There are people who unironically hate doing squats

>there are people who unironically hate doing squats

How can anyone be this cucked? Do you not love the feeling of power and strength or are you just a faggot who wants everything easy?

Is it because your squat plug is too big for comfort?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
youtu.be/KGEKRjlZKf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It hurts my back and knees

deadlifts>squats

Then you're doing it wrong. Are you bouncing on your knees or some stupid shit instead of squatting?

I'll grant that the feeling of raw power and badass you get doing deadlifts can't be matched by squats, but there's something I love about squatting that I need to defend.

I hated squats until I saw a girl gawking at my thighs. wtf I love squats now

you sound like you have autism friendo. like one of those poor sods that shuffle nervously between sets with a frown plastered on your face and bad metalcore blaring out of your earbuds

I'm at 170kg and fuck its hard to increase feels so hard compared to say bench.

It's a scarier exercise.
If you fail doing bench with no safeties you can typically just roll it off you or just push the bar over if you don't have clips on.
If you fail doing squat with no safeties rip your skull.

I can't do them because of a bend in my back. It fucks up my balance and dooms me to lean/fall forward instead of being able to keep my back upright.

I compensate with leg press/curls.

>If you fail doing squat with no safeties rip your skull

>wtf I love squats now
basically my attitude after a qt mentioned the quads of guys during the olympics

>If you fail doing squat with no safeties rip your skull.

????

Guys I have been trying to squat just body weight, but my knees hurt, can anyone point me to some good videos of how to perform squats correctly?

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
youtu.be/KGEKRjlZKf8

You're very welcome. Learn that every body is different, proportions, muscle insertions, hip socket depth, femur length. There is no way to help you without knowing about this. Try different stances, narrow, wide, knees flared out or tucked in, try high bar, work on your mobility.
Dont listen to silly, simplistic soundbites that totally ignore the biomechanical realities of each individual. Squat in a way that feels right to you.

probably the best Veeky Forums post of the week

My legs got so large that they rub together when I run. Need to find a routine that cuts back on legs for a while, at least until I cut more.

>giving holistic fitness advice
>not just memeing them until they're totally demoralized and don't want to get Veeky Forums anymore

Honestly squats are the only lift from powerlifting that everyone should be doing

bench press is a good lift but can be replaced easily as it's not optimal for hypertrophy and can easily injure you if you're an idiot

deadlifts are good but you'd be better off doing rack pulls for back and RDLs for posterior chain instead of just diddlys

but I've never found anything that's as good as squats. leg press, hack squats, heavy lunges etc. all have their place but don't even come close

why not just squat with safeties then you moran lmao?

i've had to bail squats onto the safeties loads of times and it's easy as fuck

You're just fat
Thats what you infer. If you have long femurs, it will have an affect the leverages, especially when the center of mass is the barbell. If you're hip sockets are asymmetrical, your feet are likely not pointed out in the exact same angle. Thats totally normal, our bodies are never totally symmetrical. My point is to find what works for you. Some need to flare their knees a lot, while others can easily squat with a super narrow stance.
Simplistic generalities are easy enough to shitpost, but its less about helping someone rather than wanting to contribute to a discussion in some way

Also make sure you keep your muscles flexed and engaged the whole way dow na and back up.
I found when I started doing bodyweight squats after doing weighted squats I was having knee pain as well, but realized I was putting all the tension in my knees since my leg muscles were not already engaged

I'm just fucking with you m8. I agree.

cant breath in while going deep, feels like suffocating

You just made me realize I've squatted for like 3 years now without ever failing a set even though I've failed countless bench and dead reps

Not like I don't push myself either I just call it quits after one of those reps where I've got bambi legs and practically fold into myself

are you sure you're squatting correctly?

I hated squatting until I started a decent program for them, still not my favourite lift but I dont hate them anymore.

I wrecked my right knee too many times boarding when I was younger. I still squat but my right knee wobbles and burns regardless if I am lifting heavy or light.

what program?

I actually think squats are superior to deadlift in terms of bad ass pumps and adrenaline. Most curlbros have a disproportionally higher deadlift than squat and so they don't understand.

There is nothing besides squats that gives you the feeling of tree trunk legs, the feeling you could curb stomp somebody.

I see you SS faggots all the time at my gym, all you do is bench/squat/text/dl/and fail ohp. People know who you are and know your a faggot "powerlifter".

You've got that backwards mate

How wide can I flair my feet in squat - im above 45 degrees and feel I might be overdoing it

such a serious post, are you okay man?

>all you do is bench/squat/text/dl and fail ohp
>fail ohp
DELET

you're not supposed to anyway

do people seriously remember others at the gym? i cant recognize a single face at my gym. feels like its new people every time replacing the ones from the last.

These are some great videos, but how do you detect bad form if everyone is different?

Dumping weight on a squat is super simple stuff friend

t. once-a-month gymgoer

I dunno, man, ever since I started cutting they've divebombed while everything else managed to hold relatively steady

Bad form is either unsafe form or inefficient form. In regards with safety, I think the important unifying factors between the different correct forms for different individuals are:
1) being able to maintain a neutral spine all throughout the motion
2) being able to keep heels on the floor throughout the motion

And probably avoiding buckling knees. So, regardless of what bar position, foot position and range of motion you use, these things happening would be unsafe form.
As for, inefficient form, that's something you could only really tell from your results. If you can squat more with a different technique, your old form was inefficient.

my favourite Veeky Forums related feeling is during the final squat rep when you're not 100% sure that you're going to manage to get up again. then you power through it with the last of your energy and you get the rest of champions

Haha, true, I love walking around feeling like I am pushing the ground aside because of my weight and big ass legs

Well legs are fucking hungry what do you expect? A new squat PR while cutting?

I was in a car accident last week and I currently have whiplash.

Physio says I should deadlift/squat or place any real amounts of strain on my lower back area. How do I not lose gains if I can't squat. Also anything above my head has to be done as lightly as possible.

Should not*

Im a pretty large guy but leg day gives me cancer, squats are just no fun and they put a lot of stress on my knees. Also as somebody mentioned while doing them it really feels like your suffocating and breathing is difficult and its so much effort for such a boring movement.

>gf complains that my legs are getting a little big
thanks Veeky Forums now I know I truly made it

>no safeties rip your skull
good. I don't like it ripped

Yeah but has your mom said you should slow down yet?

yes and she has long complained about the "steroids" that are creatine and protein powder

I actually get out of breath doing squats at the end of set 4/5. I have a little pause after the 3rd rep (5x5) just to hyperventilate for a few seconds at top to get some oxygen going.