Nutrition

Poorfag, on a cut checkin' in. I made some delicious comida last night. Figured I'd share.

>>For high test individuals only
vocaroo.com/i/s0thR5ssCIUB

>>What kind of a cut are you running?

I currently weigh 240.8 lbs (109.2 kgs), down from 263.4 lbs (119.5 kgs); which means I've lost 22.6 lbs (10.3 kgs) in about 2 months.
My goal is to hit 210 lbs (95.3 kgs) by November 2, 2017. That means I have 149 days left to lose the remaining 30.8 lbs (14 kgs).

I have meticulously done all the maths and made a spreadsheet that updates the amount of calories I need to eat to reach my goal.
It takes into account my daily weight fluctuations, so it recalculates my calorie limit everyday.

So far, my calorie limit hovers around 1900 calories each day.

>>What the fuck am I looking at?

The picture, is a 10 day batch of food.
It is made up of the following (all prices USD):

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - walmart.com/ip/Sanderson-Farms-Boneless-Breast-Family-Pack/165626329
(My store's price: 1.99/lb or 4.387/kg),

White Rice - walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Long-Grain-Enriched-Rice-20-Lb/10315883
(My store's price: 0.522/lb or 1.151/kg),

Pinto Beans - walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Pinto-Beans-320-Oz/10315741
(My store's price: 0.999/lb or 2.202/kg),

and Ground Beef - walmart.com/ip/Ground-Beef-Roll-73-Lean-10-lbs/44001602
(My store's price: 2.374/lb or 5.234/kg)

Here's what quantities I use per day:
228 grams - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (raw, uncooked)
218 grams - White Rice (dry, uncooked)
154 grams - Pinto Beans (dry, uncooked)
152 grams - Ground Beef 73/27 (raw, uncooked)

This gives me the following stats per day (after cooking):
1871.06 calories
119.78 grams of protein
2.3859 USD

So I get about 1871 calories, and 120 grams of protein a day, all for only 2.39 USD.
It's a poorfag's paradise.

Other urls found in this thread:

nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#644
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#645
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#661
youtube.com/watch?v=jclGtuH1468
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/Dietary_Reference_Intakes.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=pN253RLDdM8
foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/storagetimes.html
i.imgur.com/0s939qM.png
amazon.com/Scales-Measuring-Tools-Cooks-Gadgets/b?ie=UTF8&node=289787
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Only 120 grams of protein a day?! That isn't enough!
You're probably familiar with the rule of 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight (or 2.2 grams of protein per kg of body weight).
But how much protein do we really need?

According to the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine, National Academies of Science
Located in the following report:
"Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids (2002/2005)"

The Estimated Average Requirements for both adult men and women (aged 19-50) is:
0.66 grams of protein / per kg of body weight / per day.
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#644

The Recommended Daily Requirements for both adult men and women (aged 19-50) is:
0.88 grams of protein / per kg of body weight / per day.
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#645

Furthermore, it was found that:
"In view of the lack of compelling evidence to the contrary, no additional dietary protein is suggested for healthy adults undertaking resistance or endurance exercise."
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#661

So for my body weight of 240.8 lbs (109.2 kgs):
my EAR for protein would be: 72.072 grams of protein per day.
and my RDA for protein would be: 96.096 grams of protein per day.

My diet currently gives me about 120 grams of protein per day;
which represents roughly 1.25 grams of protein per kg of body weight per day.
And as I continue to lose weight, my protein intake (relative to my body weight), will increase. (If all other things remain the same.)

>>But wouldn't you like to increase your protein intake anyway?
Yes I would. If only for its own sake. But the truth is, I'm a poorfag.
I have about 475 USD to my name. And this has to last me about 150 days.

I can't increase my protein intake without doing one of two things*:
1. Passing my calorie limit.
2. Passing my budget of 2.50 USD per day.

*(Technically there is a mixture that eliminates both rice, and ground beef from my diet; and replaces it with a beans and chicken diet...That mixture provides about 161 grams of protein a day, while staying under budget/calorie restriction. But I tried that mixture before. It was unpalatable and unsustainable).

>>Who are you?
I'm just an anonymous dude, who gives a shit about health and fitness.
I'm currently on a journey to reach the best fitness of my life.

Here's a video of me from last year when I was ~285 lbs (129.3 kg).
youtube.com/watch?v=jclGtuH1468
I don't want your subscriptions, but comments are welcomed. Even dumb/troll/meme comments.

