/fat/ "no thread up" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

I was gonna make one but I don't have any fat wojacks on my computer. Post some.

Do people actually care about these?

Previous thread

I-I care

Confess.

I drank a soda without thinking about it while at lunch with friends and now I feel physically awful

on and unrelated note is cardio a meme?
my folks have an elliptical that they want to get rid of and i don't work out much but I could do that at least 30 mins a day

Daily reminder that these threads are terrible and none of you are going to make it.

I just want to know if i can commit before i pull out the calculator

I had chips with my quesadilla, maybe I shouldn't have.

Ease up on the haterade man.

I am a fat piece of shit (about 300lbs give or take) that just started cardio for the first time in the last couple days, how decent is 3.7km over 50 minutes walk?

In vanity I've been going at things with only 700-800 calories a day

I haven't felt bad and all things considered the past month of doing so seems to be working but I wonder when the other shoe will drop and I'll fuck up/get fucked up by it

I'm about 30 pounds from my goal weight. Anything I can take (besides DNP) to speed this up?

>eat under 1,700 calories every day
>only eat 1,100 yesterday
>scale keeps going up every morning

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

That's not how this works, friendo.

You gonna make it bro! Never give up.

You're not eating what you think

Do you exercise? It's the way of the world, take in more energy than you put out, and weight will be gained, use more and you lose

Outline your meals more carefully. Get on MFP perhaps.

It takes time.

you could be eating too late. set a HARD limit on your last meal and try to weigh you self no earlier than 12 hours afterward. you want to weigh yourself after your longest fast of the day, which is usually after sleep. but sometimes your weight just doesn't change for a few days, too

How much oil, butter, condiments do you use?

>muhh 1100 a day meal plan
>three spoons of mayo
>one in the mouth

If I eat 900 calories and burn 600, I will still gain weight?

You're not reading the sticky

wait longer
poop more
count more accurately

How long has this been going on? Your weight fluctuates so if you lose a certain amount over a course of a few days it won't always last. It could also be water weight so make sure you're drinking plenty of water and try to keep the sodium low.

Chances are you will drop back down after a few days. But like others said, make sure you're getting an accurate reading of your calories. Although if your estimate is that low then it would be pretty hard to be over eating unless you're a fucking manlet.

ate like shit yesterday 2300 gonna eat >1000 today to make it up

If you're gaining weight then you're eating over your TDEE, simple as that. You could potentially be a total idiot and weight yourself improperly (too shortly after your last meal, not pissing/shitting before weighing yourself/wearing clothes) or perhaps you took on a massive amount of water weight.

Y-yes

Are you goofing, man?

Perhaps not very quickly, but yes

Ok then my question is, how do I even lose weight? I don't think I can exercise enough to lose like 1200+ calories in a day.

DO WHAT THE FUCK WE JUST TOLD YOU TO DO, EVERYONE THAT QUOTED YOU!

I am a different guy but I am reading responses now.

You burn 600 calories just by laying motionless and existing you damn retard, just read the sticky.

You either need to exercise more or you're eating more than you think you are.

not today but tomorrow got 2 coupons for a free dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, going to get them for my sister and keep 2 190 each.

I ate pink berry today and i'm going to be eating a home made buffalo chicken pizza (pizza crust with chicken and cheese)

hold me

stop eating poorly

Had a good way, this new diet of weetabix protein for breakfast with coconut milk and no calorie sweetener, then a big vegetable/vegetarian meal later is working well. I have plateau'd a little but I think it was mostly water weight, got down to 207 again after being at 210 yesterday.

Besides weetabix protein I had 4 quorn frankfurters on some mustard and ketchup, with red cabbage/onion, did so much of it that I gave half to my dad. I think that was probably 500 calories at most, then my snack and other shit was probably 250, so overall definitely had a low day. What's nice is all the protein and big vegetable meals makes me not nearly as hungry. I definitely had fallen off the wagon for a good while though, and basically got into the mindset of waiting for the next cheat meal, which had gotten to be almost weekly.

One terrible meme I had was went to Frank and Benny's and ordered a "small spaghetti" meal that turned out to be like a kg of spaghetti so probably 1000 calories that fucked me for days.

Anyone here use protein powder? Been considering it, maybe in place of protein bars, but IDK if that's a good idea on a diet for the calories or whatever. In the UK if that makes a difference too, and I'm vegetarian.

your better than this

I had a huge pizza on Saturday but I still came in under my TDEE so fuck it lads

stats?

you ever get so angry at life that you're sick at the thought of eating? I have this ball of anger in my chest that just suppresses the hunger. I guess I'll make progress not eating tonight. I just hope this feeling subsides and doesn't fuck me up in the long run, like by messing up my sleep, and generally rendering me apathetic towards self improvement.

Fat
As
Fuck

I've failed for three weeks and put on some water weight
Within three days of eating right the weight is coming off again

Senpai your weight and height is all that is needed

Being negative is what got you here, forget about calling yourself fat and move on...

