Redpill me on crossfit, bros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nTF3oTlZysE&t=1017
youtube.com/watch?v=_Hjeb1YCR3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now it's much more better than back in 2007

16:57 onwards. The Fittest People on Earth

youtube.com/watch?v=nTF3oTlZysE&t=1017

It's goat. People just hate it to validate themselves because crossfit includes an endurance aspect these for-the-grils meatheads failed.

>b-b-but that ONE webm of someone with bad form
Kekekek. I could show you TEN regular lifters with worst form for every poor example you post. Crossfitters with poor form are an argument against poor form not crossfit.

Overall fitness is not just lifting weights.

>an endurance aspect
see

What's your point? That they walk? You've never been to Australia in summer have you? Also
>no mention of distance covered
>reporter mentions that it's just one challenge and they likely did something else exhausting before
>b-b-but they look silly right? People can't laugh at me if I just stay home.

>no mention of distance covered
He says "it's gonna be a brutal 11k in front of them"

>>reporter mentions that it's just one challenge and they likely did something else exhausting before
'Pendleton' (a triathlon) was the first event of the 2012 CrossFit Games

So 11k after paddling and biking in Australian summer sun? You're right, they ARE the fittest people on earth.

Yeah I realised

>Australian summer sun
it was in California

>they ARE the fittest people on earth
the first finisher in this tri finished in under 2 hours. this is despite walking for most of the 'running' leg and going through an extremely slow first transition. you're deluded if you believe what you're writing, mate

So what was your time?

i mean, we're not arguing about whether that user is the fittest person on the earth, we're arguing about whether those pro athletes actually fit the description. And come on, you're asking for that dudes time but it's pretty unlikely you're anywhere near the athlete's level

They have their own "Games" because they're not good enough for the olympics.

>30kg lift
>shoes
>wrist brace
tells you all you need to know

Are you implying wrist wraps are bad for snatches and cleans? Because I'll tell you that you are wrong.

im telling you if you use them for a 30kg lift you are a fucking pussy

actually that would be 50 kg if you count the bar

>a fucking 20kg bar
dude bars are like 10kg wtf

> 22lb barbell

Ok

barbells are light nigga wtf

doesn't even matter a 50kg lift is eazy anyway
no wrist brace needed

the ones at my gym are 20 kg

well there are some smaller ones but the long bars are 20 kg

Are you retarded or just hungover from the meth?

CrossFit is a for-profit organization which focuses primarily on selling their brand name to affiliates, trainer certifications, selling tickets/viewership to their events, and making advertisement deals with guys like Rogue or that body tape bullshit. They are successful because they have deep investment and a good marketing team. Not because their programs are effective or their athletes are at all impressive. They are like a 4AM fitness infomercial which turned into an entire company.

a classic insult
toplol
topkek
toplel
thanks for the funnys user

dyel

Sooo.. Have you tried it?

not an argument

Crossfit is brand name, so there is many Cross gyms or Get Cross shit like that just not to pay shit to Reebok, just like Klokov made hes "crosslifting" thing

Jack of all - master of none.

So what I'm getting from this thread is
>just stick to normal lifting and cardio, fag
right?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Hjeb1YCR3M

Those plates are huge yet they don't seem to weigh much, what are they made of?

yep. ironically, this is exactly what people who perform in the CrossFit Games do in their training

It's a 15kg women's bar.
2x15kg plates, 2x2.5kg plates and 2x0.5kg microplates equals 51kg.

What the actual fuck am I watching

>lifting consistently for the first time in years
>gains
>Feels good man
>Wardroom wants to do cross-fit today
>oblige, because I have no choice
>doing some fucked up hang-clean
>pull a muscle in my back
>I can't walk or hold anything over 10lb
>lying on my back doing nothing for a week
>doctor says I can't do anything for at least a month

fuck cross fit

The guy walking on all four like a retarded animal always gets me

sounds like you tried to be a hero or have shit form.

dyel?

You've never done bear crawls? Did you play any sports in Jr. high or High School?

Hell, they still do them in the NFL.

My gym is getting more and more into crossfit. getting special wobbly things and shit.
Tried them out today, really liked them, I'll see tommorow what kind of gains I'll make from this.

shit form

I've never done hang-cleans before and whatever the instructor told me was obviously wrong

Fair enough. It really is all about form. The injuries, as with any other lifting, come from poor form + too much weight.