Is a 5 plate deadlift considered respectable?

Is a 5 plate deadlift considered respectable?

For reps, yes.

It's considered "meh, not bad" depending on your height and weight.

This. Only a 7plate deadlift is respectable here on Veeky Forums where according to polls the vast majority cannot bench 225.

max is only 3 pl8 for me :( struggling too.
feels bad man.

In a commercial gym it's OK. Not that good, but OK.

In a serious powerlifting gym you'll get laughed out of the gym if you can only pull 5pl8.

yeh if ur not a Veeky Forums autist its respectable

Hey dawg fuck you 225 is a lot for my chest to take.

Now, an 11 plate deadlift is moderately impressive. But for me (and any sensible person - or woman) really becoming impressed starts at an 1125 pound deadlift.

everything under 8 pl8 is deadliftlet

>not that good, but OK.

If you deadlift 500lbs in a commercial gym you're easily one of the strongest.

a 5 pl8 diddy is more than 99.5% of guys in a commercial gym can pull.
So yes to most people its very impressive. To serious lifters i would still say its respectable.

Not for me.

>4 plate bench
>5 plate squat
>7 plate deadlift

Are deemed respectable by me. Anything under that shows you aren't truly dedicated to getting stronger and bettering yourself.

Not on Veeky Forums lol

Scott Herman literally has been lifting his whole life natty and barely deadlifts 500. But apparently in commercial gyms it's merely "okay".

god I hate you guys

>squat is only one plate above bench
>200lb difference between squat and deadlift

What the fuck? Did you just pick random numbers?

I can pull 6plate for 1 rep, and have had people come up to me before when i pulled 240kg and 220kg for reps.

I have never even seen someone pull 4plate in 3 years of using commercial gyms.

6plate is decent but nothing major in terms of PL, but it could probably win you a local meet at sub 100kg.

Reminder that half this board is pasty dyel's who can't bench their bodyweight.
It's really good. Only me and one other jacked guy can hit 5pl8 at my commercial gym.

A 500DL pulled conventional is good
A 500DL pulled sumo is dyel tier

how heavy is a plate tho

DYEL?

apparently not
my gym has plates ranging from 2.5kg to 20kg, never heard of a standard plate weight

Seriously kill yourself

20kg is a standard "plate".

"5 plate" means the 20kg bar + 5x20kg plates on each side for a total of 220kg

>normiest of normie gyms
>one squat rack, no power racks
>get mired when pulling 4pl8 for a single

i found the weak little bitch who can barely deadlift 2 plates everybody.

pretty rude desu lad

thanks m8

>It's considered "meh, not bad" depending on your height and weight.

and this, children, is why you shouldn't take anything written on here seriously

>In a serious powerlifting gym you'll get laughed out of the gym if you can only pull 5pl8.

You fucking twat. They are more likely to help you reach six plate.

Fuck off you miserable shite. You should have been spilt on the sheets instead of that broken condom your da called a mom.

>In a serious powerlifting gym you'll get laughed out of the gym if you can only pull 5pl8

here we see a teenager with no confidence who thinks everyone is mean and scary and is terrified that this would happen to them if they went to a gym

You can't claim to even lift until you pull 4 pl8. You are a promising Padawan at 5 pl8. You enter stronk territory at 6 pl8. 7 and above is Jedi tier.

lifting 220kg off the ground and smearing your balls against the bar is pretty manly and respectable

whoever says its not is just a weak baby who deadlifts the bar for 2 reps

Delet

Wow are you telling me the average person is weak af? Wow shocking. Good thing then that you shouldn't compare yourselves to them then.

I mean I hit 1.8/2.5/4/5 in 8 months, so I'd say no.
Even if I am fat as fuck it should take longer to reach a "respectable" weight

Not to anyone that actually lifts

In a commercial gym its impressive, in a powerlifting gym id say its below average but not dyel-tier so no one really cares

1/2/3/4 I will stop laughing at you
2/3/4/5 is respectable

I reached a 4 pl8 Diddy after about 1 year of training, maybe you should set your goals higher bro

oh please, unless you're pulling 805 for reps you should be euthanized

>In a commercial gym it's OK. Not that good, but OK.
You're fucking delusional. 3pl8 is ok in a commercial gym. 4pl8 you're probably one of the strongest guys. 5pl8, you are almost definitely the strongest deadlifter in that gym.

this, if that fat fuck eddie hall could diddly over 1000lbs, there's no reason any semi fit male woudn't be able to, you can't even see any of his muscles he's so fat

>imply
lost

He meant on fit most people cannot bench 225.

I have literally never seen anyone pull more than I do now. Which is 6plate for one, or 5 plate for 5 at 180lbs BW.
The most I have ever seen anyone else do is 5 plate for one cranky rep with straps and he was a fat shit. And I've lifted in 3 different gyms, one of which was full of meat heads.

nice try dyel.

