Is it better to have had and lost or to have never had at all?

Is it better to have had and lost or to have never had at all?

>introduction to philosophy

Whatever faggot came up with this hypothetical obviously never felt the feel of no gf

Idiot, I have felt both the feel of having no gf and having no gf after having gf, hence the question.

you never felt the feel of losing gf so you can't possibly weigh on the question either

Sure but I often think about the hypotheticals of what it is like to have a qt gf. I even imagined her breaking up with me one time (I cried a lot that weekend). So yes, I do know how it feels.

The solution is to never stop having and diversify your portfolio.

What if you don't have the means to never stop having?

>24 year old virgin
>get first gf
>Literally perfect in my eyes (same interests, cute, etc.). Average by most standards.
>she breaks up with me

Glad I met her, it was a learning experience for me and I still think of her everyday. So yeah, I'd say it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Had and lost. At least there is a chance for you to learn and grow.

Gains are the same... much easier to re-motivate when you see where your body has been.

Aren't we talking about gains?

That's the trick. When it comes to women, the saying is "if you want to have one gf, you have to have five gfs".

If you have zero gfs, you have to say fuck bitches, acquire gains (aesthetics, money, social skills, male friends). Eventually the girls will talk to you, just make sure you aim for five at a time, never just one.

That has always been my issue. I'm such a pussy about getting left in the dirt that I'll have relationships with multiple women at a time and when I finally decide I want one to be mine solely all of my actions come back to haunt me in ways inconceivable.

The pain of losing something truly important will stay with you for the rest of your life, and will never get better, all your happy memories you had will be forever stained with the loss, and any future happiness in store for you will have the same ugly scars. So yes, it's better to never have had at all.

>she was the so hot, i'll never get a girl that hot again
>that job was the best thing ever, I'll never get a better job
>life was so good back then, i'll never have it that good again

This. Having, losing, having again, losing again, is what grows you as a person. Every time I thought I had something that I could never replace, or never find something better than, life has eventually proved me wrong. It's on you to optimize your odds of finding those things though, and be realistic in knowing you aren't going to win with every risk you take.

What if I have all of those things but women don't talk to me

solid kek

Yup.

The waves of life; up and down, in and out... No matter what happens in life, it will follow this pattern to some degree.

Just gotta learn to ride the tides and make the most out of the lifelong surf.

There's some knowledge in this, i like it.

I like you

This is called 'abundance mentality'.

Sounds like something out of Elliot Rodger's manifesto

When it is raining like today and I got some spare time, I like to sit on my porch and light up a cuban cigar at simply stare at the rain. There is something about the smell, the sounds and the blurry horizon that reminds me of all those feelings I had when I met my first gf. We broke up after 4 months, but teenage love truly never dies.

I would say that it is better to have had and lost

Easier not to. Currently single, haven't had sex in a long time. It's worse knowing what you are missing.