Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle. Meat eaters and vegetarians allowed as long as they don't push their diets.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friendly threadly reminder from a non militant non pushy vegan to HIDE and IGNORE thread if veganism triggers you or if you are not at least a bit curious about improving your diet. We already know what you are going to say, just visit yourveganfallacyis dot com if you think you have a smart rebuttal to veganism that will make all vegans eat cow corpse again

So, with that out of the way, what is for lunch today friends? I'm having gluten and soy flour pasta (22g protein / 100g) with tomato basil homemade sauce. Shit's delish.

>implying it's always possible to "improve" your diet by going vegan
no

Hide and ignore friend, hide and ignore. If you want, set a reminder for 30 years from now in Google Calendar saying "I told you so", to be reminded that veganism won in the end and the overwhelming majority of the western world became vegan, leaving meat as an option only for illegal hunters and their underground black market clients, or third world sandnigger countries.
Peace, love, vegan.

>I told you so
>veganism won
>overwhelming majority of the western world became vegan
>illegal hunters
>underground black market clients
>sandnigger

>>non militant non pushy vegan

hahahahahahah

fuck off

Literally you. Hide and ignore.

shoo shoo gains goblin

This

I'll have been vegan for 2 years at the end of this month.
>feelsgoodman

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Why is honey forbidden?

Some vegans say that it is because insects are sentient and therefore we should not exploit bees, some others say that honey is ok and they draw the line at insects. The official position is "not ok".
Honestly, if you actually want to be vegan and all you crave is honey, then be vegan except for honey. Most people miss steak, bacon and cheese, not honey. There are tons of substitutes for it. It is literally just sugar. Taking if from bee vomit is unnecessary.

>I'm not pushy! I just came to your board and gave you orders as if I owned the place ~uwu~

I tried a vegetarian diet for a bit, but i was always having trouble with protien/fiber intake. I was a bit scared of taking in a lot of soy, so i ended up eating tons of letils, chick peas and black beans. Problem is i was getting so much fiber that i was shitting 8-10 times a day. How do you get a Veeky Forums level of protien without spending your life on the toilet?

Such a drag getting 200gs of protein on a vegan diet. I don't wanna eat all this shit every day. Literally doing 5 scoops a day and a bag of beans.

Hide and ignore. No need to get so angry that a health related thread is being posted in a fitness board where 45% of the threads are insecurity threads (tfwnogf, tfw only 5'11"⅔, tfw dicklet), 45% are shitpost threads (Mike Patton, this is what girls want, sips, fictional goal body, squat plugs) and 10% are generals (plg, owg, THICC, fat etc)

Seitan
Tofu
Tempeh
Protein powder (pea protein isolate from MP is dirt cheap and just as good as whey)

How long did you try? Because it takes some time until your gut bacteria adjusts to the high fiber intake, it gets better after some time.

Can anyone post some vegan meal examples? Preferably some with a good amount of protein.

>health related thread
don't act like veganism is about anything other than environment/animal impact.
from a health point of view, cutting out large food groups isn't healthy.
it's only due to modern technology (B12 anyone?) vegans don't die from the diet.
i think the environment/animal impact is important, so i try to limit my meat intake and buy better meat, but id rather be healthy too.

>pea protein [is] just as good as whey
Liar.

Anyway, any vegan want to share what he eats on a regular day? I tried eat vegan for one day, but it was hard getting enough protein without protein powder.

just get a soy/pea/rice protein blend

Sentient insects trouble me, because bees are used to pollinate pretty much all fruit trees. It has been proven to cause them harm and may be connected to the worldwide mass death of bees. But if I stop eating fruit, what the hell can I eat?

>Liar.
Both are 80% protein, whey is 30€ per 2.5 kg, pea is 25€

This. Also sooo many insects are killed to grow my soy, grain, etc. How can I survive when basically everything comes at the costs of other living creatures?

Isn't artificial pollination a thing already?

Where the fuck do you live for such prices?

don't you understand the difference between surviving vs being retarded by maximizing the suffering of innocent beings for the unnecessary purpose such as 'satisfying muh taste bud'?