Daily reminder you literally don't have to exercise to lose weight.

If you want to be healthier you should though.

Dude I've had zero drive to do anything lately.

Was making a game, done no progress

Part of nerdy fighting game community shit, no progress

Wrote a tiny bit of an autistic article but 1000 words at best

Over the span of now almost a month I've just sat here mostly thinking about my next meal, logging into Twitch and surfing the internet without accomplishing anything. Playing a fucking video game is an accomplishment at the moment.

I wish this translated to losing more weight as that's a huge focus now but I'm to the point 2-3lbs a week is all that's possible. I miss when I was a 300lb fatty and could lose 5lbs a week easy, was so satisfying to get on the scales nearly every day. Still, proud of myself getting down to almost 200lbs now only since last summer.

>5:30pm
>just over 100 calories eaten today
fuck. i still have to lift, too. how long should i wait to lift if i eat a bunch of carbs now? i'm feeling tired af, so i might need some extra energy that isn't from stims

Find your TDEE. It's the amount of calories you need in a day to maintain your weight. You burn calories just by existing m8. So there's really no way you could eat 900 calories and gain weight.

5,8 288 at pic
5,8 265 now

Hey guys, 40lbs down and doing good, I eat really well and exercise regularly, the only thing i struggle with is I go out drinking with my friends twice a week. Usually end up drinking like 10 pints of lager, I drink light lager but in that quantity its a fuckton of calories. I can't give up my social life though.

dubs say i stand my fat ass up right fucking now and go running

Drink gin and tonics you far fuck

I didn't exercise whatsoever until I hit about 230lbs then I started lifting, I feel like doing cardio when you're morbidly obese is just a bad idea. Lifting anyone can do though.

rollin

fucking disgusting, i like lager, if i stop losing weight i guess ill have to drink some faggot shit

drink less or drink straight bic boi liquor. Remember, its easier to get shitfaced when your weight goes down.

the universe wants us to stay fat forever

rolling again just in case

ARISE FROM DESPAIR

You are wasting your life on the couch and on Veeky Forums

Go outside and do something, running isn't going to help. Your mindset is fucked if you are waiting for the day "you want to lift"

Cardio is not a meme. Do it.

I have a very pertinent question I know has been asked before but largely ignored:

I know eating say, 800 calories (well below the safe range of 1200) is meant to be fine if you then eat like 1500 calories, but does it really pan out like that? Does the body just fuck up your calorie burning and burn way less as a result, absorb the food and enter a lockdown if you go well below 1200? What if you do like 1000 then 1500 the next day? It doesn't seem logical for the body to just robotically treat these numbers in a vacuum, but IDK, anyone have any idea? Because it's very attractive to have harsher days but I am afraid this will fuck up my metabolism or my health.

Cardio isn't a meme but it shouldn't be all that you do. Cardio makes you look the same shape but smaller, weights change your body's shape. Cardio makes you lose fat as well as muscle, so if you add in weights you won't lose as much muscle while also changing your body's shape instead of just making your gut smaller. Just do a bit of both, preferably more weights than cardio. But cardio's still an important factor, especially in the early stages of weight loss.

FAT FUCK

I need progress pics

I fucked up big time at a barbecue/house party last weekend, drank a lot of beer and ate way too much.
Checked my weight the next morning to assess damages, went from 187 lbs to 191 @ 6'3 . Now I just hope that shit will come off again (most of it will be water I assume/hope).

Forgive me for I have sinned.

fat fucks

5'9 245 at start
5'9 209 today
I started in february

Lost quite a bit of weight and people are starting to say I'm getting skinny and I should stay here now. Still fucking classed as obese and i want to lose at least another 30lb and ill still be fat then. Why do people do this too you? Its really annoying

>ate entire box of cookies

>like 800 calories overall

bwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

about to have not one, but TWO bacon sandwiches
should bring todays total up to 700kcal

I'm about 60 pounds down from 240 and been losing roughly 2-3 pounds a week for a while now but is there anything more I should be doing.

Right now I do IF at 1500 cal a day and lift three times a week with bodyweight stuff shoved in on off days but I'm worried I'll slow down or that I'm not losing enough weight somehow.

Surprised it's not more honestly. You can still easily get in under your TDEE. Unless of course you've already eaten multiple meals today.

I'm a vegetarian in the UK and I use MyProtein's diet whey protein. It's cheap and they have sales often. 21g protein and 95 calories for the women's one, idk about the normal one. Definitely helps me meet my macros and tastes really nice imo.

Also if you're in London please be my lifting buddy I'm so alone

>at 205lbs
>people comment on my weight but still obese at 5'9
>know it will take fucking years to get down to my ideal weight
It's honestly the biggest demotivator knowing how long this shit will take, and I've already been dieting for a whole year. Just gets longer and longer.

