Is there any truth to what vegans, et al., are selling?

Is there any truth to what vegans, et al., are selling?

i.e. that gluten, grains, dairy, and meat are evil and harmful.

The fuck is wrong with them? A friend of mine became vegan and is trying to get me to do it... I don't want to cause a confrontation by pointing out that all of his reasons, and all of his sources of information, are nothing more than feelgood anecdotes and logical fallacies.

What do?

Just tell him to go look at all the kids who die in childbirth to vegan mothers

Gluten and grains being bad is not a part of veganism

>Is there any truth to what vegans, et al., are selling?
1) no vegan is "selling" you anything. Meat, eggs and dairy as well as fast food are subsidized. If anything, the meat Jew has been lying in your face the whole time
2) it is undeniable that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol raises blood cholesterol, which causes ischemic heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
It is undeniable that animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of all GHG emissions
I won't go into ethics and animal welfare, or whether humans "should" eat meat/if it is "natural" because it triggers anons who think Veeky Forums is their safe space
>i.e. that gluten, grains, dairy, and meat are evil and harmful.
Gluten is only harmful if you are allergic or have celiac
Grains are what fed 95% of humans for 95% of our history as homo sapiens
>The fuck is wrong with them?
The red pill is tough to swallow
>A friend of mine became vegan and is trying to get me to do it...
That's awesome
>I don't want to cause a confrontation by pointing out that all of his reasons, and all of his sources of information, are nothing more than feelgood anecdotes and logical fallacies.
Try to find anecdotes or fallacies in what I said
>What do?
Have you done research? Have you tried vegan products?
Go vegan

I've been vegan for spiritual reasons for four years and I feel good, love the food I eat, and am always getting stronger. If it starts to negatively affect my health I'll eat animal products again. That's all that's to it for most of us.

Unfortunately the diet attracts a lot of emotionally unstable types. If someone is extremely outspoken about being vegan, ignore everything they say, there's a culty feminismy side to it.

hey i started eating vegan like a month ago. since then i lost about 5kgs.
im still over weight and im going to lose more but before going vegan i hit a brick wall at losing weight

Vegans cannot get sufficient omega three and six from their diet. They need to guzzle flaxseed and other legumes and seeds all day to get the equivalent that you get from fish and it is not easily converted by the body. Likely a link to depression for this reason.
Also proven than you cannot get complete proteins without animal products.
Vegetarians cite studies that link red meat to cancer but this is drastically reduced by limiting yourself to red meat 2-3 times a week
Remind them their processed soy addiction has been linked to just as many problems as meat eating.

Oh look more anecdotes
I can do that too
en. m. wikipedia. org/wiki/Kuntal_Joisher

no one said that gluten and grains are evil and harmful lol

You're cool, keep it up

I have a feeling a lot of what they say is exaggerated. Like yes, vegetarians/vegans live longer than average, but is that because they don't eat meat or because they're more food conscious than the average person?

I think there's some strong ethical reasons for going animal product free, not that I do it.

>I've been vegan for spiritual reasons
>Unfortunately the diet attracts a lot of emotionally unstable types.

t. degenerate atheist

>Vegans cannot get sufficient omega three and six from their diet. They need to guzzle flaxseed and other legumes and seeds all day to get the equivalent that you get from fish and it is not easily converted by the body.
An ounce of chia seeds has 10 times the DV of ω3 and the conversion rate is more than enough to make up for the low conversion rate to DHA:
mobile. nutraingredients-usa. com/Research/Omega-3-ALA-intakes-enough-for-EPA-DPA-levels-for-non-fish-eaters

>vegans cannot get omegas
>list vegan omegas
>not converted
>body synthesizes its own complete proteins

I sure like that the 90s meme "complete protein" myth still exists.

www .bbc. com/news/uk-40146916
Better stop walking on the pavement, it is 7 times more dangerous than being vegan

>what even are essential proteins

Oh, I can answer that! "Essential proteins" is a combination of words that can be found atop mount stupid, pic related. user probably means essential amino acids, which are all covered from beans, grains, nuts and seeds.

Fun fact time: did you know that even oranges have a complete amino acid profile? The only food which lacks an amino acid (has literally zero) is gelatin, which is animal derived and lacks the amino acid tryptophan!

Thousands of children die of malnutrition...meh...wait this one time it was vegans that did it, awhhhh shit now I'm mad.

