Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.

>/thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

What is Thicc Mode?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with bodybuilding accessories (texas method, madcow, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Permanent Discord link:
discord.gg/ZP4HrNc

Other urls found in this thread:

barbellmedicine.com/12-ways-to-skin-the-texas-method/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

>tfw thicc upper body but tiny chicken legs even though i squat the same volume as other lifts

is thicc an aspiration that works for wide-hip bros who want to be aesthetic? ottermode just accentuates the hip width

What does /thicc/ think of short shorts? Yea or nay?

Short shorts are GOAT

y-yea

How long to get to Justin mode? What bodyfat is he?

It's why I'm going for it. I was going for ottermode and I realized my proportions just do not fucking work for it.

So now I'm focusing on lifting hard frequently and downing as much food as I can.

I hug that feel bro. I ran SL, MadCow, now Texas Method. All with extra leg bb assistance. And still have a huge upper body relative to little chicken legs. Don't understand how these dudes end up t rexs.

only if they
exacerbate the /thicc/ ness

>tfw over bulked
6'0
93 kg
I used to look aesthetic shirtless I swear. Trouble is I like filling out my clothes and being a 'big guy' to normies to cut. What should I do?

They're the official /thicc/ clothing.

Texas method or Madco? looking over the routine its the same shit to me. Ive done madcow already but stopped lifting and starting all over again.wanna try TM but it looks like the same shit

Permabulk

you look god actually. I would keep lifting but dont get fat

how are obliques coming in

>you will never be 265 lbs with abs

They're similar as both come from Glenn Pendlay and Bill Starr's old 5x5. But Texas Method doesn't have the underreaching up to week 4 then overreaching from week 4 onwards thing MadCow does. The full cycle is only 1-2 weeks. It's more suited to people who compete in powerlifting say, not just want to be jacked looking.

I found the higher volumes on it's volume day drive more growth for me than equivalent MadCow days. But break you nearly.

Does this count as thicc?

Recomp which is slow. Or just cut to 15% bf the ideal /thicc/ size?

>body built from barbell strength training with bodybuilding assistance

No. It literally says what thicc is in OP brah.

how do i even get that

im not trying to be a powerlifter anymore, Been there done that.I just want to be strong and be actually be able to move. So you think texas method is the way to go? i read some of the 70's big guy's book. He say Texas method could also help with conditing depending on assitence? in you're experiiance is this true?

Yes. I would say Texas Method has improved my all round fitness and size, while also getting me stronger and being more suited for competition.

The downside like I said is recovery and how brutal it is. It's a proper and complete strength athlete training program. It will fuck you up especially with the extra assistance work the /thicc/ look needs.

You need to be solidly into intermediate weight progression, be strict about recovery, and diet. Things like getting fucked every weekend or even only every other weekend are out of the question.

MadCow while not getting me as strong or big or as conditioned, worked from early intermediate and still allowed me to have a social life as it wasn't so physically demanding, especially in the first 4 weeks of a cycle as it's purposefully designed that way.

By fucked I mean wasted on booze and out chasing pussy until 4 AM btw. Shit like that just messes with your recovery too much when running Texas Method.

I have no life so i might be good on those fronts. Im going to give it a shot thanks. Anything else you feel you should share?

You wanna really get gud, try the Cowboy Method aka the Big Texas Method.

Nah think covered everything from my experience of it so far. Only other thing that helps is tracking my nutrition and diet strictly with MyFitnessPal to make sure you're getting enough protein etc. Also stretching and things. Like I said it's a proper intermediate strength athlete program designed for people who will be competing so takes a lot of focus & dedication. We just happen to be using it to become homo bait. No homo.

This article i found useful: barbellmedicine.com/12-ways-to-skin-the-texas-method/

>become homo bait
I'm okay with this

thanks for the link, been a huge help

6 190 lbs

I work as a mason and have only done bodyweight exercises so far. I'm joining a gym this Wednesday, can anyone give me some examples of routines to get thick.
I eat a little over 3000 calls a day for work otherwise I'm exhausted by the end of my shift. I do eat a lot of lean meats, nuts, veggies and milk so my diets on point. It's just I consume a lot.

Np. We're all gonna make it brah.

Not that guy, but I've been plateauing on quite a few lifts for a certain time now so I switched to an intermediate program, but the 5/3/1 from wendler seemed more appealing than the texas method. (I don't want to be squatting three times a week, but rather add some more deadlifts in etc.)

Do you think there's a huge difference between the two intermediate programm? I would have a lot of time for recovery and still the money for proper good diet. So I'm thinking maybe switching might be worth it, because I miss the feeling of being fully exhausted after every workout, I just get that on the volume days on certain excericeses or if I add two trainings days to one now...

Run *any* beginner barbell strength routine. Most are in the general Veeky Forums sticky. SS, SL, GSLP, ICF, Reg Park's it literally does not matter. Make sure to do any assistance work they include.

