Motivation Thread

Motivation thread. Post anything motivational whether it be stories, quotes, progress pics, or anything else

Idk if motivational or not but Ive lost 19kg in the last 2 months by cutting carbs.
Im sorry I dont have any emo poetry to share

took progress pic earlier today, guess I'll post it since there are no progress pic threads.

Read and work out
evolve

he's all the motivation i need

You got a haircut?

only difference i can see is that the lighting changed.

Train harder. Train more often.

How long did you take the after pic after the before pic? Impatience could be your problem.

this one always gets me

i associate it with that saying about meeting the man you are when you die vs meeting the man you could have been. I can't fucking stand wasted potential

oh, i hadnt noticed it had already been posted. my man...

kind of want to get "what a disgrace it is..." or something tattooed on my upper arm/bicep as a mantra/reminder kind of thing re: this quote. I think it might look cool if i get in done in old greek

you have extraordinarily bad tastes in tattoos.

it's just an idea thats been bouncing around in my head for a bit. I cut like 100+ lbs and turned my life around and it's just something that really resonates with me

Is this all you guys have? I need moar to prep for the gym tomorrow

`are you following a program? I find the best "motivation" is just having something set to do

i was watching a vid on youtube of some guy working out and somebody asked him why he was doing 5x8 or 3x12 on bench or some weird ass rep scheme and he just responded "well, thats what the program says"

personally, i think about that alot when im questioning a workout. The program calls for it, so i'm going to do it

If she can make it, you have no excuses

I'm doing SS because I am an absolute beginner to gym workouts and fitness in general. Currently I'm an underweight skelly and I want to look into more well rounded programs that engage me more often. Beginner stuff usually means it's easy to get into and will provide decent gains but I want maximum gain efficiency no matter how hard it is. SS seems to be the go-to for Veeky Forums so in the meantime I'm using it as a way to familiarize myself with the gym setting, but I definitely want to do more.

Nice shoulder progress, but where's the arms?

It just makes me so happy to know people like her really are thinking creatures like the rest of us. Cynical worldview, begone.

Gay af but I almost shed a tear

Fuck that's good

Bout how big around are Zyzz's ceps?

This one really gets me for some reason.

Real talk, how do you get motivated to lift for yourself, I'd say I'm more interested in lifting to look good for girls.

Good stuff.

Do you really need a reason? I just do to do it. Maybe I am just autistic, but who isn't here on Veeky Forums.

if you dont have a lot of experience w/ girls nothing will probably change your motivations. i think once you get kind of good w/ girls and that part of your life isnt a problem anymore it becomes easier. you realize its not all that impressive or fun to just bag randos all the time and you start looking for something else to fill that hole inside yourself. if youre smart you realize that you need to get validation from yourself and thats it and thats when the motivation comes easy

If it were in greek it might not look so bad however in English seems kind of weird...

Ya'll bros be lurking and posting.
Taking a little pause now.

>this is literally what manlet gymcels believe
Lifting weights wont you any taller you fucking midgets lmao

fpbp

Is anyone lurking?

Ye, lovin it

yo

okay

I don't want to look like the fat and useless people around me and everytime I want to quit dieting or working out that image of one of my failed acquaintances pops in my head.
Also Hitler would want me to be a strong, alpha male and I can't let him down

I realize wrong thread, but i want to work out now. There are no gyms close to me however. How should I start getting fit? Read the sticky btw

Bodyweight stuff or investing 1k$/€ in a rack + weights if you have the space.

Marcus Aurelius

I lift for cute shark girls

Why did I literally get a tear from that last line? dammit.

>"Veeky Forumsizens! My brothers of the iron! I would rather lift beside you than any army of DYELs! Let no manlet forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that lift? Your PR! It's yours, take it!"

You're human, also you're ugly

contribootin

Get the fuck out there.

I have been working out for months, but the only progress is my arms and not that much of a difference. Also I have gyno. Am I fucked up? Should I give up?

no

hes the greatest isn't he

This one is fucking top tier quote, how come I havent read it yet? And it sure as fuck deserve better presentation than a black background.

I invested in adjustable dumbbells. Extremely compact, fast to readjust and you can get alright workout with those + bodyweight. Obviously, cant compete with barbell + weight let alone a gym.

kms
:'(

Fuck that one was good

Gotta start building my holiday body for Christmas

long read, yeah.
But good.

Not bad. Nice progress on shoulders and back. Hit the arms more...we doing this shit for the girls brah

mirin the new edges on shoulder

I am from Greece, if you want to I can translate accurately any phrase you want in modern Greek. It's always a pleasure to help a Veeky Forums bro anyway

or even Ancient Greek if it's something easy. Ancient Greek was mandatory in Greece throughout high school

>That pic

Hits like a freight train man!

Cringe

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that one hit me right in the feels

that's pretty cool