Is pic related the only exercise you need for aesthetic shoulders?

Is pic related the only exercise you need for aesthetic shoulders?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UUBd9X7aHSI?t=30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

makes my shoulders hurt like shit

You aren't doing it right

These remind me that my shoulders are incredibly weak

Weakling detected

Yeah its the only necessary shoulders exercise because bench works your front delts and rows and lat pulldown work your rear delts. The side lateral raise works on the middle delt which makes them look wider from the front

Well then help me bitches I'm struggling

if you already do a lot of bench pressing or incline pressing and pullups/chinups/rows, you are hitting front delts adequately and probably rear delts adequately

so yes, you could get away with just side laterals

Lighten the weight you use, focus on getting a good contraction, 1 second up, squeeze at the top and 3 seconds down

Are front lats good too?

for front delts, sure, but your front delts are already hit hard by any pressing variant (bench, incline, overhead work especially) so direct front delt work is usually a waste of time

>front lats
Janoy Cresva with the anatomy lesson.

>not doing Arnold press

This. Slow lifts are goat lifts

works your tricep

>Is pic related the only exercise you need for aesthetic shoulders?
If you already bench which hits your front delts, then yeah.

I went about a year doing lateral raises twice a week with no OHP and shoulders are my best feature (pic related)

I did the 26 lbs ones for 30 reps and the 16 pounds ones for 60 and I have shit shoulders.I did not swing, only at the last ones.

Google exrx lateral raise and do it like they recommend. Bottom position in front of your hips, not to your sides, with a slight forward lean. I've not had any problems in my shoulders from doing them this way and I had chronic shoulder pain for the better part of a decade, before I started lifting.

don't believe that "pour the pitcher" shit, it's just going to snap your cuffs

similarly don't fucking do the whip on your front raises (also agree with other user. front raises are a waste of time)

Omfg dat body looks like perfection. Even some greek statues would pale with jealousy.

But what is your face routine?

A-am I gonna make it?

no, pic related is.

if by aesthetic you mean completely fucked up before 40, yes
add dips for faster aesthetic injuries

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about?

I do them with cables, I saw a YouTube video saying it was better than dumbbells for this exercise. I don't know how true it is but it helped making it more enjoyable for me and now my delts are the most anesthetic part of my body so much that I had to do less so other parts could catch up

I do bent elbow lateral raises.

No need to go the whole 9 yards with the amount of bench/overhead pressing I do, among other things (arnold presses/etc)

the fuck is he doing, standing bench press?

Curious about these. Anyone have thoughts on these? How can I do these without grinding my rotator cuff?

What the fuck

please post link to video, this is actually frightening

if you use any muscle groups you'll be fucked before 40, whats hard to get about that

HAMMER CURL WORKS YOUR TRICEPS?!

>Is pic related the only exercise you need for aesthetic shoulders?
Don't do that shit with free weights retards.

>Curious about these. Anyone have thoughts on these? How can I do these without grinding my rotator cuff?

They're literally fine, I do them standing.

Most of the movement is in your forearms, rather than the elbow. It's just a nifty way of lifting the weight in front of you, rather than from the sides.

>Not doing The Press™

Weighted handstand push ups are better

front delts and chest, the only overhead press variation that works the lateral delts a significant amount is a behind the neck press, but they require very high shoulder mobility, and even then the risk of shoulder injury is high.

But also working your inner back so your shoulders are in a straight line (not rounded) will help bring the mass of the front delts outward.

> not including the clean

I saw a vid by athlenex saying you should lean forward, rotate the shoulders externally and do 1.5 reps. You're thoughts??

Mirin

Routine? Time training? Lifts?

nobody ever seems to know how to do a proper dumbell press

it's either shitty seated dumbell "shoulder" press or those dumb arnold presses

What do you suggest then?

pressing in the scapular plane.
shoulders more externally rotated at the start (elbows at 35~45deg angle) and more internally rotated at the end (elbows over/in line with shoulders).

example:
youtu.be/UUBd9X7aHSI?t=30