Once you're done with novice linear session to session gains and get to intermediate strength progression, then cut/recomp/bulk to 15% or so bodyfat, and run an intermediate barbell routine with assistance work like MadCow, Texas Method, or 5/3/1 BBB (though there are better newer 531 variants so check yourself). Wear short shorts and be homo/milf bait.

>tfw want to get /thicc/ but cant because gyno flares up after 10% bf

From my understanding 5/3/1 is best for advanced-intermediates as you set new PRs monthly, while Texas Method is an earlier intermediate program as you set new PRs weekly.

I've been able to progress week to week with TM (supposedly you can for years even with the right circumstances) so haven't felt the need to switch to monthly progression and 531 yet.

I haven't found the squatting to bad so far as my legs got used to it quickly/were pretty much adapted to that frequency of squatting anyway, and Wednesday is a lot lighter and less intense in terms of squatting. Even Fridays on it aren't too bad as it's just the warm up then one heavy set. It's Mondays that are a bitch on it for squatting.

5/3/1 literally blew up my squat after plateauing forever. I injured my back so didnt deadlift much while running it so cant speak on that but my bench literally didnt increase a pound.

is right though, its more of an advanced program. Not because its hard or anything but because its such slow progression

Thanks for the quick answers guys. Gona finish the next two tweeks so I made a full cycle and then probably switch to the Texas Method and change it up a little and add some assistance work.

Good luck on getting thicc.

>Not because its hard or anything but because its such slow progression

Thanks. Yeah not that user, but so many people in the gym, on Veeky Forums etc want to jump straight into intermediate and advanced routines early, they completely forget that the main key difference between routine difficulty levels, is that progress gets *slower* and that's about it. Doing beginner and early intermediate routines for as long as you possibly can will get you more jacked and strong than anything else.

I found switching Deadlift to the beginning of Wednesday from the end of Monday really improved TM. Otherwise Mondays just killed me. It's listed in TM variants have seen so don't think it's changing the program so much that you're breaking it.

r8 my strongman tm routine /thicc/

>mon
squat 3x5 90% fri
close grip bench/press 3x5 90% fri
deadlift 1x5
tire flip 3x5-8
pushups x100
farmers walk 3x100ft

>wed
squat 2x5 80% mon
press/close grip bench 3x5 90% last mon
chinups 3xf
facepulls 4x20
hyperext 5x10

>fri
squat 1x5
close grip bench/press 1x5
clean 5x3

pic related is my goal body

Is being not thin without bf meaning of THICC?

Not sure but I generally try to avoid making my own routines from scratch and use existing proven ones as a template.

This used to get posted here. Don't know how the weight progression is meant to work.

It just means being as big and strong as you personally can be, while not being ultra lean or a fatty. We ripped the philosophy off wholesale from 70sbig.com.

anyone else getting ~naturallyenhanced~

What does that even mean?

>he hasnt heard of manletdestiny

thanks

Think if I recomp at stayed between 92-93 for the next 6 months I would look much different if my strength went up?

Why don't you post your face any more? It's not like you have any hope of not being recognised if someone you know lurks.

How does one get Klokov/Torokhtiy thicc using the Oly lifts?

Heading 4 thicctown

Anyone have a link to Justin's book "Paleo for Lifters"?

Because photos were taken in the morning with shit hair and expressions. I'm only here for body advice and don't like comments on my face
Why wouldn't I be recognised?

More.

Is doing PPL while bulking a good way to get thick?

No one ends up a t rex from ss or madcow. You walk all the time. Thighs are no different than calves in that they require much more volume relative to upper body. Double your leg volume if you aren't happy

anecdotal recommendation for 5/3/1 variants? BBB is getting stale and I'm too much of a dumb meathead to read the entirety of the Beyond book kek

you have to be slav

I want to compliment you so bad. But I fucking hate beardfags. I have mixed feelings.

as a skeleton all ive ever wanted is to be a big guy

anyone doing their /contactsports/?

rugby is very fun

those shorts
>saxton hale mode

>But I fucking hate beardfags

Seems like a totally random, arbitrary thing to "hate." Like "hating" people who wear a watch or something.

Not even that guy, but get a grip on yourself.

beards look stupid on skeletons and hipsters, but if a huge guy has a beard it looks fine. The whole point of the beard is to be masculine, and if the rest of your appearance is masculine it works out

I'm a skinny skeleton, but this is my ideal body type.

I just seriously hate eating, the dieting part is going to be the hardest for me but I want to be THICC so badly.

its because people naturally don't gravitate toward weak-looking people, and they tend to respect and fear big guys much more. People's body language toward someone like The Rock is entirely different than how they'd act around a skeleton. The most feminine women are attracted to the most masculine men, and being weak is not masculine.

