Qtddtot

Questions That Don't DersreveTheir Own Thread

I'll start. Does anyone else's lips raise when doing lateral raises? Like I'm doing half a smile, it's so hard to control it, in the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95Fx2aYQbQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagine your head and neck as a column. The stronger and more anchored it is, the more efficiently and forcefully your arm and shoulder muscles can lift and lower the load around it.

But as you perform these upper-body exercises, your traps, lats, delts, or rotator cuff muscles pull your head and neck from side to side. As a result, your column weakens and you can’t lift the weight as easily. So in order to stop this pulling, your body causes your jaw/lips to shift.

CAN ANYONE PLZ HELP ME FIND AN OLD PICTURE I REMEMBER?

>woman has brownish/blackish hair
>I believe she was sitting down or on her knees
>she's wearing a blue/grey type of dress
>she has very large tits that are mostly pink from being sunburnt
>the part of her breasts that aren't pink from the sun are a pale white
>she's fully clothed

I originally saw it on here, so if someone could help me find it I would love them forever

Good Adonis belt workout?

is foam rolling necessary? new to lifting and wondering if I have to do it or will stretching work by itself

I've been using mesomorph preworkout for the past month and really liked it, especially the beta-alanine. I'm too poor to spend another $45 on it now so I'm thinking about Mr Hyde since it's way cheaper. Is Hyde any good or is it a meme?

Yeah I do all kinds of weird shit with my face doing those. Its normal.

weight loss

So uh
Partly because I have literally no money and partly because I'm tired of having a gut and minor man boobs I started just drinking a single high calorie Ensure meal replacement per day in absence of everything else. How good/meh/absofuckinglutely horrible of a thing is this?

Has anyone read of, or seen, improvements with a mental illness because of diet and exercise, specifically OCD?

terrible. I don't know what the nutrient profile of Ensure is but unless it's advertised as a complete meal replacement it would be very unhealthy to sustain yourself on it alone. What worked for me was cooking my own elaborate meals once a day because I spent more time considering what I was eating and how to prepare rather than just stuffing my face with tasty goodies. Keep in mind you also need to eat enough to keep your brain functioning properly.

Anyone have recommendations for low-calorie drinks? Tried that Bai shit, but it's just too bland. I'm looking for essentially flavored water, for the sake of variety. I would try stuff like pic related, but they look like a gross meme.

Heard anecdotal stuff from friends saying that exercising helped their anxiety, one specifically had pretty bad isolation anxiety. Not sure about OCD specifically, but exercise can be a good distraction or at least goal-oriented thing to do.

Foam rolling and stretching are recommended, but not necessary.

Mio is great, only tried cherry though

If you're a skinny DYEL with long arms is ok to do a bench press without the bar touching my chest?
If I lower the bar all the way to my chest, I have to dig my triceps into the bench in order to get it that far down.

Has anyone here dealt with severe wrist pain? Doing lmao1pushup hurts pretty bad

>If you're a skinny DYEL with long arms is ok to do a bench press without the bar touching my chest?
Yes. Just make sure your arms are at ~90 degrees.
>If I lower the bar all the way to my chest, I have to dig my triceps into the bench in order to get it that far down.
Wait, how are you holding the bar? Your arms shouldn't be going inwards like that.

Check your form. Look online.

>Wait, how are you holding the bar? Your arms shouldn't be going inwards like that.
I'm holding it so that when my upper arms are parallel to the floor, my elbows are at right angles

But that's a good number of inches off my chest
I'm even arcing my back and puffing out my chest

To get the bar all the way down to my chest, my elbows need to be a few inches below the bench itself

Ah I see what you're saying now.

Well yeah, your elbows will be a bit below the bench for you to go all the way down.

I wouldn't recommend it though. Going that far does nothing more for your chest and only leads to the potental to fuck up your shoulders.

Stick with the right angle.

Good to hear
Because it doesn't feel too good

Might give it a try then, thanks user.

WHY ARE CHINUPS SO HARD????

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because you are weak. Train more, user

Any accessories that help? Or just add more sets? I can only do 3...

So to make one protein shake you need to mix 1 scoop to ~200ml of water. So why the fuck are some protein-shaker-cups 1L? What can I put in the shake to make it 1L?

More water.

100-200 chinups a week. You'll get better at them if you do that...

But then it would taste watery

Milk

hyde is pretty fucking based. some people report bad stomach reactions but only one way to find out I guess

Triceps are an underrated accessory

Do you mean Mr. Hyde or this stuff?