Fun fact: a vegan diet is a meme and you will never be as healthy as natives eating traditional meals, which include vast amounts of animal products.

I don't think there's anything wrong with locally sourced meat and dairy. People talk about nutrients as if it's the only thing in the equation.

I like to think of what I eat as a substrate or vector for different biota. Our internal microbial communities are an underrepresented corner of health.

A locally sourced cow is still belching and farting out CH4 that is 18 times more potent than CO2 as a GHG, they still require someone to die to get to your plate and they still require 10 times the feed they yield, unless they are grass fed, but honestly, few are.

believe me once you went vegan and did your own research, over time people that eat meat will come up with the most ridiculous excuses why meat is healthy and ethical. I'm not sorry to say that but Vegan is the future. Killing an being in our time is not ethical anymore and its just cruel and unnecessary. Just think about it.

Gluten is only bad for a small group and there is strong evidence that it is due to the isolated gluten.

nice screenshot faggot.

Get a new friend. Veganism is a lot like a religion and it will harm your friendship and waste your time if he is outspoken about it. Just hang around with other people instead.

As for gluten and grains, a lot of vegans actually eat more of this stuff than people with healthy diets. Once you remove all animal foods you're very limited in what you can eat and even then it's virtually impossible to fulfil macro and micronutrient needs. Instead of following the ridiculous vegan diets involving vast undigestible quantities of vegetables, massive amounts of supplementation, vegans will usually cheap and just use grains and similar products.

All I know is that the stupid meme of people who aren't celiacs seizing on it is driving prices up of all this shit and it kinda sucks for my friend.

She used to be able to get the food as prescription but now they're stopping that and saying buy your own food. My food budget costs about £200 a month, hers comes to double that.

that's not the point, cunt

calm down a little, fag

Then what is?
>OP says that vegans spout anecdotes
>Someone says an anti vegan anecdote
>I point it out
Are you dense?

What part of that post seems angry to you?

stop being so salty dude, you can eat whatever the fuck you want

underrated retard

at least this thread proves that vegans are faggots

you can also kill whoever the fuck you want but that doesnt justify doing it.

Vegans ITT: logical arguments
Non vegans ITT:
>Lol salty fag a vegan baby that climbed Everest died of essential protein deficiency, clearly the soy Jew is at fault

and meat eaters are illogical idiots? Bro you are really stupid.

sorry mate but i can help but get angry with that kind of answers, i fucking hate how you go for an extreme counterexample the whole fucking time, jesus

Look at these vegans. They're such emotional fags. Basically women.

>muh logic
>muh arguments
autism must be rough

Way to prove his point.

>Don't point out to me how double standards create logical inconsistency, I am bad at Boolean algebra and reminding me makes me sad

>I haven't left my bedroom in 10 years.

What is this? Cowshaming?

Vegans are pussies and retarded, but they're right about people consuming too much meat. Stop eating meat every day, stop consuming the processed meat & dairy jew, and start hunting game and start drinking whole milk. Your body can't run on soy & veggies alone, and anyone who tells you that they can hasn't been vegan long enough to pay the price for their vegan zealotry or is straight up fucking lying about not consuming any animal products. Humans are omnivores, plain and simple.

>what is book?

>I have such zero arguments that I will resort to projection and ad hominem: that will show them, those vegan pussies
Brb, showering for a quick fuck with my gf, then writing my thesis, then going to hit a heavy upper body sesh. Keep thread alive for the next 11 hours, would love to roast some carnivore ass before bed time

I say let vegans be vegans. Why interfere when the weak actively eliminate themselves.

>I LARP

cringe: the post

go away reddit

>someone
It is a cow, not a person.

>The concept of someone having a girl, a life, academic goals and actually lifting in Veeky Forums is very foreign to me
Oh god this is so much fun, pinning thread

when someone's life depends on convincing the internet he isn't a shut-in incel.
my sides

Name the trait that is absent/present in animals that if absent/present in humans would justify killing them for meat.

Being delicious
And a significant amount of intelligence

>vegan=vegetarian
>toomayto=toomahto

Dude, stop feeding the trolls
You're making us look bad

Being able to produce offspring with humans.

name anything that says a meat eater has to justify themselves

I find mentally retarded humans delicious, can I kill and eat them?
>But that's against the law
Custody is in favour of the mother usually according to law, does that mean we have to agree with it?

eating meat isn't against the law, so what's your faggot point, faggot?