I'm glad someone has the same issues as me. I also don't like to pay money on things I believe were made by people who eat meat because I am basically funding their lifestyle by buying their products/services.

Eating animals is inherently worse because you kill 10 times the insects in feeding the animals 10 times the crops that could be used to feed a human, veganism is still the better choice. But if you feel that upset from killing a few pests (or if you are a shitposter who thinks he found a loophole in the philosophy of veganism), free the earth of the burden of your existence and kill yourself

I heard vegans don't go the cinema watching movies when animals appear in them. Is this correct?

>veganism is still the better choice
Aren't vegans attacking vegetarians for not going as far as they do when it comes to animal harm? Where is the difference between your point of view and

Yurop. Stay jelly, americuck

>Stay jelly
You pay far more than me for whey protein and I'm even living in Europe. Why should I be jelly?

Drinking milk directly causes most male calves to be sold for veal, the rest of the male calves to be raised only to be used as bulls that are anally raped with a huge electric probe for sperm production, and the female cows are either sold as veal too or killed for dog food or low quality burgers when milk production declines at 5 years old, when their natural lifespan is 20 years
Similarly, male chicks of the egg industry are killed at 3 days old and hens are debeaked and killed earlier than their natural lifespan.

Assuming that a human MUST eat and have a clean roof over his head, and that he will do anything in his hand to secure this:
eating plants is ok. You can't practicably sidestep every cockroach and rodent that dwelled in the corn field
Eating animals is not ok, because you already have food from plants
Wearing animals is also not ok because it's unnecessary and raises profit for the meat industry
Killing house pests (eg with mouse traps, insecticides) is ok because they directly clash with my other goal of a clean life
>Whey
Pea*
>Far more
Pic related

>I also don't like to pay money on things I believe were made by black People because I am basically funding their lifestyle by buying their products/services

Aren't cockroaches, bees and other insects animals, you fucking murderer?

Do animals even have the concept of rape? Serious question.

>What is protein quality

not anyone else in this thread, but could you link me to a good cheap pea powder that's available in the US?

cockroaches are harmful, dirty and could cause diseases
not a single chicken, pig, cow, fish that's slaughtered by the hundreds of billions annually ever been harmful to human being

turn on your brain before posting user

>cockroaches are harmful, dirty and could cause diseases
What kind of vegan are you, faggot? "All life is valuable" is our basic understanding. This is why we are refusing to eat animals in the first place. How dare you think that any living creatures on this beautiful planet deserves to die?

any vegan will kill a bear if the bear threatens their life
is simple thing such as this really that hard to understand?

>any vegan will kill a bear if the bear threatens their life
No, they won't. At least I would run away before even thinking about hurting this bear. Also bears won't just attack you without provocation.

We are arguing in circles, shitposter. Reread .
A meme. Pea protein isolate has no fiber to inhibit absorption, making it every bit as good as whey.
Google "bull sperm collection/extraction" and tell me if the bull liked it

I asked if animals had the concept to rape. Learn to read

>we
No that's you. People go vegan for different reasons.

>concept to rape
You said concept OF rape, as in "can they feel pain from rape". Reread your post.
In any case, Google "pack of dolphins rape" and find out yourself

By buying honey you are supporting misandric dictatorships where refugees (read = intruders) are stinged to death, men are killed every year and women are kept as mindless slaves for the rest of their lives.

Is Peta a credible company for vegans?

>get all of your protein from lentils

Enjoy your fiber and resistant starch flatulences I guess

Most vegans hate peta because it does activism more in an ego stroking way and less in a "let's save as many animals as possible, reductionism and large public appeal are important" way
I guess appeal to emotion is natural because the more emotionally invested you are in something, the more likely you'll be an activist for it

I'm not exclusively vegan but all of my supplemental protein is and I think it gives a faster recovery rate

PETA shelters kill animals. They say that they only kill animals that were in such great pain that death was a mercy. What they DON'T say in public is that they consider captivity to be a great pain warranting death. They kill thousands of healthy, adoptable pets.

They're a cancer on the movement.

This is totally different. Everybody chooses to eat meat but nobody has chosen to be black. I can "discriminate" against people based on their choices.