How much of a difference in hammie emphasis is there between normal leg curl and the lying one? Cannot do the former for a while and I was memed by a guy at my gym into thinking that the lying one will train them unevenly for some reason. halp

I dearly hope he meant Mr.Hyde because your pic is a proper load of shit in comparison.

yes I did mean Mr.Hyde. wasn't even aware the other one existed kek

i'm a fatass cunt who used to only lift and ran his first longer-than-1-mole run a few weeks ago

How good is a 7;30 pace 2.5 mile run?

I assume it's pretty shit but again i have no frame of reference for running

Can a greater % of runners do that than lifters who can 1/2/3/4?

Also, is it smart to try to run further or run faster over a distance to push towards a good 5k?

How long should I rest between sets?

That's a really good pace in my opinion

But I'm have no idea about what real "good times" are
You can look up military standards and see how you stand there

I use stevia to sweeten certain beverages like a little OJ mixed with a can sparkling water is pretty good.

And on that note, does anyone know of any cons to using stevia as a sweetener?

I heard a minute
But don't quote me on that

The only 24hr gym near me is a Planet Fatness. They have 5 smith machines - but I don't think those would really hit all the stabalizer muscles used in traditional squats and deadlifts. Are there any alternatives I can use to supplement the muscles not being used?

Nothing replaces diddlies fully

But you can use goodgirl/badgirl machines for the stablilizers
Flutter kicks also seem to activate some of the same muscles

>goodgirl/badgirl machines
kek

What are some good bulking supplements?

Do you have a higher chance of getting laid if you just don't give girls attention, reject them and put them in their place?

There is no excuse to be patronizing a planet fitness.
Happens all too often. Sad.

I'm sorry for being the male equivalent of an alcoholic soccer mom with a saggy ass. I just want a 24hr gym that isn't 1hr away :(

Sort of, but you kind of have to be Chad and still likeable to others. A lot of girls want what they can't have, and if you give them too much attention they won't be interested.
It's a fine line. You have to be like 40% aloof 35% dick and 25% cool. But you must be 100% confident.

There's a fine line to be tread between being confident and not needing validation and doing that stupid PUA "negging" shit

Don't DENNIS them

If they show interest, show it back
But don't grovel.

Find the right balance between "I want to be with you" and "I need to be with you"

How do I into calories? I finally measured what I eat every day and it seems low.

2 chicken breasts = ~440 calories, ~90g of protein
2 potatoes = ~220 calories, ~6g of protein
3 eggs = ~210 calories, ~18g of protein
2 scoop shake = ~260 calories, ~40g of protein

~1130 calories, ~154g of protein

There are no drinks there

You only drink water exclusively?

The DENNIS system has worked well for me just saying

What is the DENNIS system?

youtube.com/watch?v=95Fx2aYQbQs

Those must be small potatos. Potatos are 89 kcal per 100gram.

Am just starting SS
Will going to the gym in my rest days actually kill me or have a negative effect? I'm fairly athletic already, and been going to the gym for a few months .

my legs are getting fucked up on diddlylifts. Is this normal? I wear thick pants but I still end up bleeding

There is such a thing as overworking, but if you work other muscles, you should be fine

You might be leaning too far forward

yup better to stay at home

dumbass

>tfw last rep grunts don't sound tough or stronk, more like a wheezy old man dying

please tell me someone else knows this feel

Allrighty, thanks.
Anudda one, Will not stuffing my face with food affect me negatively? I eat enough to be satiated, but I've read that you have to take a pretty big caloric surplus.

Yeah it will if you're skinnyfat or otherwise not a fat lard

Fatties eat enough to lift
Skinnies don't and need to learn to

I've been lifting casually (repeat CASUALLY) for a year and a half.
And while my form and comfort level have always been increasing, my actual lift weights have been slow because I don't eat a major surplus

Think food as construction materials

use whole milk to mix with shake

Need a no bullshit opinion on a beginner routine. Just getting into lifting and my bench/squat/dead is 135/165/235 3x5. Should I just do a 3 day SS style routine or a 6 day PPL?

I'm currently going to Pant Shitness as well, for the time being. It fucking sucks, but I'm buying home gym equipment soon so hopefully I won't have to deal with their shit much longer.

Gotcha mate, thanks.
Last question, am I a twink, nearing ottermode or just a dyel fag

That's a really good beginner spread, mate
Well done

It depends on how much are you willing to dedicate.

If you can reliable do 6 days a week every week, then there's nothing wrong with PPL

Also, as a beginner, focus on your form
I fucked this up when I was a beginner. Made all sorts of advances but then had to deload a ton to get my form in check
Especially for squats. Lower faggot

Ottermode. What are your stats?

