Have only seen a small handful of people bench over 225lbs for reps at my gym

>Have only seen a small handful of people bench over 225lbs for reps at my gym

>Yet on Veeky Forums everyone does that within a month training
Where are all these people lifting? Homegyms?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
youtube.com/watch?v=M7MhOpEB-fM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spend their day doing mental gymnastics and crying in mom's basement sitting beside dusty walmart kettlebells

the people you find on Veeky Forums are going to be far more dedicated to lifting than the average gym goer

also you're probably being fooled by a lot of the same people posting their 225+ bench in multiple threads
Veeky Forums isn't as active as you think
there comes a point where you can even recognize the same posters even though we're all anonymous
for example, that water fasting autist that keeps posting

It really does depend on your gym. I train at a powerlifting gym with national and international-level competitors, and a few champions, and a 2pl8 bench is middle of the road here. I'm on the verge of 3pl8 and I'm still barely middling among the regulars.

Why don't ANY of them ever post their body or proof of their lifts?

I don't get it. How is it such a huge coincidence that all their cameras are always broken?

On Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general. We all have 4% body fat, 10 in dicks, date models, and are millionaires.

People just fucking lie because they assume a persona over the internet.

I am sure that MAYBE 10% of the posters are actually in shape let alone above average.

not 1 month, but took me 10 months to hit it for 5, can do 250 for 5 now after a year and a bit

>Why don't ANY of them ever post their body or proof of their lifts?
because they're all permabulkers in denial

I go to my university's gym and there are exactly three people who can break the 225, which i know of.
I am at 200 for onerepmax and that is impressive where i come from.
Hell, even my 380 lbs deadlift is impressive to my normie friends.
The bulk of people just don't give a shit. They go to the gym every now and then to appease their mind. They will never improve as putting on stronger weights is terrifying for them. They want to stay in their comfortzone.

Permabulker best case scenario.

most people want to get big
therefore most people will train for hypertrophy
having big muscles doesn't mean you can bench 225, you can build a big chest without ever benching

We only come out at night

The people on fit estat a lot

all the guys in my gym somehow bench 2pl8+ for reps no matter how dyel they look. it's not even a powerlifting gym. most of them are 25+ tho so it might just be """old""" man strength.

They are lying.
Unusual as fuck on the internet but happens.

lol you're retarded

who gonna look better?

the guy benching 135 for hypertrophy or the guy benching 225 for hypertrophy?

>inb4 'muh volume/time under tension'

nah, don't be a bitch
get your numbers up, then do your hypertrophy

>lol you're retarded
>who gonna look better?
>the guy benching 135 for hypertrophy or the guy benching 225 for hypertrophy?
you are clearly retarded if you can't understand my post, I never said lift 135 for hypertrophy, I said most people will not be lifting 225 because they did not train strength
for size you break down the muscle and it rebuilds bigger, you can look at many bodybuilders that lift light and get bigger than you ever will be
strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/

barring some very unfortunate physical disabilities it is so fucking easy to get 2+ plate bench. just fucking train for it. bench more, press more, do more tricep assistance. dont expect dogshit routines like SS to get you a decent bench numbers in reasonable time, you do on average 22 fucking reps of bench per week for christ sake. if you train smart and eat the struggle doesnt really start until 125kg

i dont care about my lifts as long as i look good

This. What is the best training method for size? The 10 rep range, and training 3 times a week? Is that right? I just want to be thicc, I don't want to break records.

youtube.com/watch?v=M7MhOpEB-fM
whats going on nation?

Yeah my brother in law used to be a hardcore roider and bodybuilder, it's funny since he's a fucking brick shithouse of muscle weighing 240lbs at the manlettiest height of 5'7 and benches about 350 for a triple which is more than he can deadlift.

It really just matters what you train I guess.

>e-stating
>ON Veeky Forums
bro believe me Im not joking everyone is totally lifting 2 pl8 for reps here. No way someone would lie on the internet.

I mean I just put heavy ass shit on my back and do push-ups because too autistic to exercise near others. Could probably do 225 once but idk I've never touched a barbell

in their imaginations