant sizes.

Once you see how easy it is to count calories and avoid junk food (and therefore begin to lose weight) you'll kick yourself for not doing it 10 years earlier.

There isn't some magic thing. Think about why you failed before, if you've tried this before, and adjust. For me, I forced myself to stop eating foods I liked altogether, and 8 failed because of course I wanted to eat those things.

Now that I'm counting calories, I feel like I have the knowledge to make better decisions about what I'm eating. I know it's ok to eat something bad every once in a while as long as I fit it into my TDEE, so I can't fuck anything up.

Ive been overweight/obese my entire life, so im the wrong person to ask about loose skin. My body is permantantly fucked, Its all ive ever known.

He started in the high 300s you can't get that type of progress in the mid to low 200s

It's important to realize that these two approaches are different:

But either one could work for you.

Former 400 lb guy here. Once you really go for it and start see results, the feeling is so great you wont want to stop. I admit its become a bit of an obsession, i step on the scale every morning. My weight cause me so much psychological distress throuout my life, knowing im doing somthing and its working is pure elation. Another VERY important thing to remeber is that youve only failed once you give up completely. Im no stranger to binge days (though the cravings become more bearable as time goes on) As long as you pick things back up the next day youll make it. The damage that can be done in only 1 day of cheating is minmal in the grand scheme.
Please upvote my blogpost XD

Started at 320 dropped to 237 bounced back to 259 during the holidays now at 231. We're all gonna make it

can you explain alternate day fasting to me

i'm v curious

assuming it just means you don't eat anything besides water and maybe like a vitamin pill one day, and then eat normally the next

fat fucks

How do you guys eat your veggies?

Getting a little bored with spinach/feta and broc/parmesan.

Did something similar. 310>228>275>260

Going to stay down this time and not Jonah Hill again.

So alcohol calories don't fit into carb, protein, or fat? Are there any other calories like that?

Empty calories.

finally get to make myself some spicy chicken strips. baked instead of the fried bullshit I had to eat last night.

what's wrong with sugar free soda

>tfw thought I was dyel as fuck but I probably have had muscle all along but it was covered in fat
finally starting to look like I lift on this PSMF, can literally see my arms gaining more definition daily

this makes me happy

>on a strict water, fish, and salad diet

I'd fucking murder for a coke now

>on a strict water, fish, and salad diet
por que

diet coke goy

even at 20 pounds overweight thats embarrassing

Im trying to drop 20 pounds as soon as possible

yeah but you can do that eating anything. it doesnt matter whether you meet your calorie goal with rice, fish, chicken, and broccoli, or fuckin pringles, at least when it comes to weight loss. obv ur body works better with nutritious food

Ive been eating around 2k cals and exercising regularly and nothing worked, so I obviously have to be way more stringent

i've detected the presence of the obligatory fact-denying one-per-thread (You) fisherman

Anyone know how to make a healthy (not full of too much garbage) sweet & sour sauce?

If I wanted to burn weight a little faster, would two workouts a day be worth it?