Nicely summed up, good job.

The amount of vegans I see that have to supplement their diet with extra vitamins and other bullshit they dont get because they dont eat meat is hilarious.
>dont eat meat, be vegan!
>vegan suppaaarrrr heaallthhhyy
>let me open up my pantry with all these extra pills i have to take because I AM A VEGAN LOL

>2017
>Vegans still exist

At least be a vegetarian. That way you don't fuck yourself royally and still have access to the highest quality protein sources (eggs/milk/whey/etc).

Threadly reminder that every 'ripped'/'successful'/etc vegan bodybuilder didn't start out as one, and 100% of the time their 'success' is due to the fact that they've been a 'vegan' for like 3 weeks after eating meat/etc for years/decades.

Should we kill and eat sterile humans?Name anything the London incident killers from yesterday have to say to justify themselves
You missed it, read again. Just because it is in accordance with the law doesn't make it right. Google "is ought fallacy"

They'll never learn, so just laugh at them and their malnourished bodies. It's more fun.

>not understand the "is ought fallacy"
Nice try reddit

>Should we kill and eat sterile humans?
And there you go. Just as expected. Likening sterile humans to animals. You're a sick, predictable little dumbass.

0/10

Let them kill themselves off, man.
And checked.

>should
>justify
wanna know how I know you're a faggot?

>Don't point out to me how double standards create logical inconsistency, I am bad at Boolean algebra and reminding me makes me sad
Again, I asked you to name the trait that is absent/present in animals that if absent/present in humans would justify killing them for meat.
You presented a bad case and failed

>justify
lol what a cuck

this cunt is a miscer. enough said

Animals are tasty
Humans are not
This is not complicated and has nothing to do with math

I would eat a Human.

There, thread over.

This does not constitute a valid argument unless you have first hand experience that human meat is not tasty. Go on user, have a bite.

I can't believe you have the audacity to ignore his airtight algebra argument.

I don't need to, it's pretty accepted that human meat is not tasty.
It's also weird to eat you own species as a human.
You are playing a very silly game

a valid argument is whatever the stronger side says it is, you castrated cuck

Look at this thread. My god, the low T on those vegans.

>Is there any truth to what vegans, et al., are selling?

I don't know, neither do I care. All I'm familiar with is experiencing two vegan girls in my classes faint like a fucking pokemon because of their eating habits while I could function like a normal human being by not eating for like two days. Furthermore they couldn't fuck off about the vegan superiority, so yeah.

>You presented a bad case and failed
You don't have to go as far as wanting to eat someone you can't breed with to justify killing them.

Literally Elliot Rodger

Friendly reminder that Elliot Rodger was a miscer.

Oh right. That one dude who was the only person to ever kill another human.

kek

...because they wouldn't breed with him. Not the only one, sure, but a posthumous posterboy nonetheless

all the vegans i know have some health problems
literally all of them
and you know what their doctors say? eat animal products. too much plant protein is bad for you. you miss micronutrients. if you have to rely on supplements your diet isnt good. you miss amino acids. beta caroten is shit source of vit A.
vegan people who do it for health reason are the dumbest people on earth. if your problem are ethics then just go vegetarian with some fish on side. dont be an idiot

>i.e. that gluten, grains, dairy, and meat are evil and harmful.
Plenty. Saturated fat, despite what many keto-tards will tell you, is bad for arterial plaque above 32g/day and a huge source of it is red meat

Red meat is also harder to digest, particularly pork and beef, and has been linked to indigestion and plenty of other minor to major problems.

Dairy causes more harm than good for about 75% of the planet and has been linked to everything from acne to crohns disease

Does all this mean that a vegan diet is healthy? No, it just means people react differently to different foods and that literally anything is harmful without moderation, which we already knew.

tl;dr Yes but eat properly, not necessarily vegan

where do vegans get their b12? spirulina doesn't count because the kind of b12 in it isn't bioavailable.

Tell me how much should i supplement?

Consider the following: meat is fucking tasty. Vegans fuck off.

While I don't agree with your conclusion that vegan is the ideal choice in terms of health, your non bullshit assessment is on point and you're not a faggot, good work

fortified milk or simply a supplement. Same goes for Vitamin D or simply throu the sun.

>dat omega 3 to omega 6 ratio
>no fucking b12
>dat low protein
rip