I live in Bristol sadly as I would love to have a lifting buddy, thanks for the advice! Surely can't be too many vegetarians from the UK in this thread.

took your whole life to get to the shitty state you were. Being able to not be a disgusting piece of shit in only a few years is an amazing deal. Don't be a greedy bitch

Are you doing cardio on your lifting days or off days?
Otherwise I'd say 2-3 pounds a week is good progress

>tfw mom is obese diabetic with hypertension and an onslaught of other conditions, and has given up on life
>everyday is a mixture of her crying from depression, angrily shouting at us out of self loathing, and insanely repeating a couple words in some sort of psychotic episode.
>there is clear evidence of dementia, hysteria, alzheimer amongst other things.
>her body is a mess I have to see on the regular because she can't bathe herself and I have to do it.
> I do everything around the house, while she lays in bed all day vegetating. She only goes out with an enabler friend with a car to buy loads of junk food that she thinks is cleverly hidden in her cabinet.
>I cook healthy food, she eats a small portion at the meal, then I find her in the middle of the night binge eating all of it and junk snacks included.
>she's only 62 and I am 24.
>the near future is looking bleak for her, and I fear she will ask me to "accompany her" into her last years because she literally has no one else because of her poor mental health, and no one wants to care for her diseases anymore (it's all a part of her failure to become responsible, she has been unemployed for decades, leeched off my dad's pension who had the right mind to leave...).
>mfw I will probably have to forsake the best coming years of my life caring for an abusive insane obese old woman who treats me like shit, just because of morals.

moral of the story, please think of the children /fat/

True, true. I have no one to blame for this but myself and I figure I've done wonders for my health. My doctor said I was one of the fattest people in the area at my biggest.

It's more the lack of control I'm disappointed with

12 cookies to a box, hey I think, I'll have 3 a day and have a bit of sweet for a good bit of the week

But then

Sigh

I wasn't gonna lift today but I probably will now

Holy shit same. I've had 2 weeks of "independent work time" at uni and I haven't done shit even though the deadline is next week. I haven't had the interest or drive to play any games or do anything except go to the gym, eat and plan meals, and watch youtube videos.

Ive been running a caloric cycle.
500 cals one day, just under current maint the next. Ive been running it for about 6 weeks now. No problems yet.

It's sad that I feel a lot of my drive came from being a fatass, as it's so easy to get like a big bowl of doritos and fanta and be a disgusting slug in your room with all the energy that gives. Just the "fuck my life up" mindset that ruined me for years. It's harder now having to actually deal with your problems and not harm yourself.

That's some pretty amazing progress dude!
Keep it up and you're going to make it.

I've been meaning to but somehow I haven't started. I will try throwing some cardio in as well.

Yeah, I know the feel. Hopefully it'll all be better in the end. At least I have the motivation to go to the gym.

I know I am. that's what hurts the most. I'm so weak in my mind. I talk a big game and say I eat healthy but I cave and eat like trash

It's good, but shoot for better tomorrow

We're all gonna make it

A gallon of water, in addition to mealtime water, a day

The best advice I can give to any young person is to be a selfish piece of shit. Many are mindcontrolled with obligation and guilt and never reach their place in life. If you were to ask your mom what she would have wanted when she just gave birth to you, she would want you to achieve your dreams at any cost. I'm not saying abandon your mom, but you should never feel you HAVE to sacrifice everything to take care of her.

I know its hard because I had similar issues when I was young and it was single handidly the worst mistake of my life. Luckily, after a few years I woke the fuck up and told everyone to eat shit while I got my career going. Am now moderately successful and genuinely happy (minus a few extra pounds but hey im workin on it)

If dubs then we both go running

I would leave and I have my reasons for saying so

Fag. And gin and tonics are like 300 calories per drink. If you want a strong low cal drink get a vodka soda with lemon. Around 100 calories per drink and you can get shitfaced from a few of them.

thanks user. I can relate to the idea of feeling guilty at wanting to achieve my own dreams at the cost of bettering the last years of my mom's life. I think I need to rationalize the reasoning that she would have, at the time she must have been mentally stable, wanted me to pursue my own happiness. I am going to try and talk to her about it, when I find a window of clearness and focus in her spirits, maybe she'll understand.

I have my reasons as well, I want to meet my long distance boyfriend and travel to his country to do so, I want to go to this school abroad to get a degree so I can start working and move out, and eventually settle in with my boyfriend. we talked about a family, a home together. Those are my dreams for now, they might not be the greatest, but they make me happy. They keep me going.

Are you a roastie?

Yes, I am a femanon. I'm here because I have about twenty pounds to lose too. I've already lost ten pounds last month (when I started dieting and exercising).

If you're female you need to stop taking care of your mom and move on with your life, Jesus they are using you and it is your life ,you will have to leave and don't worry about what happens to them they have to change and adapt with you gone

They will end up holding you back in life if you keep taking care of your parents