I'm 240.8 lbs (109.2 kgs) right now, with plans to take my body weight to 210 lbs (95.3 kgs) by November 2, 2017.
I'm dedicated, and disciplined.
I'm recording a video every night of my journey, and will release a transformation video when I reach my goal in November.
Hopefully my video will inspire others, or at the very least provide some sort of interest/entertainment value.
We're all gonna make it brahs.

(attached is a graph of my weight loss progress.)

>>Any closing thoughts?
Yeah.

There are a bunch of resources online to help you quantitatively plan your diet.
I think that if you're serious about your health, you should sit down with a blank piece of paper and a pen; and go through all the details.
Simultaneously, you should search online for information regarding the various dietary elements, vitamins, amino acids, and fatty acids involved in a complete diet (Like I have done).

I think it's especially important to look at the costs in developing your plan; as well as the practical issues that come up. No one has limitless money to throw at this problem.
Having a exercise program is important for transforming your body, but as it has been shown before; your diet carries more importance.
So take a moment and analyze your diet. Formulate a plan, and track everything.
Research the nutritional content of the food you're putting into your body; as well as the costs associated with it.

Here are some resources that may help you:
For the nutritional information of the foods you eat, check out:
(All other sites/apps like myfitnesspal, calorieking, etc; use this database through the database API. This is the golden source of nutritional information. All foods are sold in the USA with nutritional information labels, those labels are based off the information found here.)

For the recommended intake levels of the essential nutrients you need, check out:
ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/Dietary_Reference_Intakes.aspx
(While you might shrink away from calculating the essential micronutrients that you need, I provide a source for you anyways. At the very least you should calculate you macronutrients : Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fat.)

That's it brahs. Good lifts and restful sleep for all you Veeky Forumsfags.

Now this is a real Veeky Forums post.

Keep it going user, and thanks for the motivation.

is this legit or just sarcasm?

Legit, the main posts on Veeky Forums talk about how to talk whores on Tinder or other stupid bullshit.

->

micros for poorfag pls

Nice posts, user. It's a shame it'll get lost in all the manlet, tinder, r9k, and pol threads.

My mom made this last night...

Good shit OP. This is like the old Veeky Forums, what happened to this place?

Do you cook this all up and then freeze portions of it?

Seconding this

bamp

Do you ever get sick of eating the same food daily?
At what time do you eat it?

Made a scrot of your based post, OP. Good job.

dats it mang.
Be motivated, but more importantly stay disciplined.
And keep cumming, never stop cumming.

youtube.com/watch?v=pN253RLDdM8
Cum hard mah dude.

When faced with ambiguous information, assume the best.

I know that feel. The shit posts have always been there, and will always be there.
It's our job to provide the kind of content we want to see.
I'm not waiting for someone else to provide good shit.
And between you and me, the shit posts only serve to elevate high quality posts by comparison.

No problem. I'll give an overview of micronutrients as well as a cost breakdown, in my next post here.
Keep in mind, you've got to put in the work yourself to reap the biggest benefit.

That's the nature of this place. Nothing lasts here, so it makes the awesome content even more special.
Because soon a thread will 404, and be lost forever, save for the memories of those that were there.
*Cue dramatic/poetic music*

That's cool. My mom kept me alive and fed me well when I was growing up.
(I miss my mom's food sometimes too, brings me back.)

But at a certain point in your life, you'll have to take control.
Ultimately, you have to decide how you sustain your body; it's no one else's responsibility.

Besides, how can you be absolutely sure what you're getting; without counting each gram yourself?

No problem bud. I do this shit cause it gets me off. The fact that someone else gets off too is just a bonus.

How much do you get to eat per day? I don't measure my food out in grams so I don't really know what that all looks like.

Mate what kind of situation are you in that only let's you eat for $2.50 a day? I'd say you have bigger problems than your weight man

Cooking large amounts of food at once saves you a shit-ton of time.
I spend like 4-6 hours preparing/cooking/packaging all the food.
I measure quantities to exactly 10 days a batch.

If you were to cook a days portion every time, it would take 1-2 hours each day.
So by cooking in large batches, I save myself roughly 5 to 15 hours over the course of 10 days.

Storage is another topic.
It goes without saying that food safety is important.

