BUDS training

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the best training regime/program for completing Navy Seals BUDS? Seems cardio is important, but that's all i can think of.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sePX4eH2m4g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its physically demanding yes , but its not the physical part that is tough its the mental harrasment you will recieve from buds that will make even the top1 percent of the lifting community quit. it's all mental.

The log and boat fucking sucks, if you are taller you are going to have a bad time, manlets have an advantage in the log carrying exercise.

Cardio and swimming.

Really swimming/being comfortable in the water is what causes the most attrition from BUDS/BRC/AnS/any school that requires swim work.

You can be in perfect shape but if you're not comfortable being drown proofed or wearing gear you're not going to make it.

After every lifting session i usually swim around 1500 fet or so. I'm still trying to learn the combat swim
It's still gonna help preparing for intense workouts at long periods of time. i just dont really know much outside lifting programs.

Blow the PST standards out of the water
Take cold showers
Learn to scuba dive and shoot
Focus on doing a shit ton of running and swimming while doing a shit ton of pushups, dips, overhead press (log PT), ab exercises
Be very comfortable in the water, you are going to get drowned and shit
Don't Quit

Got it, Shit ton of running and pushups.
when i commit to something. I dont give up.

Have you seen this series?
youtube.com/watch?v=sePX4eH2m4g
Also if you are really serious read the book
Breaking BUD/S: How Regular Guys Can Become Navy SEALs

i finished that whole series yesterday actually.

Learn how to write a book

Why is that important though?

BUDS seems so much harder than all other special forces selection i've seen in the US.

RASP and Recon looks easier for sure, or am I just retarded? What selection in the US is as hard as BUDS?

If you want to be a SEAL, don't get fitness advice from Veeky Forums

Go to SEALSWCC website, look up Stew Smith, the NavySEALs Reddit has some good stuff too.

Not specifically a seal. But a counterpart in my country. Since it's so secretive i dont know anything about the tests, so i went for the the toughest challenge i know of. BUDS.

Rangers have already gone through AIT, Airborne, Ranger School and then RASP and have at least one tour. They could complete BUD/S it's just as hard but they become on in a different way. I don't think a SEAL is any more tough than a Ranger.

Kek

/k/?

All i know of are the competetive results on the website. Which is:
1km run in 45 minutes
underwater swimming 30-40 meters.
bench press with ones own weight 3 reps
20 dips
and a lot of marching with a 20 kg backpack.
That's all i know.

Ment for

Only browse Veeky Forums and /d/ so no

>1km run in 45 minutes

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

MY BAD 10KM************

You need to be fast and strong. Do couch to 10k then look up half marathon training plans. Also do compound lifts and body excercises. Work ok flexibility.
This is 100% bullshit. The only reason people say it's mental is because they assume your in the top 1% physical shape already. Watch the buds series. They do 15 mile timed beach runs. That's physical as all fuck.
This is wrong. Ait and airborne are a complete joke. Also not all rangers go to ranger school. That's the tab for people who don't know not the scroll. RASP is tough sure but it's only 2 months and buds is 6.

So i should stay away from heavy lifting or should i encorporate it?

This is a chart used to prep for Canadian jtf2 standards, how does Veeky Forumsthink it would do?

Do you think anything is as hard as BUDS then?

desu i cant even make minimums atm.

they do 1 15 mile run , everything else is 5 miles or less, but you cant physically prepare yourself to be able to lay in ice cold water or roll in the sand , or being told to do an intense exercise all over again just because they want you too shit is mental dude

You absolutely should do compound lifts. Exclusively. Not bobynuolding bullshit. Did you watch that buds series's? They're OHP logs and carrying boats and shit. That's functional strength. You don't want to be heavy though cause it'll fuck up your running. So lift but you better not get fat and bulk or anything like that.
No. The only thing you could make a case for is the delta selection aka the long walk or whatever. No one knows enough details about it to accurately judge it but the fail rate is just a simple high as buds and all people attempting it are rangers and green berets so that shows how tough it is. Buds are mostly fresh faces booters that's why the fail rate is so high as well. 19 year old kids with big dreams who are under prepared.

lol at this retard talking shit about rangers

Nigger call your autism and listen to me. I never said there isn't a mental side. Of course there is. But you're making the assumption that you are already in excellent shape. Please tell me you realize the average fitizen cannot even complete a 15 mile run let alone do it in a competitive time. And even then most probably can't run 5 mile in a competitive time. And btw they do lots of long distance runs and swims in not sure where you're getting this info but you're wrong just so you know.

