Is walking with a weighted vest bad for your joints?

Is walking with a weighted vest bad for your joints?

no, good actually.
it will strengthen your connective tissue (joint ligaments tendons etc)
and keep u safer and in the iron game for the long run

Yes, theres a reason why a lot of military personnel and veterans have fucked up knees. Marching / Ruck marches fuck up your back and knees especially.

Don't be retarded, walking with weights puts your knees under a considerable amount of stress.

Shut your mouth, you dumb DYEL nigger.

This. Far less weight but much longer duration

Yes. There's no reason to use those things unless you want to put yourself as an anime fan.

>put
out

It does not make a fucking difference whether that weight is on your fucking belly or strapped around your belly. So no, it's not worse than being fat.

Being fat is real bad for the joints though

This is stupid

They get fucked up knees because they do TOO MUCH walking with weights.

Like with most effective exercises if you do too much you will hurt yourself but if you do it in moderation it can be beneficial

>effective exercises

What's your goal? Stronger legs? Squats. Better cardio? Run. Fucked up knees? Weight vest.

>The cunt complaining about things being bad for your knees recommends running

Running is absolutely awful for your knees. Virtually every hobbyist runner that isn't extremely young has fucked up knees

Cycling is superior in every way

The only thing stupid, is you. There are many other better alternatives, all you have to do is move your fat ass to the local gym. Walking with a weighted vest is fucking retarded, and also leaves you open to injuries very quickly and very easily especially if you don't gradually up the weight.

Don't mind me, I'll be over here doing things like squats, dead-lifts, power-cleans, clean and jerk and so forth.

Enjoy your fucked up knees and arthritis in your early twenties, faggot.

I own the vest, the belt and weighted shorts. When I'm in full gear I can weigh well over 2/3 my own bodyweight. I will tell you all what I've experienced, having run at least fifty miles. The vest needs less weight because it constrains my lung capacity and inhibits endurance for running.

For lifting it is great for bodyweight training which I incorporate into my at-home routine. A slight incline pushup is a little bit harder than a normal pushup. A decline pushup is a challenge for me, over the years I can now do thirty in full gear which is really hard.

For my joints I use two knee braces and two ankle braces. I use flat insoles on motion control shoes which usually last me six months before I have to retire them. The weighted shorts last three years on average because the velcro straps cannot handle the weight. I also tape my nipples to avoid grotesque chafing.

It has improved my baseline running and strength. My marathon pr is lower since starting and this year I expect to break it again. My pr's for strength have also dramatically gone up, I have a strength coach who wondered why I progressed so much faster than his other clients (it was my home routine)

I remember back in 2011 everyone was laughing at me for wearing them. They called the vest a "retard vest". I am very pleased with it thus far and have no complaints. I'm going to be doing my first ultramarathon next year too :3

>he doesn't walk with a light bend to train his legs 24/7
>he puts his knees under body weight (+vet) stress

are your training for the Tournament of Power? Better get in the high gravity room and lift heavy.

how about carrying plates in your bag ? say the amount of weight you lost

Fat bitch.

Can 100% guarantee you've never consistently ran for periods of months or years in your life, absolute delusion

>hurr durr if you walk you can't do barbell exercises too xDD

so you're medically diagnosed as retarded or what? nobody said anything about walking as the only form of exercise

Running everyday is bad for your knees but running in moderation is extremely beneficial

Well you can eat that guarantee because I'm on my third treadmill in less than ten years. I beat them into the grave.

are you goose stepping your treadmills into oblivion??

Fucking things are garbage. I lube them up and do all the proper maintenance but they die anyway. First one the motor went and it started overheating, second one the belt wore down to shit and I knew where to get a free treadmill so I just trashed the fucking thing instead of spending the two hundred bucks on a new belt. Current one is holding up nicely.

If you're gonna get one buy a used one from a fat guy for peanuts or get a fucking lifetime warranty or something. If you use them they get fucked up. Shockingly enough.

>military personnel and veterans have fucked up knees

Forcced march and run miles with a 60lb ruck is not the same as wearing a 20lb vest while casually walking to class.

>20lb vest
Why even bother? Pussy.

>paying money for a thing to walk on when the ground is right there

Life isn't an anime, nigga. You ain't gonna be 2x faster by training with weights, that's for sure.

user-Sama, I....

>walk

>can't run on the ground

ex military with fucked knees here

it undoubtedly does fuck your joints, ankles and knees especially and maybe your shoulders if you have enough weight

we used to roll around in a 15kg vest (could of been up to 20kg depending on the amount of kit we attached to the molle i.e radio/camel pack.

Then frequently we had our field packs up to 35-40kg depending on kit and team role (sigs and gunners always had more). It destroys your ankles and knees, and if your setup is wrong and the weight is not mainly resting on your hip bones it will also fuck up your shoulders.

I live in the city. Cement sidewalks are an even better way to fuck yourself up than a weighted vest. I go to an outdoor track sometimes but it's usually slammed with people and sometimes there are even classes or team practices going on. My treadmill is always wide open and I can run any time day or night spring, summer, fall, or winter. Don't have to worry about getting smoked by a car or stabbed by a junkie. Shins, ankles, and knees don't get wasted.

Honestly, I don't need the fucking thing. I have a gym membership, I can run on their's. I just like having one.