Unless you're repping 8 plates for 8 reps you're weak as fucking shit

not a single onge can pull 5plates here, sumoshit is not deadlift, that's why it is ok in commercial gym, where people actually deadlift

>Is a 5 plate deadlift considered respectable?

A 5 plate deadlift makes you stronger than 90% of gym goers; so I would say so, yes. Ive been training for 5 years and I can't even pull 5 plates conventional; but thats more because I don't train it. I prefer different variations, such as the jefferson deadlift, hack deadlift, or the hex bar deadlift. Much easier on my lower back, and I can pull in the mid 500s using these variations.

>90%

Lol. More like 98% honestly. Even most roiders can't deadlift 500lbs

I've never understood internet lifters obsessions with deadlifts and squats while their bench is terrible and arms are undefined.

>sumo isn't deadlift
lmao fuck outta here femurlet

I doubt this is true. I pull 635 and have only been roiding for half a year, was at 545 natty but a while back before a back injury I would pull 605 natty, no way after juicing for a while you shouldn't be way above that

You would if you trained for strength.

But most roiders are weak as fuck

man fit gets dumber and dumber.. easiest (you)'s of my life

Retard.

This is incorrect. 5pl8 is respectable in a powerlifting gym and most people there will encourage you to go further.
Even if you can only pull 4pl8 for reps you'll fit in just fine.

t. lifting in a powerlifting gym for over a year now

In a normie gym very much so.

In prole pling gym, it's okay. They might play some metal for you and shave your head in celebration.

You're actually retarded. People on juice train way harder than any natty.

Jesus Christ is this what passes for trolling nowadays? How did you dumbasses give him this many replies?

Serious question how to improve deadlifts?
Been on a plateau.Also how to improve grip?

Not him but most roiders do bro splits and don't even have the balls to do 4 plate.

The super roided guys doing 4 plate barbell rows would be able to though.

Haha bull fucking shit

Eat more. Keep doing you max rep deadlifts.

Summerfags leave

If anything the powerlifters would be willing to give advice and encourage you. In my experience powerlifters usually tend to be a bit weird but they're almost always really nice.

They actually don't.

Most obvious example: see zyzz and Jeff seid. Both of them are/were weak as fuck

In a normal gym people will notice at 3pl8 and up. 5pl8 in a normal gym is elite. I fucking hate all you memeing faggots.

I won't notice 3pl8.

Took me 2 years to get to 5 plates, haven't lifted much for like a year though so not sure if i could hit it now.

Of course it is.

How many of you have actually pulled 5pl8? I pulled 5pl8 at 195lbs and it took me years to get here.

Most the ppl i see lifting 5pl8 + look like shit anyway so idc

Yeah.
/thread

t. deadliftlet

>counting the bar

He is right though. Sumo is not a deadlift, stop being weak and/or sitting on your fat lazy ass all day and maybe you will have the ROM needed to do a proper deadlift.

Yeah if you've got a 5pl8 dead that means you actually give a shit about lifting so of course they're gonna be supportive.

For comparison the biggest guy I know who looks like a flesh golem entirely made of muscle deads less than 4 plates since he's a pure isolation training bodybuilder who doesn't give a fuck

>not counting the bar

plz stop with this fucking meme plz

3 plate: you've pulled a few times. Grats
4 plate: you've put effort into this
5 plate: okay. You're not bad

>4 plate: you've pulled a few times. Grats
>5 plate: you've put effort into this
>6 plate: okay. You're not bad

FTFY

maybe if youre a newborn female. If your a male and not 5x5 at least 8 plates overhand within six weeks you are not going to make it.

that's a 5pl8 sumo lift though

>People on juice train way harder than any natty.

Juicers train more effectively, nattys train much harder. Nattys have to actually try hard to get results, juicers will make gains just about any way so they don't need to try hard. They just have to do exercises that get pumps

>3pl8 bench in commercial gym is ok
>4pl8 bench in commercial gym is youre getting there
>5pl8 bench in commercial gym is youre strong

these are the rules

Triple bodyweight is respectable assuming you aren't a turbomanlet or superlanklet.

5plate is arbitrary and isn't impressive if you weigh 250lbs.

>He thinks people care about Sumo diddly

Most people who roid do it for aesthetics

Anything above 500, 400 and 300 for dl, squat and bench are respectable. I've gotten props for 4/3/2/1, but that's because the nature of the beast is that every supports each other, and negative nancies get weeded out real quick.

Anyone who says otherwise is dyel sad cunt. Real nigga shit is doing that on top of having a 6 minute mile and jumping rope for half an hour. You ARE doing cardio, right?

damm brah. what were your other lifts? you look like shit considering you deadlift 5pl8. you dont even look athletic. No fucking ass at all, i thought dl and squats would help with this.

Is this what sumo dl gets you?

4.5 plate squat and 3 plate bench, looking good is all smoke and mirrors.

At that time I could pull more or less the same amount conventional did 210 the week before pretty easily. Conventional just snapped my shit too often because my form sucked.

>lifting purely for strength/power makes you look like shit
Who would have guessed