Nothing I said is untrue and I wasn't taking shit you faggot all I said was buds was way tougher. Calm your autism.

He's not you retarded faggot I asked a question because I didn't know and he seems to.
Don't you think the attrition rate for selection of BUDS would be better if they didnt just have people with almost no years of service.

Do you think Rangers are as tough as SEALs? or just that BUDS is harder than RASP? Also what is 2nd to BUDS then?

Man you're trapped in memes.
There's no need to rank rangers and seals cause fact is they aren't the same. They do different jobs. There's some overlap but you're stuck in the mentality of one vs the other and that's not how it works really.
Fact is anyone in any SOF is tough as nails for sure. Could rangers be seals sure and vice versa. Some just chose the army instead of the navy and vice versa.

They're all tough so it doesn't really matter. Forget the marines ones cause you should never join the marines ever for any reason. But they say being a PJ or a green beret medic is extremely grueling cause the schools are like 2 years in total.

Also as far as the attrition rate goes absolutely but that's the point. It's a open secret to people who've served that those programs exist for the sole reason of getting people to fail out. When you fail buds or green beret selection(18x) as a brand new recruit you are basically a slave at that point. You become needs of the military and they send you where they need you aka some shit job that no on wants. That's the whole point. I was in the navy. When the buds guys failed they get sent to ships as undesignated seaman. Literally the worst job in the navy. Basically if you're gonna do it it's better to die at BUDS rather than quit cause your life will be a living hell otherwise.

Thanks for the advice guys. OP signing out it's 3 am and im graduating tommorow so it might be a good idea to get some sleep.

Muscular endurance is also important. Practice massive rep counts.

Yes look at Marsocs attrition rate, its really low because its all ncos almost all pass because they dont quit but very few get selected because of peer reviews

Currious on why to not do the Marines? t. marine

Alright dude cool thanks a lot for your info etc. appreciate it

why is usmc bad

If you're actually a marine then you damn well know why. Anything the marines offers another branch has a better version of plain and simple. Every other branch has faster advancement as well as better living conditions and bonuses. And if you're gonna give me the whole I wanna challenge myself and I want the pride angle that's fine I'd just say ok than go be a ranger in the army. Auto E-4 plus way better than marine infantry. Literally no reason what so ever to join the marines.

Np nigga. I'll monitor the thread for a bit if you wanna know more but you should head over the the /meg/ threads on /k/ and lurk there for a while if you want more general info about the mil.

See above. Literally anything you want from the core another branch has a better version of. No matter what your reason for joining you can find more of it somewhere else.

If you join the military for pay your already losing, the diffrence between e1 and e4 pay is like 2 or 3 hundred bucks wooopiee , i joined the Marines because i wanted to become a man something that yiu can honestly see in all Marines is that 90 percent of Marine males are diffrent from when they enlisted but every other branch that signifigantly goes down i mean the army is a laughing stock now

Oh look it's another Veeky Forumsizen wants to be a navy seal/SF/MARSOC etc thread

You gotta manage your expectations my dude. Why not spend some time in the conventional military first before you decide you wanna dedicate your life to it?

Nigger you just went full retard. First off as I said. If you want to "be a man" to be a ranger. Why would you not want to be a ranger if you want to go full on pride mode?
Second you say you don't care about money is fuxking retarded. People with families care about money. People doing 20 years care about money. Plus the sooner you get e4 the sooner you get that sweet e5 and start getting bah. Why would you ever choose less money over more? If you're half as stupid as you seem than no wonder you're a marine.

