Resistance Bands

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on these? Considering to buy these on amazon for 20$

The ones on amazon rip after a few months, I'm a beast though

Only elitefts or go home

Helped me when I started learning pullup and dips

Honestly I don't know, but I intend to find out. Seems like a poor/lazy mans home gym necessity. It would allow you to get some serious weight for squats and dreads.

The biggest limitation is that you're not going to get the same strength through the entire range of motion. Pretty big limitation but still has a place I think.

Havent tried them yet but I was going to get a set at Walmart once I can easily work in 50 push ups each set (5 sets, home gym)

Thanks for the heads up I'll check em out

So they are kinda like training wheels?

Yeah the resistance would change as the rubber becomes more strained, but atleast you can carry them around traveling or something.

Elastic bands with handles are a waste of money.

yes, at least for me because I was weak and fat back then

Don't buy those, buy actual resistance bands. WWODFITTERS is a good brand. I started using them because of Scooby, and they're great

More on this, I've been lifting pretty much solely with resistance bands for the last year or so, and honestly I love it. You can add progression, there's less chances for injury, it's cheaper, etc.

Again, watch Scooby's videos on resistance bands.

I have a big bodylastics set.

The good:
Depending on where you anchor them, they act like dumbbells or cables
They are great for some muscle groups, triceps, biceps and shoulders for example. I can do lateral raises strapping the ankle straps on my biceps. It's glorious
Great for traveling

The bad
You have to be careful on how much you stretch them, because more stretch more resistance. So it's hard to track progress:are you getting stronger or did you put your feet narrower?
It's hard to work legs
Once you get to the heavy weight the band start pulling you away from position.

How do you add the progression? I mean, how do you actively stay consistent and know for sure you are making progress? I love bands but this problem drives me mad.

Tie a knot in them, this makes the material have to stretch more and thus there's more resistance. Also, it helps if you always do the exercise in the same spot and you know where you were last time, so you're doing the exact same exercise.

Also yeah, it's hard to work legs. One of the only reasons I'm considering signing up to a gym again...

>it's hard to work legs
hahaha nigga just go for a walk how the fuck is it hard to work your legs like why even bother doing squats just stand up

to reiterate, the knot just has to be in the band itself and you don't need to have it tied to anything else. The trick is for the resistance band to have to stretch more than it used to, to reach the same distance

I got cheap ones and half of them have broken. I like using them for face pulls and crossovers. I'm sure the nicer ones mentioned in this thread are a lot better.

Alright I get you. I have enough bands to my set (they are stackable) so the knot is only needed when I need for tension to come earlier in the ROM, for example for bent over rows. Care to share your band routine? I'll write down in the next post the exercises that I find work good. For example I can't really have a good chest workout with pressing movements, but I can definitely work it with fly movement.

I don't have a routine, per se. I just watched AthleanX, Scooby videos, and so on to get a list of band exercises. There are some that I do on a regular basis, but all in all I just do an arms or leg day for about an hour and a half and then I stop.

Other than that, I do a bit of calisthenics.

Biceps : hammer curls and regular curls are all you need.
Triceps:i like the push down and the extension with the door anchor set on top.
Shoulders : everything work really. Face pulls. Lateral, front raises, ohp in neutral grip to keep them safe
Traps: shrugs are okayish
Chest: flyes with the anchor on my side. Of course one Arm at a time. Maybe incline press.
Core: woodchoopers are goat. You can even put your ankle strap and do a weighed bicycle.
Legs:not that good, but you can do a lying leg curl, calf raises, bulgarian split squat.

You pretty much named what I do anyway haha. But what do you mean by an anchor though?

The point that holds a band in place to a fixed position. There are door anchors and anywhere anchors, if you Google them you'll get it instantly

Ah! Fair enough, I usually just tie tie my resistance bands down to a lamp post, a tree, a gate, sturdy railings or step on them.

def good while traveling.

keeps it simple and is accessible when gyms may not be so. the equipment is lightweight, space efficient... a benefit if cargoing luggage and is carry on ok.

combine with a conscious body-weight fitness regime, it will support maintaining strength and musculature.

This, plus they snap ez. Get the rubberband-like ones or the flat ones.

bp

Got mine from a thrift store. 3 bucks each :) I use them for most of my super sets. Like for an example I would do a curl with weights, then I would use the bands to curl till my ceps burns out.