According to the three federal agencies:
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture,
the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Depending on the type of food to be stored; you can safely store food for a period of 1 to 14 days in the Refrigerator.
foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/storagetimes.html

In my case, the foods I've cooked would be classified as "Leftovers" and thus be safe to store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
(According to the chart provided in the link above.)
But, I've included Ground Beef in my meal which has a safe storage time of 1 to 2 days.

So I cater to the lowest common denominator so to speak.
And store only 2 days worth of food in the fridge at a time. The rest go in the freezer.
At the end of each day, I take a container out of the freezer and place it in the fridge; making sure to place it behind the oldest container in the fridge.

Technically, foods will last indefinitely in the freezer.

Also note:
Fridge temperature should be equal to or lower than 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4.4 degrees Celsius)
Freezer temperature should be equal to or lower than 0 degrees Fahrenheit (-17.8 degrees Celsius)

Practically, I've had times where I had food in the fridge for longer periods of time than 2 days. (sometimes 3, 5 or even 10 days).
And while I suffered no ill effects from those foods, it's a risk you are taking. Just be aware.

Im also cutting at ~1800 calories a day and currently my main staple is salmon.

~5 calories / protein ratio, cheap, high in omega3, and the mercury content is neglibile unlike tuna.

I cook it like pic-related

I would check out the prices for frozen fillets at your local supermarket.

If I dont need more protein, carrots are my go to snack food. ~20 calories for a large peeled carrot, and only ~$1 / pound.

Most of the time, I'm fine with eating the same meal.

By consuming it, along with my daily multivitamin + fish oil capsules; I know I am receiving complete nutrition.
(At least according to our modern day, scientific understanding.)

Food should be viewed as a fuel source.
It is the source that nourishes all your cells, and keeps your body full of vigor and vitality.

Of course, enjoyment is a practical consideration as well.
I mentioned earlier, that I tried a mixture with just chicken and pinto beans.
But I couldn't stand the taste, even though it provided more protein than my current mixture.

So it's also about compromise, for a sustainable long term solution.
You have to find a mixture of foods that both satisfies all your biological needs for sustenance, while also being tolerable if not enjoyable.

Sometimes you want to eat that candy bar, or have a slice of pizza, a beer or whatever.
But then you compromise your vision, your plan; by doing that.
Sometimes it happens, but you have to stay focused on your path.

Slightly related:
Two years ago, I took on a personal project to create a powder that provided a complete nutritional profile.
I could do what Soylent® was doing, but far cheaper, and customizable.
I invested almost 3,000 USD into that project. I downloaded the entire USDA food database, and wrote a program that analyzed the nutritional content of foods.
Given any number of foods, it would return a combination of foods that satisfied your RDA while taking into consideration Tolerable Upper Intake Levels, among other metrics...
And while it was a success mathematically, it was a practical failure.
One of the ingredients...Black Bean Flour, proved to be extremely unpalatable.
And because I did not do any small scale testing, I had to throw out the entire batch.
I had no further funds to continue the project.

So the lesson: is to test what food works for you. When you find it, stick with it.
(attached picture is from said project)

how do you measure and separate the ten day batch into separate containers?

That sounds interesting. How did you powderize the foods? Blend and then dehydrate?

Seems like you're dedicated about this and pretty eloquent my man. You might want to give that business venture a second shot maybe starting on a smaller scale. Might be some ingredients you could use that are almost as good and more palatable.

So you can do this the hard way or the easy way.

>>The Hard Way:
Here are the quantities I used per day;
grams - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (raw, uncooked)
grams - White Rice (dry, uncooked)
grams - Pinto Beans (dry, uncooked)
grams - Ground Beef 73/27 (raw, uncooked)

Using the nutritional information found from the USDA Food Composition Database

I find the caloric value of the above combination and divide it by the weight of the uncooked food.
This gives me the "calorie per gram of food" figure.
so:
1871 calories / 752 grams of uncooked food = 2.4880 calories per gram of food

Cooking changes the weight of the mixture.
The chicken loses water when cooked, as does the ground beef.
However, the beans and rice absorb water in the cooking process.
This gives us a different weight when we finish cooking all our food.

According to my logs from last night, this batch has the following figure:
1.4685 calories per gram of food.

The uncooked food had a net increase of water, increasing its weight.
The end result is that we must eat more quantity of food to receive the same calories.