That's a meme. Regular mil sucks compared to that cool guy stuff. You'll be stuck sweeping water and painting rocks and it will crush your spirit. Trust me. If you're gonna do it you're better spending time before enlisting getting physically ready as much as you can then go for it. Trust me the regular mil sucks ass and will make you want to get out on a daily basis. Plus once you're in shit comes up all the time that will prevent you from following you're dreams.

Dude the conventional military isn't that bad and if OP goes to BUDS and fails (which he almost 100% will) he'll end up in the navy sucking cocks on a boat for the next 4 years.

Especially if you want to be a special operator you might as well spend a couple years in the infantry and be miles ahead of guys like OP by the time you get to selection. OP is fistfucking himself by falling for the "civilian to SEAL" meme.

It's common knowledge that most dudes who pass any kind of SOF selection had prior military, usually infantry experience, and the guys who go fresh out of boot camp are at a massive disadvantage. Unless OP is a type A personality physical anomaly who has never failed at anything in his life he is going to end up a buds dud like the rest of them.

You're wrong. The only reason those new people fail is cause they severely under prepare. So long as you're not a moron and can accurately assess yourself it's better you go for it right away. The fact is anytime I've heard a story about someone quitting is cause it was to physically demanding aka they weren't ready. That's exactly why when the navy added pre buds training at Great Lakes the pass rate went way up. Cause all the new students are in are better shape then they would've been.

This is absolutely false, people who go to buds are already in the navy on some ship somewhere or new enlisted guys with a seal contract.
Why would someone in another military branch switch branches to join the navys SF when they could just join their own branches own special forces, they all have one.

how do I increase running speed? I can get max around 12km/hr and that's instantaneous, need to maintain 12.5km/hr at least for12 minutes to pass physical.

I ran marathon in April, also I've been doing strength programme so mylegs should be decently strong for my genetics.

Lose weight and do sprints. Work sprints into your marathon training.

Cut weight. Ottermode or bust. Run sprints with a chute. Can't be no bear mode and move like you need boy.

Mental toughness is the key aspect, as well as your ability to function with about 1 hour of sleep a night.

Just like the Q-course for Rangers, you'll lose a lot of weight. We had a guy go in kind of fat, and he iced out during the swamp phase, but he'd lost 20 lb. in the two weeks since we'd last seen him.

>q course
>for rangers
Know how I know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

Biggest thing out of this is don't quit, running shortly behind

gassers
110s
burpees
a shit ton of pushups and sit up variations
and pull ups
depending on your height you wanna get to a good weight so your fast on your feet

Being an undes seaman sucks dick but it's far from a "living hell". You basically just haul shit around and chip paint and rust off of floors and walls all day. Oh. And paint, paint, paint. And get talked down to like you're a retarded child. And work late every day doing meaningless bitch work. And have nobody looking out for you or having your back. Alright maybe you're right.

from what i've seen, hardest part would be doing everything with barely any sleep

they basically sleep deprive you and blast you with sensory overlord like loud noises and extreme cold, all while seeing if you can still quickly react to orders and perform difficult physical feats

if you can't concentrate and operate while operating on zero sleep and in an completely adverse environment, then you prob won't be a special operator

OP I'm plan on going CRO and going to phase II in about a year. Here's everything what I heard from other Pararescuemen, other special operators and straight personal experience with fuck-fuck games

Both a SERE instructor and CRO trainee both told me is that just start preparing for your respective fitness test and just start running/swimming like a mother fucker. Outside that theirs nothing you can really do to "prepare" for BUD/S, Indoc or whatever. Selection phases such as BUD/S are just designed for attrition and seeing those who have the basic qualifications to be able to survive in a hostile environment. You will get hazed, you will eat shit no matter how physically fit you are, and lastly your cadre are not looking for people who are PT studs; they are looking for people who have the heart.

Basically run like the wind, swim like a fish, and have the character of someone who really really wants to become X SF group.