How do I do dips without snapping my shoulders up?

How do I do dips without snapping my shoulders up?

Proper warm ups to the front, rear, and side delt. As well as the rotatory cuffs. Use an assisted dip machine if you're overweight.

yo damn op, he called you fat

keep your elbows tucked at your side, do not let them flare out and ur g

Should your shoulder blades be squeezed together like when benching?

i don't personally do that, but i don't hunch my shoulders forward either.. just be neutral

t. dipping with 40kg of plates for reps

Do decline bench press. One of the safest chest exercises.

Keep your elbows "in," alongside your ribs as they go back. Them drifting out internally rotates the humerus which can cause tendons to get impinged in the shoulder joint, which is double plus bad when you stack your entire bodyweight on it.

>decline bench press
>do it anyway

>Parallel bars. Don't use those dip stations at the gym that "flare out"
>At the end of every rep, try to touch your chin with your sternum. This engages your lower traps and helps you maintain good posture.
>ROM like the pic you posted.

Also you should stick out your chest during the entire rep.

I'm doing dips with 30kg added. How can you be this retarded to ever hurt yourself doing dips?

Some advice to increase weight on dips?

t. 5kgx10 reps here

Theres literally no reason to do dips

Not that guy, but next time you do dips go for 7.5 or 10kg and try to do 5. Once you are able to do 5 reps try to do 8 on the following workouts. When you can do 8 reps increase weight. That's what I did and went from 8 reps with 15kg to 8 with 30 in a short time

I think the general idea is that it puts a lot of strain on your shoulder joint when it's pushed to extreme or unnatural positions. I have to admit there's enough infomation floating around about it that it does scare me a little, I don't want shot shoulders by the time I'm middle age.

What are some good alternatives for chest and triceps then?

Thank you

wat

How do you manage to keep a good lean with all the weight? I'm doing dips with 20kg added and i feel like my legs just start hanging a bit after a few reps. Is my core just too weak or something?

i do them with 28 kg and i have noidea howbtondobthem properly

I started doing that and I INSTANTLY went from 45lbs added for 12 reps to 70lbs added for 12

Now I do it every time and it just feels better overall.

Stop trying to start a fight, bitch.

Squeeze your shoulder blades together throughout the entire movement. Re-squeeze them at the top before reps.

Also do this on bench and flyes and pushups. Not only does it save your rotators by keeping your shoulders in line, but it forces you to use your pecs instead of your anterior delts.

Is it me or are dipstation bars always too far apart and promote flaring?

They are too far apart for most people's shoulders.