>>But how much do we need to eat?
We take the amount of calories we wish to eat in one day and divide it by 1.4685 calories/gram
(1871 cal) / (1.4685 cal/g) = ~1274 grams
So to get 1871 calories in one day, One must consume 1274 grams of cooked food.

>>But how much (size) do we need to eat?
I can't give an exact figure, without measuring my food (which I'm not going to do right now).
So instead let's find a boundary.

We know the weight of cooked food = 1274 grams.
In order to find the size of food, we must make an assumption about its density.
For the sake of this interpretation, we will assume 100% of that 1274 grams is water.
Water has a density of 1 gram per cubic centimeter.
(Keep in mind that the other constituents are more dense than water. Protein for example, has a density of 1.35 grams per cubic centimeter.)

So the size of food we must consume is approximated by a cube with its length, width, and height equal to the cubic root of 1274.
cubic root(1274) = 10.84

Therefore, one must consume a volume of cooked food no greater than 10.84 cm^3 (4.27 in^3).
Of course the volume will be less than this, considering things like protein and fiber are more dense than water.
But this provides a boundary.

Going one step further.
The average erect penis size, according to three studies is 5.75 inches (14.61 centimeters) long.
i.imgur.com/0s939qM.png

Therefore to get the proper visual:
1. Construct an airtight cube of cooked food.
2. Get rock hard. I'm talking a diamond boner, for science.
3. Slam that cock on the dinner table; and make sure the cube is at least half as long, but not longer than your cock, on all sides.
4. Be satisfied that you found the appropriate amount to eat.

OR

>>The Easy Way:
Use a scale to measure the weight.

Food scales are cheap. You can find them for under 10 USD.
amazon.com/Scales-Measuring-Tools-Cooks-Gadgets/b?ie=UTF8&node=289787

If you're serious about nutrition you'll track everything you eat.
Only when you track for a long time, can you "eyeball" measurements, but even then it's just a lazy practice.

Quality shit,saving it

Lol.
Sometimes you find yourself in shitty situations my dude.
Either by your choices or just the circumstances.
It doesn't really matter by which.

What matters is what you do, moving forward.

Trust me when I say, I'm handling my shit.
And I'm working towards improving my situation.

A side effect of this, is that I have to make do with what I have.
And my health is very important to me, so it makes no sense to neglect my health when I can reasonably take care of it.

I do it in 6 steps.

1. Figure out mathematically, What type of food / How much of each food I will use.
2. Measure out 10 days worth of uncooked food.
3. Cook the food.
4. Measure the cooked food weight.
5. Find the amount of cooked food to eat each day.
6. Properly store the cooked food.

For step 1 - Make sure to stay under the calorie limit and budget, while maximizing protein.
For step 3 - Keep your cooking area clean and practice proper food handling techniques (especially with uncooked meat).
For step 5 - Use these three formula, in order:

calories of uncooked food for single day * 10 day batch = total calories of all uncooked food
total calories of all uncooked food / entire cooked food weight = calories per gram of cooked food
calories of uncooked food for a single day / calories per gram of cooked food = grams of cooked food to eat each day

You can replace "10 day batch", with however large/small of a batch you want to make.

I purchased the powders in bulk from manufacturers. Otherwise I'd have to invest in the equipment to powderize them myself.
The bulk of the carbohydrates came from potato flour, and black bean flour.
The bulk of the protein (and the essential amino acids that come with it )came from whey protein isolate.
The essential fatty acids came from a blend of three oils: flax seed, canola, and safflower oil.
I've attached the formula I used when pursuing this project, along with the program readout on the left.

QandQ, nicely done. Sad that this is a quality fit thread, but no new fags cera 2000 will entre into this thread because fit is meme city now. Thanks for posting user, good stuff

I appreciate the kudos my dudes.
I do this shit because I'm passionate about nutrition and I want to see everyone healthy as fuck.

I think we've both learned some things from this post.
You guys have learned that tracking your shit is important, especially the food you put into your body.
You've been provided resources to do your own analysis of your diet.
And you've learned to use these resources as tools towards making your next-level diet.

I've learned that despite the shitposting that goes around here...there are a few Veeky Forumsizens that give a shit about what this board is all about: Health and Fitness.
I'll call upon this knowledge when I'm contemplating the creation of a post or the creation of a video.
That there are a few based anons out there, that know what the fuck is up.
I appreciate you fucks.

We're all gonna make it. Good lifts and restful sleep for all you Veeky Forumsfags.