Simple question. How do I lose fat, and begin to delve into MMA?

Simple question. How do I lose fat, and begin to delve into MMA?

Join a muay thai gym with emphasis on sparring and drills. Alternatively boxing.

>muay thai

do what this guy said op. join a muay thai gym. even if they're the cardio fitness classes where the soccer moms are punching the bags like pussies, do those classes. it'll get you somewhere.

what's wrong with muay thai?

muay thai's are delicious

starting out with a striking sport like others have said is a good way to get a base for sure. Usually less expensive than bjj as well. However, the learning curve is very, very steep. I had the same idea of getting into MMA this way in highschool 6 years ago, i did MT 3-4 times a week and grappled once per week. After a couple years i still was nowhere near competition level imo.

Don't plan on going competetition, unless I can make myself that good. I really have no other hobbies that I follow regularly. I'm 6' 230 lbs, I have a long way to go, but I got to start doing something.

1. Lose fat and delve into MMA
Alternatively lose fat by delving into MMA

Also the best sport for fighting is Judo

alright, then just do the classes, literally nothing is stopping you.

Plan on it, thanks for the advice.

lmao at people nitpicking various martial arts who would get bodied by any practitioner of any one of them

You should start doing Gaeshido.

For things like bjj where do you get belts? Like do they give you a white belt on your first day of class or what?

You should lose weight as you train. As for what martial art you do, that's up to you.
I prefer boxing.

Naw, you usually buy your own gi and belt.

>MMA

Pussy. I don't fuck with that girly shit, I study the blade.

i'm right there with you ken sama

Muay Thai is legit

you get in on the first day and have to colour it with the blood of your enemies.

Training in muay thai as a hobby here. Will never get into competitions either. It's HIIT but fulfilling. It's a great workout and you'll learn how to defend yourself when the time comes

Eat less, start training punches kicks and takedowns. TADA

weightless squats and push ups and jumping rope. what ever really elevates your heart beat for more than 30 mins.

Amazon.com

You're already doing it wrong.

99.999% of the time mma fighters follows this path

>start boxing / MT/ bjj/ wrestling for fun/school
>realize you're better than others
>coaches realize you're better than others
>coaches and yourself decide to try an amateur fight in related sport (boxing match, bjj comps)
>you win those.
>do amateur mma fight

it's nearly never

>no background whatsoever
>decide to be mma fighter.

usually when you sign up you get a gi/ belt

if not buy one on amazon like the other guy said.

He just said hes not even competing and he's doing it to lose weight stop being retarded.

eat less grapple more

oh you're right lol im drunk

Not true these days. Most new MMA fighters start from no base. Only real exception is BJJ.