We have to become the big guy

>tfw wanna get thicc
>tfw 137k bench, 97k OHP natty
>tfw labrum detached doing pullups on a shitty frame which wasnt wide enough
>tfw im FUCKED and my surgery hasnt worked so I might need it again

appreciate what you have boys

>97k OHP

holy shit son thats more than i can squat

Shakes:
16oz whole milk
1/2 cup oats
Scoop or 2 of whey,
2 heaping tbsp peanut butter
Banana
I add a half serving of maltodextrin
And some honey

Like 1k calories. Drink 1 or 2 of those a day in addition to what you already eat. I went from 165 6'4" skelly to 205. Not quite where I'd like to be and I need to do some recomp but it really did work.

what kind of oats do you get, i havent bought those in years

Check the pastebin. There's a load kf ebook links there.

Probably a manlet. Manlets have an easier time getting thicc because if their height.

>tfw no thicc manlet bf

Post glutes
Post more in general

>tfw no thicc bf

Bit gay m8

I fucked up on Saturday.
It was deadlift 5+ day. On the first, 65% set I pulled too fast (and probably off balance) and immediately injured my left erector near the pelvic bone. I managed to get all 5 reps on the 75% set and barely got 5 on the 85%, a ridiculous post-deload 145 kg. Goal was 7 to 9. FML. Then came squats at 5x5 FSL (90 kg). Barely got all reps also.
I could push through the pain (almost ignore it actually) as long as my lower back was under ZERO flexion. The SLIGHTEST flexion causes a lot of pain even under no load, such as bending to pick up my sock from the floor. That's right, I literally have to deadlift my socks now.
3 days later, it is Squat, OHP and chinups 3+ day today. I hope I get 5-7 reps on them (125, 57.5 and 102.5 kg respectively)

On that note: to those of you who broke through an OHP plateau around 75% bodyweight and above, what did your pressing training look like? What should I do? My sticking point is at the very start, right off the clavicle, and at the very end at the last few reps, right after elbows have almost locked out but the head hasn't gone through the "trap window" yet.
If I were to supplement accordingly, I'd add dips and shrugs, but I don't want them to interfere with my bench and deadlift training.

For reference, I do intensity OHP Tuesday, intensity bench and volume OHP Thursday and volume bench Saturday for presses. Pulls are volume on Tuesday and intensity on Saturday.

actually perfect platform for thicc mode, bruh.

keep lifting, get big, c'mon

Fucking hell nigger if you pull something rest it for a week whats wrong with you

being milf bait sounds so fucking good

this was my chosen path even before i heard that but is it true that milfs liek it thicc?

>tfw thicc manlet bf

>pain (almost ignore it actually) as long as my lower back was under ZERO flexion
I'm just being very anal with form and it doesn't hurt

Marek is my god

6'3 tru old school my dream 70s big

also he said he did mostly ohp, bench, clean, swim a lot, squat and ride bike

Newfag here, how important is it to eat a lot during non-workout days for thicc mode? Eating is hard enough during lifting days but I don't know if I can be flexible on days I'm not actually working out or I have to suck it up for the thicc level gains

I've been repeatedly man handled and nearly raped by 3 milfs since becoming thicc. So anecdotally yes.

>how important is it to eat a lot during non-workout days
Very. Total daily energy expenditure and muscle protein synthesis change very little between lifting and non lifting days.
>for thicc mode?
For ANY mode
>Eating is hard enough during lifting days
You forgot to add #firstworldproblems faggot
Eat as much as you can, sum up the calories, subtract from TDEE, divide by 6, eat this much in grams of peanut butter straight off the tub.
Easy as fuck, tasty, healthy, has protein, literally can't go wrong. If this is too hard or you somehow fuck it up, just give up and aim for otter.
> but I don't know if I can be flexible
What do you mean flexible nigger just prep 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners on Sunday evening, freeze, thaw, eat.
E A S Y

Please post details (country, setting, mood, ages, your swoleness level etc)

This is why I fucking love this sub, thanks for the reality check

>this sub
off yourself retard

he looks like a rapist

How do i achieve rapist mode guys?

GOAL
O
A
L

Stats routine etc

I can't understand how people have issues eating enough. I have issues eating TOO MUCH. Granted I just got off 2 and a half months of borderline keto at 1700-1900 cals a day and have trouble holding back now.

Yesterday I ate 4000 cals with 400+ grams of carbs in one sitting. I'm only 6ft 178lbs. I have to worry about gaining too much on the fat to muscle ratio.

Skellys have it easy

How do you people bulk? I swear to God, I look decent at 70-74kg (183cm so ~6ft). I go up to 77-78 and suddenly I get a belly, double chin, etc.

I'm lifting 5-6 times a week (PPL) and my lifts are pretty good for my height/weight but it really doesn't show in how I look. (I bench 85-90kgx5, squat 110-120kgx5)

Ideal weight at the end of my bulk is 85kg but I just feel horrible with how I look even now, at the start of my bulk. I can't grow a decent beard to hide the double chin gains either. Wat do?

>183cm
>77-78 kg
>belly, double chin, etc.
I am 94kg, double chin is non existent, hand goes in 1.5cm of soft fat tissue before meeting abs. Strength is late intermediate in symmetricstrength. Maybe lift more?