>can sort of do it
>trying to make this not a waste of time
>go over to dumb bells
>can barely curl 20lb

it gets easier right guys haha

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLIasrSrFGdSNbeOT8Agw9N301qCHpRU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This guy had a 305kg total the first time he set foot in a gym. Doesn't sound like much for our beloved natty king himself, but let's keep in mind that he started serious training at the tender age of 13.
BlG MlKE always said it gets easier, but every time it does, you need to push yourself harder.

Does that answer your question?

Just keep at it nigga, in about a month you will laugh about your early struggles. I looked like a retard the first time I tried squatting because honestly I never had to squat in my entire fucking life. Fell over forward with the goddamn bar on my back.
A couple of weeks later you'll be warming up with that bar and not even noticing the weight anymore.

You could have just bought some spin-lock dumbells and worked on strength before biting the bullet at the gym. Not trying to be a dick head but I have no idea how people can't squat or bench just the bar. That's unfathomable to me and I don't believe anybody who says it.

Don't worry OP this Monday was my first day at the gym with starting strength too... Luckily though there were other people there with me to ask if i was doing the correct form and help me find a good starting weight for myself.

I would advise to go at a time when there are other people there so you can ask for help like i did.

Good luck anyway user I think it gets easier

Yeah bro it gets easier. Remember the first time you tried to take two dicks at the same time? It hurt didn't it. But now you love it. It just takes time and dedication.

I understand, it's pathetic lmao

thanks

god bless big mike

>spend all of yesterday watching form videos
Can you recommend me some good ones?

Also, how did you overcome your crippling social anxiety and managed to make it to the gym? I've always looked like a hungry skeleton escapee from Birkenau, and whenever i tried to lift people would laugh at me. The fear of being bullied by Chads like is the only thing keeping me from changing my hikikomori ways.

how could I forget

yeah I'll probably do that

Nigga they aren't laughing at you. But do what I do and go when there are few or no people at the gym.

Yeah you know that disgusting weak feeling you have? Like your muscles are made of jello and you can't lift shit? That will go away and your muscles will start to feel hard and thick. You will feel strong and you will be able to pick up heavy things. It's a great feeling.

this is what i looked at for form videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLIasrSrFGdSNbeOT8Agw9N301qCHpRU0

and for your anxiety question i was just tired of being tired and went

Im not a Chad. And not a bully. The bar is 45 lbs. Like my backpack in high school probably weighed 35lbs fully loaded. If you're worried about using embarrassingly low weights like I said, buy some dumbells or do a months worth of bw squat and pushup progression. You could even put a broom or something on your back to get used to the feeling of a bar there. Add 10lbs to your squat every workout and 5lbs for your bench. In a month you'll be over 1pl8 squat.

But they literally were laughing at me, and they made it very clear. I'm trying not to blogpost, but my old man is a former national champion in boxing, all my siblings were Chads and Stacies, and i was a pasty fucking nerd. You do the math.

Thanks my man, hope you make it.

I started doing front squats and cleans a month ago and found the front rack position incredibly uncomfortable, like I seriously thought if was fucking impossible, i really couldnt see how people did it.

Flash forward four weeks and I can front rack a heavy barbell with a fully closed fist no problem, and I actually prefer front squats now.

Point is just apply yourself, dont be a bitch, keep reading up on technique and forcing yourself outside your comfort zone, You'll make it.

Retard, why would you start with big compounds? Build some strength with a brosplit first. SS is a stupid fucking meme. Don't even think about touching the bench or trap bar unless you are doing at least 1pl8, because otherwise you are wasting space and time and getting no gains.

It gets easier very fast if you're consistent. If you want improvements asap do a few weeks of machines/light db versions of compounds. That's what PTs I know recommend to total weaklings like yourself.

c-cause the sticky said it was good for beginners

thanks, hope that day comes soon enough

>it gets easier right guys haha
Yes.

Going to start again tomorrow again. Last time I was in the gym was 2years. Right feet got into an accident. In a cast for 8 weeks. In those weeks, I got back on the dew, chips and things that I stopped eating. What's worse is that before I stop, I wound drink like .4-.8 L of soda a day but now it's 1.5-2.3 L a day. From 160lb to 204.5 lb (just bought a digital scale). Don't know if your story is true but I just
Want to post this. I need zyzz back.

sorry to hear about your accident.
good luck at the gym tomorrow

>Bullied for being a hungry skelly
Is this real life? If your that worried about auschwitz mode just wear some loose long clothing when lifting to hide your skelly figure.

No amount of clothing will mask my struggle to lift the empty bar

Come over to /bwg/ this will get you strong enough to not look like a fool at the gym.
Even as a hikki you can do it, since you don't need much equipment.

Just wait till the resident gym bullies find out there is a dyel at their gym who can barely bench the bar kek. They're gonna have a field day with you OP.