Jesus dude
You look amazing, no homo

Keep doing whatever you're doing. Women must stop and drool

Thanks friendo, I appreciate the advice.

Really good lighting/10

Go take a photo of yourself outside in full sun

ive been lifting for about 5 months now, and I look lile shit. Although ive gained some muscle and am bigger than when I started I am nowhere near where I should be.(135/195/275, bench,squat,diddly) This is a combo of my bad diet and my shit routine, so Ive cleaned up my diet over the last month and am now looking for a good full body routine to make quality strength gain. SS and SL seem pretty barebones so I was looking for any alternative. If not, ill go with SL and come back in 6 months.(hopefully ive had made you proud by then) Thanks for the help in advance.

further. endurance training is like a pyramid. the wider your base, the higher your peak. don't neglect speed training, but focus on endurance.
also, 7:30 for 2.5 miles is a very good pace

Revealed as this Brazillian manboy

You should consider swimming to lower some bodyfat and make dem cardio and aesthetics gains. Will help with your gyno as well.

Swimming is nothing but cardio + upper body

It won't lose your bodyfat any better than a diet

Worked for me desu

if I can't squat, which is less bad: smith machine or leg press?

ye

well my gym does have a pool and im not completely against the idea of picking up swimming. How often a week though?

Why can't you squat?
No stablizers?

How into eating healthy when living in car? California guy who doesn't qualify for benefits bc I actually have a job and care about improving myself.

twink

no squat rack

Anybody here have experience running away from home? How can you tell your parents that, in the short term, you don't want to be estranged from them, but they shouldn't bother trying to bring you back home?

My anecdote is that going to the gym replaced my obsession of having dirty hands with an obsession of sweat being on my face for any period of time, but some people see improvement.

leg press
What's wrong user

I'd start easy, maybe 3 days a week about 30-40 mins, with an emphasis on Crawl and Butterfly. Once you've got the condition do it every day you go to the gym, for about an hour. Its not really that taxing.

No. Small scrapes here and there can happen accidentally, if you're bleeding through clothing adjust your stance.

Muh creates cravings
Muh anecdotes about weight gain/bloating
Muh "it's poison because it's a non-sugar sweetener"
I don't know of any real issues with stevia or if any exist, but I'd like to see some because I want a good reason to not be consuming as much as I do

exercises that can help vertical jump? I already squat (3x5 140kg), deadlift (3x5 166kg), power cleans, do seated calf raises and leg curls. maybe I should add lounges and some jump rope at the end of the work out?

long story short I worked my ass off to get into Princeton, they have serious ideological distaste for "elites" and are making me go to a community college far away. We moved as a family recently, I can't put up with this bullshit and want to fulfill my destiny

w/o electricity you're going to have a hard time, or an expensive one. Any way to get a fridge of some kind?
Explosive leg work of any kind, box jumps etc I believe Candito has some reference to this in his program and videos

Do both! Or squat holding dumbbells or something

I think I know that picture. I usually see it 2 or 3 times a week on pol for the obligatory "how do we fix western women" thread. Sorry can't find it.

>>inb4 you have to go back

Sounds like they're judgmental assholes. Man up and leave, they'll eventually understand. You're more than just an experiment, user. If your parents actually get angry at you for going to a good college, then they don't really care about you.

Congrats for getting into Princeton! Hopefully if they're good parents you should be able to have an honest conversation with them about your future how the only person that controls your destiny is you - good parents would set aside any ideological beliefs for their child. Explain regardless that it is YOUR choice, and you hope they can see past their opinions to support you. If they don't want to have anything to do with you after that then in my opinion they're not worth keeping in contact with - but after time all emotional wounds can heal through effort. I hope things get better for you mate!

Tell them you want to go to Princeton, a place doesn't make the person.
'Running away' will only make them think you are too immature to go to an elite institute, you'll never get the respect you want for it.
Try to win them round, demonstrate the lengths you'll go to in order to do what you want.

That's exactly where I'm at. I look for cons of stevia and all I see is that it may cause stomach bloat. I'm sure there's some negative effects that we should know about.

hmm well, adding an extra hour to my workout my change the time I go to the gym, but nothing extraordinary. My only real concern is whether or not I will have enough energy to do that on the days I lift weights while im on a full body.

I mean, I can, but my car doesn't have a 3 pronged outlet.

Alright, get a gas stove of some kind so you can heat shit up.
Rice, chilli, beans etc are all available in cans to heat up and have some nice macros.
You'll mainly miss out out the ability to store meats which makes getting protein potentially expensive.
Powder maybe?